Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 03:17 PM

2,040 posts, read 4,556,339 times

Advertisements

Where does the OP work? Seems like a really crazy place. Women crying all the time over nothing? and others who ask incessant questions? and, OMG, being called into the new bosses office to chat?

Seriously though, I've worked 30 years in all types of businesses and I can't seem to remember woman just radomnly crying over nothing. I have seen woman get so mad that they cry as they are yelling or one woman whose dog died and she got teary eyed over it but I haven't seen too many women break down over their job and just ball their eyes out at their desk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 07:55 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1963 View Post
Where does the OP work? Seems like a really crazy place. Women crying all the time over nothing? and others who ask incessant questions? and, OMG, being called into the new bosses office to chat?

Seriously though, I've worked 30 years in all types of businesses and I can't seem to remember woman just radomnly crying over nothing. I have seen woman get so mad that they cry as they are yelling or one woman whose dog died and she got teary eyed over it but I haven't seen too many women break down over their job and just ball their eyes out at their desk.

It's new to me too. First time in my life witnessing this type of foolishness.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:01 PM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Yet another misogynistic gem from TVSG.
Yes, maybe they're crying because he hasn't yet left town.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:15 AM

819 posts, read 1,592,977 times
I guarantee you that if men were having periods and getting pregnant and having to get existing children ready for school, etc., then having to go home and work another 8 hours at their 2nd job, there'd be a whole of snot sniffing men at work. Been there done that, got the Tshirt. I do think that a lot of bosses scream/act out/belittle others, because they won't cry and let it out.

BTW, TVG, just about every time I read your posts (which I just about don't) I throw up in my mouth a little.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
I guarantee you that if men were having periods and getting pregnant and having to get existing children ready for school, etc., then having to go home and work another 8 hours at their 2nd job, there'd be a whole of snot sniffing men at work. Been there done that, got the Tshirt. I do think that a lot of bosses scream/act out/belittle others, because they won't cry and let it out.

BTW, TVG, just about every time I read your posts (which I just about don't) I throw up in my mouth a little.

I don't care how much a woman has going on at home it's still no need to CRY in front of all your coworkers. If a woman feels she needs to cry then she should go to the bathroom so that she wont look like a retard in front of everyone.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:45 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,727 times
Admittedly, if I were going to cry at work I'd go to the bathroom, and make sure my eyes were good and dry before coming back. I would never give my co-workers the pleasure of seeing me cry.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Admittedly, if I were going to cry at work I'd go to the bathroom, and make sure my eyes were good and dry before coming back. I would never give my co-workers the pleasure of seeing me cry.

I'm repping you for that wonderful post

Old 01-09-2010, 10:27 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't care how much a woman has going on at home it's still no need to CRY in front of all your coworkers. If a woman feels she needs to cry then she should go to the bathroom so that she wont look like a retard in front of everyone.
The fact that you see a "retard" when someone is in tears is exactly why you don't have a girlfriend. Maybe next time you could try a little compassion??

Old 01-09-2010, 11:02 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
The fact that you see a "retard" when someone is in tears is exactly why you don't have a girlfriend. Maybe next time you could try a little compassion??
Not to mention he doesn't own a car ("Hey baby, want to go to dinner? Great, uh, I'll pick you up on my 10-speed" ), has no assets, and is working at a low-end job with no room for growth unless he gets a masters, which he's already said he wouldn't do. Yeah, that's primo dating material there.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Not to mention he doesn't own a car ("Hey baby, want to go to dinner? Great, uh, I'll pick you up on my 10-speed" ), has no assets, and is working at a low-end job with no room for growth unless he gets a masters, which he's already said he wouldn't do. Yeah, that's primo dating material there.

When you have a Big (DK) you don't need all the other crap you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment