Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2016, 08:59 AM

322 posts, read 473,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Taiwanese are a depressed, pessimistic bunch. Sorry for the negativity lol.
They also have probably one of the lowest birth-rates in the world (probably the lowest)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 09:45 AM

8,844 posts, read 8,350,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor View Post
They also have probably one of the lowest birth-rates in the world (probably the lowest)
Yeah because it's very children-unfriendly. One of the worst countries on earth to raise a family tbh.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:26 AM

10 posts, read 21,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor View Post

But Taiwan is very crowded, no space..

Old 01-13-2016, 10:59 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,545,707 times
Belgium, just flying over it got me bored, sterile perfectly rectangular fields, sterile towns. Middle America is boring as hell for those dependent on the external stimulation. Dull people shop and then eat out, or they eat out and then shop, and sprinkle that with fornication. Take away shopping and people will go mad, there is nothing else but buying increasingly subpar junk. What is even more "exciting" - the junk is virtually identical and it is sold by identical chains, albeit at somewhat different prices. Local culture, including material culture, is virtually annihilated.

Last edited by RememberMee; 01-13-2016 at 11:10 AM..

Old 01-13-2016, 12:01 PM

13,824 posts, read 29,795,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Dull people shop and then eat out, or they eat out and then shop, and sprinkle that with fornication.
Dang, you just described my life on most weekends. I hate the shopping part though. What is more interesting that I can add to my life?

I did list the United States as one of the three most boring countries I've been to.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,164 times
I don't think there is a country is the world that is nothing but pure thrill all over, wherever you go. The world is not for your entertainment or your recreation, it's for the people who live and make living in it. Your thrill and enjoyment is up to you, it's your responsibility, no one owes you anything.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:57 AM

26,918 posts, read 13,138,568 times
I am not sure how major cities are boring especially cities with numerous arts, culture, theatre, entertainment and sporting events as well as numerous other activities.

Perhaps some provincial areas are sometimes deemed less exciting but even in terms of rural areas there is usually something of unique natural or geographic interest.

I try to find something interesting wherever I go and I don't generally find new places or experiences to be boring.

There's not much on the moon but I didn't hear Neil Armstrong in his interviews saying - the moon was so boring, there was nothing to do, you couldn't even get a decent burger - LOL.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:27 AM

5,802 posts, read 11,828,699 times
I can't think of a country at large being boring, however I can testify on places I went to that were absolutely, outrageously boring :
- Madeira
- Le Chambon sur Lignon , France
- central region, France (flat,only corn fields and high voltage poles, cold, and ugly)
-Costa Del Sol (Spain) in winter
- Normandy and Brittany coasts and interior
- Bohol island , Philippines (nothing to do save see the Chocolate Hills, spent only 2 days, thought I would die of boredom the second day)

Old 06-01-2016, 10:30 AM

10,610 posts, read 15,926,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I can't think of a country at large being boring, however I can testify on places I went to that were absolutely, outrageously boring :
- Madeira
What made it so boring? Thinking about spending a part of my holiday here next august.
Landscape looks spectacular.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:42 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,510,402 times
Difficult to say which is the most boring, because I would never travel (for tourism) to a country which I perceive as boring. There are below my perceptions about each country which I visited:

1. France: I visited Paris for three times and there are still things to visit. There are also ancient castles, mountain, coastal cities, beautiful architecture, good food... definitively not boring.

2. Austria: It's somewhat like a Disneyland for those loving classical music. The country also features the beautiful alpine landscapes and wonderful architecture. For my tastes, it's the least boring country.

3. Italy: Same of France, but with a louder people.

4. Germany: The large cities may be seen as somewhat boring (although I never travelled to Berlin), but the countryside isn't, especially in the southern states. I could spend the rest of my days in some village of Bavaria.

5. Netherlands: I can only talk about Amsterdam. Beautiful city, beautiful architecture and plenty of arts, with good museums and concert halls. May be boring if we spend more than three days there.

6. Belgium: Chocolate, tapestries... that's all.

7. Switzerland: A country of wonderful landscapes with plenty of snow-topped mountains and lakes, plus an excellent food. I wouldn't say that it would be a boring country for visiting more than one week, but, like in Southern Germany, it's a place where I would like to live.

7. Britain: I can only talk about London, and for numerous reasons, it would never qualify as a boring place.

8. Argentina: It's like France, but without castles. My favourite country outside Europe.

9. Uruguay: I look it as a continuation of southern Brazil, but spanish-speaking. A cool country, but not exactly a tourism for my taste. The city of Colonia del Sacramento, in the opposite margin of Río de la Plata of Buenos Aires, is worthy of visit.

10. Paraguay: Maybe the most boring country which I visited. "Ciudad del Este" is a city for purchasing cheap and low quality goods, and the countryside has nothing special.

11. Brazil (my homeland): It's a country for those who love beaches, parties, sun and wild adventures, which is not my case. For the things which I like, I must admit that other countries do better. São Paulo, my city, has many issues but, definitively, it's not a boring city.

That said, the three most boring countries which I visited are, in order: Paraguay, Uruguay (after a huge gap) and then Belgium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World