Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:33 PM

156 posts, read 195,597 times

Advertisements

Keep in mind that Japan is expensive and highly competitive, too. Their cultural is subtle which, if you are young, can be jarring. Also, learning Japanese would be advisable. Japanese urban settings can be dense, too; it is about the size of Montana with 130 million people.

I would recommend moving to another part of the U.S. that is not super-populated, furthering your credentials and perhaps travel a bit before taking such a giant step. I visited Montreal/Quebec City/Toronto for three months in summer with my father when I was 15 and found it enthralling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 12:52 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,035,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankums View Post
Japanese urban settings can be dense, too; it is about the size of Montana with 130 million people.
Japan will only see half of that population in 2060 if they don't make it easier for immigrants to live over there.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:43 PM

109 posts, read 160,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
People are troublesome
did you know the earth is round?

that garfield likes lasagna?

Old 04-29-2012, 01:30 PM

719 posts, read 1,554,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Ya think anyone in Montreal thinks about the USA??? LOL. Just the old ones who think about their own little Canadian ghettos in Florida come Dec.
To the OP. Go to Montreal for a long weekend. It's nothing like the USA in any respect at all. I have always found the people there extremely friendly and the culture very interesting.
Immigration et Communautés Culturelles Québec - Preliminary Immigration Evaluation
It's not so easy to move to Montreal from the US.
It's not likely that an individual will be accepted who:
Needs a job
Doesn't have 4 yr degree
Doesn't speak French

I know the OP said he didn't have a 4 yr degree. I'm making an assumption saying he is not financially independent and that he does not speak French.
At any rate, the PEI link will give an individual a pretty good idea if it's viable to consider.
Bonne chance!

Last edited by BigD_JT_14221; 04-29-2012 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: Overzealous spell checker on iPad...

Old 04-29-2012, 09:40 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,443,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
What if the problems are too big for any one person to fix? It seems to me the culture here is just....unfixable. It's beyond repair. I've never liked it here. I've wasted far too much time trying to rationalize it. I've never understood it. Why not try to abandon it?
Been there for many years.
You're lucky you have no family and kids - so you can just drop it all and show the bird.
My fear though is that the world is changing ALL OVER and that there is no place left to run to.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:16 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
I don't know where you find all these troublesome people. I never encounter any troublesome people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World