Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 03:43 PM

362 posts, read 666,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabocov View Post
American education and subliminal marketing-propaganda teaches Americans that anything outside the US is not safe, not proper, not like good ol' USA. That's why all Americans you find abroad are rather strange, stray chickens affected by malaware.
Never heard that before
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 03:50 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,538,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol
we do?
You make it seem like they push these crazy assumptions about Canadian healthcare down our throat.
don't get those folks in the Politics and other Controversy forum confused with the Average American public who probably doesnt even care about politics in the first place.
My post was not meant to be about Canadian healthcare but, rather about the lies foisted upon you by your political leaders that even a four year old with a functioning keyboard could debunk in a heartbeat but you folks just swallow it whole.

All of those prescriptions your countrymen were having filled over the internet via Canadian Pharmaceutical suppliers AND by the Mexican Pharmacias just across the border with Mexico were ALL manufactured by the same companies, some of them U.S. firms. Yet; it bothered you not that your elected leaders were all sqwalling in lockstep "you cannot trust the safety of those foreign drugs" at the behest of their big pharma lobbyists giving out backhanders.

One would think after many decades of this type of bullcrap from lobby pac's like big pharma, Monsanto and the military contractors you'd eventually wise up but, nope; not gonna happen. They'll feed you bullcrap and tell you it's chocolat and you'll believe them every time.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:00 AM

91 posts, read 147,777 times
Personally..and I'm no "liberal", no leftist or "progressive" or a "commie"...but I find Tea Party's rethorics and propaganda totally deranged. I find their barrage of religion, jingoism and homegrown fascism childish, just poppycock for inbreds.

And you find a lot of people in the US, both democrats and republicans, that believe that "America is the only haven on earth, blahh, blahhh"...Even today, there's an isolationism trend that results quite maddening for non-Americans, just weird because we went through the same crap not long ago and it proved to be suicidal.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:33 AM

13 posts, read 45,244 times
Nope .. never would leave USA. Instead move to Hawaii or Alaska later in life which ofcourse both are US state.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,788,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I see A LOT of Americans vehemently complaining about their country on C-D. Is there another nation you would rather live in?
Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland, the UK.

i have an affinity for the climates of these places, as well as the urban planning and mass transit there.. particularly in smaller/mid-size towns and cities.

the problem is finding an english-speaking workplace willing to hire an american.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:28 AM

66 posts, read 88,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabocov View Post
American education and subliminal marketing-propaganda teaches Americans that anything outside the US is not safe, not proper, not like good ol' USA. That's why all Americans you find abroad are rather strange, stray chickens affected by malaware.
That is well said and the agenda is obvious. The less people leave the Island, the more they believe American propaganda of being the "The Greatest/Freest nation yadda yadda". And the more likely they are to accept diminishing quality of life. I was the same until I started to travel the world. Problem is once you are awoken, life in the USA no longer feels, tastes or looks the same. Discussing these issues with most other Americans will be pointless because they are still living in Platos Cave.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:35 AM

27,692 posts, read 28,800,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTeaDrinker2013 View Post
That is well said and the agenda is obvious. The less people leave the Island, the more they believe American propaganda of being the "The Greatest/Freest nation yadda yadda". And the more likely they are to accept diminishing quality of life. I was the same until I started to travel the world. Problem is once you are awoken, life in the USA no longer feels, tastes or looks the same. Discussing these issues with most other Americans will be pointless because they are still living in Platos Cave.
I don't get this viewpoint. I travel abroad from the U.S. regularly and it seems to me that the rest of the world is becoming more like the U.S. And the U.S. is becoming more like the rest of the world.

The differences between countries are diminishing.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:40 AM

32,178 posts, read 34,852,961 times
People should start thinking a bit more about the negatives in other countries. It's always the negatives of the United States that get compared to the positives of other countries. To make it a fair comparison, it's worthwhile to point out the negatives of other countries (if some of you even believe that other countries, particularly in Europe, have negatives).

Old 06-12-2013, 08:55 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,957,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
People should start thinking a bit more about the negatives in other countries. It's always the negatives of the United States that get compared to the positives of other countries. To make it a fair comparison, it's worthwhile to point out the negatives of other countries (if some of you even believe that other countries, particularly in Europe, have negatives).
Yep I agree with this.

Advantages & Disadvantages of Living Abroad | USA Today

My biggest problem would be the language, work, getting accustom to new ways and laws.

I would like to live in Australia, Ireland, Spain, or Italy.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:02 AM

66 posts, read 88,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don't get this viewpoint. I travel abroad from the U.S. regularly and it seems to me that the rest of the world is becoming more like the U.S. And the U.S. is becoming more like the rest of the world.

The differences between countries are diminishing.
USA foundation is built on capitalism, immigration and guns. These 3 issues will never change in the country.

Without question the USA is the place to "make money" but to live or raise a family? Short of a third World War where the rest of the globe is war torn, the USA will never rebound. It is in a downward spiral economically and culturally. It is why Europeans stopped immigrating to the USA decades ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World