Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Japan vs Italy ( east Asia vs europe)
Japan 31 52.54%
Italy 28 47.46%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 04:19 AM

65 posts, read 99,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I wouldn't call Bangladesh and Cambodia underdeveloped. Poor infrastructure eyes but not underdeveloped that gives me ideas of farms and huts.
Bangladesh is one of the poorest place on earth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 04:24 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybearlover View Post
Bangladesh is one of the poorest place on earth
The ''poorest'' Countries are all in Africa. Its probably a toss up between Zambia, Zimbabwe, Somalia, DR Congo etc...

Old 03-01-2015, 04:58 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times
Quote:
The ''poorest'' Countries are all in Africa. Its probably a toss up between Zambia, Zimbabwe, Somalia, DR Congo etc...
Bangladesh is as poor as those African nations.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:05 AM

228 posts, read 367,586 times
I prefer Japan

Old 03-01-2015, 10:01 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,273,729 times
I much prefer Italy.

Tuscany
Venice
Florence
Rome
Lake Como
Italian Alps
Sardinia
Capri
Amalfi Coast
List goes on and on....

Japan doesn't interest me in the slightest. No desire to visit there at all.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:59 PM

37,153 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Bangladesh is as poor as those African nations.
Here's the HDI rankings.

Bangladesh, score-wise, is substantially higher than several African countries. Of the ones P London listed, only Zambia is doing (barely) better than Bangladesh. Somalia isn't listed this year because it's so screwed they can't really run a report.

The report also has Japan doing somewhat better than Italy, but both doing fairly well by this measurement.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Here's the HDI rankings.

Bangladesh, score-wise, is substantially higher than several African countries. Of the ones P London listed, only Zambia is doing (barely) better than Bangladesh. Somalia isn't listed this year because it's so screwed they can't really run a report.

The report also has Japan doing somewhat better than Italy, but both doing fairly well by this measurement.
I meant they are more or less in the same league, that's all.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:32 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,925 times
Quote:
I meant they are more or less in the same league, that's all.

What's interesting about this report is the fact that no country besides the US has more than 100 million in the top 10. Also, how is South Korea ahead of Japan? I've lived in both countries and that raises an eyebrow. Matter of fact, Japan at 17 raises an eyebrow.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
What's interesting about this report is the fact that no country besides the US has more than 100 million in the top 10. Also, how is South Korea ahead of Japan? I've lived in both countries and that raises an eyebrow. Matter of fact, Japan at 17 raises an eyebrow.
Because they measure useless bs such as years of schooling instead of the quality of education, that's probably why countries like Finland, France, and Austria are ranked lower than Singapore, Korea, and Hong Kong.

They also measure PPP per capita and don't take inequality into account, which is why the US is always on top.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:41 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,925 times
Quote:
Because they measure useless bs such as years of schooling instead of the quality of education, that's probably why countries like Finland, France, and Austria are ranked lower than Singapore, Korea, and Hong Kong.

They also measure PPP per capita and don't take inequality into account, which is why the US is always on top.

What makes you think the quality of education of those European countries are greater than those Asian Countries? I was always under the impression that the Asian countries have the toughest curriculum in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World