Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 09:02 AM

95 posts, read 207,653 times

Advertisements

I'll translate this thread from the OP's mind to the offering table:

I will imply that a female breakdown happens semi-regularly at work as to set the bait. I will add in irrelevant asides as to not make it painfully obvious that this is a troll. The net result of this not-so-subtle misogyny is interaction with others, and perhaps a deeper understanding of my failures with women at-large. If I'm really lucky, maybe I'll feel better about myself after denigrating with generalizations-if only I can get a few chicks to take the bait.

Please ladies, take the bait. I'm very lonely here.

In love and pain,

TVandSportsguy

I'm here all day, folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 10:28 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,491,258 times
Women are just emotional beasts. If something is going on, they are just more likely to cry. I used to work security, and I saw some women just sitting at their desks just balling for some small reason, but it was late so they we just tired and extra emotional. To deal with stress, men get violent, women cry. That is how things just go.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:41 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehhh View Post
I'll translate this thread from the OP's mind to the offering table:

I will imply that a female breakdown happens semi-regularly at work as to set the bait. I will add in irrelevant asides as to not make it painfully obvious that this is a troll. The net result of this not-so-subtle misogyny is interaction with others, and perhaps a deeper understanding of my failures with women at-large. If I'm really lucky, maybe I'll feel better about myself after denigrating with generalizations-if only I can get a few chicks to take the bait.

Please ladies, take the bait. I'm very lonely here.

In love and pain,

TVandSportsguy

I'm here all day, folks.
Wow, I see that in your very short time here you have figured things out quite nicely.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:54 AM

153 posts, read 238,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Okay, I'll bite. You think it's just women? A few weeks ago, a male co-worker went into a complete tizzy over a scarf. A f***ing SCARF. He thought someone stole it and he flipped out on the entire crew, all flustered and shaking-"Who stole it? I know it was one of you! Oh my God, I cannot work under these conditions! I'm going to quit RIGHT NOW." Then he called two of the other employees who had already left and asked them if they took it, then called one of our bosses and said we were all thieves.

I told him to calm down and that it was probably in his car. When he went out there, he called us from his phone, all sheepish, saying "Yeah, it's in here". No apologies for accusing us of taking his ratty POS.

So yes, men can be total drama queens as well.

P.S.-Not all women are emotional, either. Some (like myself) can be "stoic, reserved, aloof, distant, unemotional, cold"...words normally used to describe men. And I've seen men cry.

My boss used to slam doors and throw things. Seriously. He had temper tantrums like a little baby. He'd pitch fits, flinging folders around his office because he couldn't find a file, only to have me quietly place it on his desk. (They'd usually be where he left them - in another room). One day, just because there were "too many" appointments scheduled, he threw a heavy picture frame across his office, shattering the glass and putting a hole in his door. I went in and pointed out that if he had problems with "overscheduling" he should let me know, and I'd rearrange it, but I did not appreciate people throwing things. I reminded him that if I'd been entering his office at the wrong moment, the hole would have been in MY head, not the door.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:30 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogemania View Post
My boss used to slam doors and throw things. Seriously. He had temper tantrums like a little baby. He'd pitch fits, flinging folders around his office because he couldn't find a file, only to have me quietly place it on his desk. (They'd usually be where he left them - in another room). One day, just because there were "too many" appointments scheduled, he threw a heavy picture frame across his office, shattering the glass and putting a hole in his door. I went in and pointed out that if he had problems with "overscheduling" he should let me know, and I'd rearrange it, but I did not appreciate people throwing things. I reminded him that if I'd been entering his office at the wrong moment, the hole would have been in MY head, not the door.
Reminds me of my first boss out of college. Why are men prone to temper tantrums and other childish displays in the workplace?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:37 PM

153 posts, read 238,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Reminds me of my first boss out of college. Why are men prone to temper tantrums and other childish displays in the workplace?
My own kids were grown, and I was handed another "baby" to raise! It reminds me of a "Cathy" strip I saw years ago. The frazzled secretary, confronted by bosses who both demanded something done NOW NOW NOW, said something like, "working for two forty-year-olds is worse than forty two-year-olds". A mother's work is never done!!!

Old 01-08-2010, 02:00 PM

199 posts, read 543,245 times
I worked with a few women that cried at work. The thing is they were the hardest workers in the place. They were there early everyday and put in more hours then everyone else. I'd probably cry too. The sad thing is they probably still had to go home and do "womens work". I actually met the husband of one of them and the ******* told me to stop saying "please" at the dinner table. I've never had someone tell me to stop being polite.

The one guy in the office that looked down on all the women was a basket case. He was single, miserable and nobody really liked him. Is that you TV? Are you that guy? I'm thinking you are.

I miss that guy though. My office roommate was asked by his boss to go on a field trip and he went insane. He slammed the door and went off on me, "he thinks he can go on field trips whenever he wants well he's got another thing coming. Lets go on field trips whenever we want. Where did he go? Who gave him permission?" He had no authority over us so that's why it was so funny. Another time he went off on me because he almost got laid off and thought I had something to do with it. Yeah dude, I'm at the bottom of the totem pole but make all the hiring and firing decisions. "I see you there looking at me thinking you think you can do what I do. You know what though? I have talent, something you'll never have". I loved it when he went off his rocker because I had stories to tell later at the bar.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:50 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,092,300 times
The more women at a Christmas party, the better.

SNORT.......

Old 01-08-2010, 02:53 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,084,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogemania View Post
When I was in high school, I worked at a pizza place where the boss would go into rages-he'd punch holes in the wall, kick the garbage can and go in the back and SCREAM at employees. I'd take a crying woman any day over that.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
per OP
tears are very useful. not something you wana get rid off.
sex works well too.
as to some of the OP responses, misandry and misogyny abound in CDF.
a separate issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment