Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2014, 06:35 PM

803 posts, read 1,668,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I don't hate America, but I can't stand a large majority of them. For a developed country, there are a hell of a lot of gun loving, bible loving right wing nut heads.

I agree. There are, but that particular demographic is the vocal minority that controls the debate in American politics.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:29 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm in a debate on another thread.
An American is saying that all Canadian resources belong to the US. That the US just lets Canadians think that we own them, but they really belong to the US. All the gold, lumber, fresh water and minerals.
Sorry i don't understand the correlation between this ^

and this.

Quote:
It's kind of hard to feel magnanimous towards the US when they say crap like that.
What does feeling magnanimous towards the US have to do with a random internet debate you are having?

Old 10-16-2014, 09:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Sorry i don't understand the correlation between this ^

and this.

What does feeling magnanimous towards the US have to do with a random internet debate you are having?
I'm sorry you're having trouble connecting the dots. As I said before, this isn't my first encounter with people like that.
"If we want anything in Canada, we'll just come up and take it"
"Hell, if we want Canada, we'll just take it."
"We're not worried about running out of fresh water. Canada has plenty. We'll just take it. Who's going to stop us? Your Salvation Army?"

And inevitably, the same people want us to kiss their rings because their military is "protecting us."

Old 10-16-2014, 09:34 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,123,105 times
Not America, but american external policy.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:18 AM

165 posts, read 189,789 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you're having trouble connecting the dots. As I said before, this isn't my first encounter with people like that.
"If we want anything in Canada, we'll just come up and take it"
"Hell, if we want Canada, we'll just take it."
"We're not worried about running out of fresh water. Canada has plenty. We'll just take it. Who's going to stop us? Your Salvation Army?"

And inevitably, the same people want us to kiss their rings because their military is "protecting us."
Some Canadians do the same thing just in different, but just as vile ways. There are some people on CD that just have to have a go at someone for whatever reason. I sure wouldn't waste my time being upset by something a user with the name 'pull my finger' wrote. I think the name is self explanatory.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:56 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,872,840 times
Quote:
I'm in a debate on another thread.
An American is saying that all Canadian resources belong to the US. That the US just lets Canadians think that we own them, but they really belong to the US. All the gold, lumber, fresh water and minerals.
It's kind of hard to feel magnanimous towards the US when they say crap like that.
Well, I'm an American, and I don't agree with them at all; I think they're talking out of the wrong hole.

Don't get sucked into the trap of blaming a whole nation for one, or a few, persons' idiocy.

Here in China, the two worst people I've had to deal with are Australian. And when I say worst, I mean, these are two of the absolute worst human beings I've ever encountered. Lying, backstabbing, womanizing, sexual-harassing, gossiping pieces of trash wrapped in skin. I don't blame Australia for it at all; I've met, and know, far too many great Australians to let these two knuckleheads drag down my opinion of the whole land.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:13 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Well, I'm an American, and I don't agree with them at all; I think they're talking out of the wrong hole.

Don't get sucked into the trap of blaming a whole nation for one, or a few, persons' idiocy.

Here in China, the two worst people I've had to deal with are Australian. And when I say worst, I mean, these are two of the absolute worst human beings I've ever encountered. Lying, backstabbing, womanizing, sexual-harassing, gossiping pieces of trash wrapped in skin. I don't blame Australia for it at all; I've met, and know, far too many great Australians to let these two knuckleheads drag down my opinion of the whole land.
I'm not blaming a whole nation. I lived in the US and met some very nice people.
All I'm saying is that some people really live up to the stereotype.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:11 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Either that, or they fit the "arrogant, ugly American" stereotype.
It's not my first ride on this particular merry-go-round. It usually boils down to their army kicking our ass, so if they want something, they'll just take it.

(It's usually the same people who say we should be grateful their army is protecting us. It's them we need protection from. Lol!)
Some people are simply immature maybe you try learn to recognize this and don't engage.

Btw, people who believe in stereotypes are intellectually lazy judgemental jerks.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:25 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,935,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Some people are simply immature maybe you try learn to recognize this and don't engage.

Btw, people who believe in stereotypes are intellectually lazy judgemental jerks.
Maybe, but anyway stereotypes about Americans or the country as a whole are for about 80 - 90% true. For example, what they say about people from the Southern states, people from trailer parks, the standard of dental care in those places, their level of education or lack thereof, their choice of vehicular transportation, their superficial friendliness, etc. I like stereotypes, they make my life much easier.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:48 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Maybe, but anyway stereotypes about Americans or the country as a whole are for about 80 - 90% true. For example, what they say about people from the Southern states, people from trailer parks, the standard of dental care in those places, their level of education or lack thereof, their choice of vehicular transportation, their superficial friendliness, etc. I like stereotypes, they make my life much easier.
LOL!

I rest my case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World