Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2014, 10:42 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,388,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Where I am, almost half the license plates say Baja California LOL
Mexicans?

Old 10-20-2014, 01:00 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,935,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It's jealousy for the Europeans. The Arabs have a legit beef with us because we have supported Israel. Asians don't hate USA for the most part. S. Americans don't hate us but they are partly jealous and think we are overly materialistic.
I'm sure many Europeans will be jealous of your working hours, numbers of holidays, employee rights, retirement plans, high quality and affordable health-care, high quality education system, infrastructure, broadband speeds, cell phone reception ...

The one things Europeans may actually be jealous of are the McMansions. Only those of us who actually lived there know that those are poorly isolated, poorly build Americans build quality and that's why they are cheaper than houses of the same size in Europe.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:07 PM

91 posts, read 117,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
I'm sure many Europeans will be jealous of your working hours, numbers of holidays, employee rights, retirement plans, high quality and affordable health-care, high quality education system, infrastructure, broadband speeds, cell phone reception ...

The one things Europeans may actually be jealous of are the McMansions. Only those of us who actually lived there know that those are poorly isolated, poorly build Americans build quality and that's why they are cheaper than houses of the same size in Europe.
How astonishing, drro is making a bash the USA post.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:21 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,403,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Mexicans?
yep, many live there but work and shop here. Two of my bosses and three of my co-workers live there.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:26 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,348,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranje1 View Post
How astonishing, drro is making a bash the USA post.
Considering the post he replied to, the response was appropriate. He's mostly overdoing it, though, you are right.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:12 PM

125 posts, read 163,548 times
ESTA is not a good reason to hate anyone.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:03 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,841,280 times
I am colombian and I like America!!!

Old 10-20-2014, 07:05 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,283,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post

Your stereotyping accusations don't hold water. Examples yes... but not in most of the US. Though we do not build today to last centuries. But plenty of our housing could. Most big cities have strict building codes and suburban areas. By McMansions you mean single family homes for the masses became the American standard. The US is still sought after for visas. What it gave to the world sure is noteworthy and after all??
We are the result of mostly European immigration to here. Minnesota can be called little Scandinavia.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:51 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,403,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
Your stereotyping accusations don't hold water. Examples yes... but not in most of the US. Though we do not build today to last centuries. But plenty of our housing could. Most big cities have strict building codes and suburban areas. By McMansions you mean single family homes for the masses became the American standard. The US is still sought after for visas. What it gave to the world sure is noteworthy and after all??
We are the result of mostly European immigration to here. Minnesota can be called little Scandinavia.
True although within that, Minneapolis has a little Mogadishu.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:27 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
True although within that, Minneapolis has a little Mogadishu.
No it doesn't, we don't have those little segergated neighborhoods (chinatowns, little italy's, etc..) like the rest of the country.

We have African markets, next to Vietnamese restaurants, with Mexican food trucks parked around the corner next to a McDonalds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World