Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 03:10 PM

225 posts, read 1,075,573 times

Advertisements

For me the three places would be:

1 - Western Germany, around the Aachen and Cologne areas.
2 - The Philippines - (if life there was a little more stable and not so corrupt)
3 - Brazil (for the warm weather and beautiful scenary and friendly people)

I know I would miss the USA terribly but I worry so much now with the direction this country seems to be heading into at a very fast rate. We all seem to be working much harder, not getting far with that, and major companies are laying off hundreds of workers each year. We've lost our values on so many things. Not sure if it would be any better anywhere else, could be the same old problems just in a different place but I would still love to live at any of these places for awhile if nothing else than for the experience of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 03:18 PM

54 posts, read 200,898 times
Toronto or the Virgin Islands.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:46 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Someplace in the Alps would be great. I can just smell the fresh air now.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:27 PM

14 posts, read 73,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Ok I believe you. But you would have a very very very hard time convincing anyone here to go down there to live. Especially if they are older and need health care. I would not live there for free rent and total free cost of living.

Hard time uh?. Well, there are over a million expats living in Mexico, look around Merida in the yucatan, Miguel Allende in Guanajuato, Cuernavaca Morelos etc. There are even websites dedicated to these places which make your move even easier. As for health insurance, why not keep the one you have in the States, after all you are a short trip away for any treatment you might need. But I agree with you in one thing, there are places where I would not live either, one of them is England.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:26 AM

50 posts, read 45,067 times
Not sure, i want somewhere that gun laws are not strict as hell, i wanna be able to own and use a handgun without going to jail, i want to be able to think for my self so that knocks out a few european countries and canada. its gotta be somewhere that speaks some english until i can learn the new language. hm maybe australia? iceland maybe...the wife would never leave so i dunno why i am even considering it lol.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:36 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,074,480 times
If i were to leave the USA, i would want to live in Canada, Australia, or Dubai. I don't think i would want to live full time in Dubai though, because i'm not too keen on the area of the world it's in. However, it would be nice to have a vacation home there.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:51 PM

14 posts, read 50,714 times
australia cuz my dream girl is there!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:42 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 998,977 times
Montevideo, Buenos Aires or somewhere in Belize or Spain.
There are some very appealing places in Mexico, however, I've come to appreciate a more European influenced culture.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:47 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 998,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLoki View Post
Not sure, i want somewhere that gun laws are not strict as hell, i wanna be able to own and use a handgun without going to jail,
Not too many places left like that. A couple in Scandinavia, Argentina used to be pretty good with gun laws but they're getting tougher.
Switzerland, of course...

Places like France and Italy aren't quite as restricted as the NRA makes them out to be, but if gun ownership is a big priority and you come from the US, they're definitely a world away from here.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:00 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
Montevideo, Buenos Aires or somewhere in Belize or Spain.
There are some very appealing places in Mexico, however, I've come to appreciate a more European influenced culture.
Uruguay is supposed to be a good and relatively undiscovered locale.

Same with Chile.

You could buy a little finca(farm) down there,grow some grapes and live a nice little life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World