Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2013, 07:58 PM

557 posts, read 673,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
*yawn* you're boring me already. Go back and read and if necessary re-read what you posted, which implied that the US Constituion was the world's first.

Failing that, seek to obtain a refund from whatever college that taught you history.
Obviously you're distracting because you have nothing to support your claims. Continue to be bored and incorrect.

You should go back and read my post as it said the US is the world's first modern democracy with the world's first written constitution and bill of rights.

I don't know why this fact pains you so much. You know you can always read fiction if you don't like facts.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by object704 View Post
I'm not alone. American Founding fathers considered the system they created non-democratic. They had lively discussions (read the Confederalist), and decided that in such big country democracy won't work - minorities (e.g. the rich) will be oppressed. Just like it later happened in Russia, which tried (but failed) to create democracy.
I'm sorry I don't undertand you. The USA is a democracy

Old 01-01-2013, 08:03 PM

122 posts, read 178,662 times
Why bother about who was #1 in anything?

There's a sarcastic saying here, used when saying something bad about the country - "but we were the first to fly to space..." It's sarcastic, because this historical fact doesn't increase life quality in any way.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:08 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
Obviously you're distracting because you have nothing to support your claims. Continue to be bored and incorrect.

You should go back and read my post as it said the US is the world's first modern democracy with the world's first written constitution and bill of rights.

I don't know why this fact pains you so much. You know you can always read fiction if you don't like facts.
Whatever you say Mr. Americaisthebestest. I tire of people like you easily. Anyone with half a brain can easily go back 2-3 pages and find your original claim. You just don't like the fact that the US Constitution wasn't the world's first. Sorry.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry I don't undertand you. The USA is a democracy
It had changed the meaning of the term. According to the traditional definition (which is now called direct democracy) - it's not a democracy at all. Only locally, in some towns.

If you wish to accept this new meaning, then you should also accept Chinese definition, and North Korean (yeah, it calls itself democratic too). Unless you consider Chinese, Koreans, and many others subhumans, unlike Americans.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:

There's a sarcastic saying here, used when saying something bad about the country - "but we were the first to fly to space..." It's sarcastic, because this historical fact doesn't increase life quality in any way.
Why are you so ready to diminish American achievements? So should we now start all rankings from #2. Russia was the first to space right? Should we ignore that and start from America's space exploration?

Old 01-01-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Why are you so ready to diminish American achievements? So should we now start all rankings from #2. Russia was the first to space right? Should we ignore that and start from America's space exploration?
Do you see Russians (or Soviets) screaming on every corner about this or some other achievement? Maybe Europeans constantly put the infinitely long list of their countries achievements?

Nope, only Americans do this. And it simply doesn't make any sense. I personally don't care about the nationalistic sense, because nationalism is bad.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Whatever you say Mr. Americaisthebestest. I tire of people like you easily. Anyone with half a brain can easily go back 2-3 pages and find your original claim. You just don't like the fact that the US Constitution wasn't the world's first. Sorry.
Ok, continue providing ZERO sources and being incorrect Dr. DespisesAmericaSoMuch

You said you were bored in your last comment but you commented again. Now you're tired...

Facts are facts here's the video again from the British historian:

The United States Created the World's First Written Constitution and Influenced the World - YouTube

Old 01-01-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
It had changed the meaning of the term. According to the traditional definition (which is now called direct democracy) - it's not a democracy at all. Only locally, in some towns.

If you wish to accept this new meaning, then you should also accept Chinese definition, and North Korean (yeah, it calls itself democratic too). Unless you consider Chinese, Koreans, and many others subhumans, unlike Americans.
I'm sorry I'm not going to bite, you'll have to find someone else to debate that issue

Old 01-01-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Do you see Russians (or Soviets) screaming on every corner about this or some other achievement? Maybe Europeans constantly put the infinitely long list of their countries achievements?
Yes I do, you just did it

Quote:
Nope, only Americans do this. And it simply doesn't make any sense. I personally don't care about the nationalistic sense, because nationalism is bad.
Every country does this, it's part of life, you to learn to deal with it. We Americans are constantly bashed for our missteps, and we deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World