Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The country with the richest culture is:
Indonesia 5 3.21%
Egypt 14 8.97%
Denmark 2 1.28%
Iran 11 7.05%
Germany 21 13.46%
Vietnam 8 5.13%
Japan 26 16.67%
Morocco 4 2.56%
Australia 1 0.64%
Israel 13 8.33%
Italy 47 30.13%
United Kingdom 41 26.28%
China 42 26.92%
South Korea 6 3.85%
Philippines 2 1.28%
Peru 3 1.92%
United States 47 30.13%
India 32 20.51%
Thailand 10 6.41%
Spain 25 16.03%
Russia 16 10.26%
Greece 18 11.54%
Netherlands 7 4.49%
Ireland 4 2.56%
Mexico 16 10.26%
France 37 23.72%
Argentina 3 1.92%
Iraq 6 3.85%
Poland 3 1.92%
Turkey 10 6.41%
Other country not listed (explain in post) 20 12.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 03:49 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
whoever voted for USA must either be american or have no knowledgle about any history. USA should not even be on the list, because it looks funny. America cant even compare their culture to a small European country, not to mention places like China or Egypt.
That (bolded), and can't see past their own flag-waving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 03:50 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,523,365 times
, there is no point in debating anything when you are biased and fail to listen to others opinions.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:51 PM

2,869 posts, read 5,141,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Most of Hip hip is wasteful garbage. How many times do I have to say this?? You really don’t know 80% to 90% of hip hop is garbage? Its mostly negative, and destructive for the world. There is too few exceptions in this genre to change my overall view for this nasty genre.

What you said just further proved what I have said for most of hip hop being more of a negative symbol and being culturally poor.

Listen to more Rock n Roll, Electronic/Trance, Foreign/Ethnic and know the superior music genres being good for the world.
Par for the course -- trying to disguise 100% opinion into 100% fact.

What's "Foreign/Ethnic"? Do The Beatles qualify?

Old 06-11-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That (bolded), and can't see past their own flag-waving.
Awe the butt hurt

Old 06-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 17 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,931,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
, there is no point in debating anything when you are biased and fail to listen to others opinions.
What is going on with this false interpretation? This is completely the other way around.

No, it is too many of the other posters in the past week failing with listening to other people’s opinions, not me. I don’t have any bias with posting and when I read people’s posts.

I always like to tell plenty of people when I agree with them and I say this plenty of times to other people, especially when they are friendly, polite, and being pleasant when posting, showing exciting, and important information for the best, most valuable topics.

Of course I won’t be like this when other people are being the opposite, and being rude or not appropriate, and I am going to defend myself and prove to them exactly how they should change an attitude problem. You are just focusing on the negativity too much.

You are very jealous for people proving to you the real symbols of cultural wealth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
Par for the course -- trying to disguise 100% opinion into 100% fact.

What's "Foreign/Ethnic"? Do The Beatles qualify?
I was saying opinions and facts simultaneously.

Are you failing to classify The Beatles into Rock n’ Roll? Lol The Beatles being foreign/ethnic music? Go to school, and learn about Rock n Roll and Foreign/Ethnic music, and come back to say more than just 2 sentences, sounding as a broken record, and falsely interrogating someone for no reason.

This is creepy you choose just to interrogate me and nobody else...

Old 06-11-2013, 04:09 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,742,557 times
Please discuss facts or ideas, not people.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
You are just focusing on the negativity too much. You are very jealous for people proving to you the real symbols of cultural wealth.
I listed some of my countries cultural contributions to the world and everyone got all butt-hurt
of all the things on the list for some reason you guys picked fast food and hollywood to talk about
there is no set definition of cultural wealth.

imo a young country like the USA to have such a great cultures and contributions to the world deserves a vote for me.

it seems to really bother people everytime someone brings up the United States in a thread.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 17 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,931,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I listed some of my countries cultural contributions to the world and everyone got all butt-hurt
of all the things on the list for some reason you guys picked fast food and hollywood to talk about
there is no set definition of cultural wealth.

imoaa young country like the USA to have such a great cultures and contributions to the world deserves a vote for me.

it seems to really bother people everytimme someone brings up the United States in a thread.

There is a set definition for cultural wealth. This is based on facts, and opinions, including for objective and subjective standards for cultural wealth.

The post you are referring to was just too much about USA. Its fine if you said it while also saying all of the countries all over the world you view being culturally rich, and the specific reasons+list for all of these countries, not just USA. Your list for USA also shows this country being a bipolar paradox, sometimes near contradiction, and having an even mix of being culturally rich and culturally poor, including for symbols.

However, at least you said in an earlier post you also voted for China, and UK in the poll for being the most culturally wealthy countries based on your view with USA.

I view plenty of countries being very culturally wealthy and a balanced variety of options to select from for the cultural experience. The list is in random order and exact order: Thailand, India, Singapore, Taiwan, China, Vietnam, France, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Italy, Spain, Argentina, UK, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Japan, USA, South Korea, Indonesia, Philippines, Turkey, Morocco, Cambodia, Malaysia, Fiji, Bhutan

What is your view for all of the countries I said in the important list in my opinion? I voted for all of those countries in the poll.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:33 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
OK, so far, China won, Italy came in 2nd. Why are we still quibbling about the US?

Old 06-11-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I view plenty of countries being very culturally wealthy and a balanced variety of options to select from for the cultural experience. The list is in random order and exact order: Thailand, India, Singapore, Taiwan, China, Vietnam, France, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Italy, Spain, Argentina, UK, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Japan, USA, South Korea, Indonesia, Philippines, Turkey, Morocco, Cambodia, Malaysia, Fiji, Bhutan
Pretty good.
especially Sweden, they gave the world Minecraft and Ikea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World