Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 01:49 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times

Advertisements

1. Women, maxipads and tampons go in the trash, no the toilet.
  2. If it's dark outside, fluorescent bulbs on inside, and you've opened the windows then flying bugs will enter the building especially if the windows don't have screens on them. We use to have screens but a lady in administration didn't like the way they made the building look and ordered them removed.
  3. If you send a request to maintenance about something needing repair, please be specific. "check toilet" doesn't mean much. Had one that said "look at TV". Oh the smart remarks I could have made about that. Don't have to be too specific, just enough to let us know what tools we'll need to do the repair.
  4. If you're in a huge wide open office area and every light but one is burnt then your one burnt light is not a priority at all.
  5. No, I can't put out tarp on the roof during a thunderstorm.
  6. No, I can't fix a roof leak during a thunderstorm.
  7. Metal knives, plastic knives, straws, coffee stir sticks, paper towels, and food do not go in the sink.
  8. If you don't know what a "short in the wire" means then don't write it on the request. Just tell us the problem and we'll figure out the cause and repair the problem. Most of the time it's not a "short".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 02:00 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,912,531 times
Um, no. Tampons go in the toilet. Definitely.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:45 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,285,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
Um, no. Tampons go in the toilet. Definitely.
No,no,no,no,no. Bad, bad, bad. They go in the trash. They are horrible for sewers, septics, wastewater treatment plants, plumbing systems, and on and on.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:53 PM

I hate to break it to you but a tampon is much smaller than most things that go down that pipe. If your pipes can't handle it, it isn't because a tampon was flushed, it is because the plumbing stack isn't designed properly!

Old 03-07-2010, 07:07 PM

475 posts, read 1,644,503 times
Quote:
I hate to break it to you but a tampon is much smaller than most things that go down that pipe. If your pipes can't handle it, it isn't because a tampon was flushed, it is because the plumbing stack isn't designed properly!
Kadaka, I see you have never had to remove one from the trap. Hell, even paper towels get stuck.

Dick

Old 03-07-2010, 07:07 PM

What does a tampon do in water? It swells to enormous size and takes forever to break down, unlike any organic products which also go down there. Seriously, don't put that stuff down the toilet.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
It swells to enormous size
Noooooooooo really? Who'd a thought that's what would happen. Certainly not women who wear them! Thank god there's a man around to tell us what's what.

As pointed out above, tampons are no more the cause of problems in effluent pipes than paper towels or use of too much toilet paper or explosive....whatever.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:48 PM

That would be exactly why you don't put them down the drain. Or else thank god there is a man around to fix your stuck plumbing for you.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
The ladies are flushing their supersize with wings things!
Umm, we were talking about tampons dick. Tampons don't have wings. Don't you know anything?

If guys don't want to deal with it, then they shouldn't become building engineers. And of course, if more women were design engineers, those plumbing stacks would be designed properly to accommodate tampons, paper towels, toy cars, condoms, and everything else that gets flushed!

Old 03-08-2010, 04:03 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
Quote:
Noooooooooo really? Who'd a thought that's what would happen. Certainly not women who wear them! Thank god there's a man around to tell us what's what.

As pointed out above, tampons are no more the cause of problems in effluent pipes than paper towels or use of too much toilet paper or explosive....whatever.
Oh thank you for telling me this. I guess I only imagined pulling tampons from the toilet on the end of the toilet snake. Oh thank you thank you thank you. Our in house plumber calls them sewer rats because of the little tail (string).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment