Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2015, 08:32 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
People can only move on once history's ills is cured.
And how would you do that?

Old 03-04-2015, 08:34 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,285 times
bigpaul.... most issues we're dealing with today, are direct results of the **** ups of countries like the UK in the past

that is the problem

Old 03-04-2015, 08:35 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,603,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
bigpaul.... most issues we're dealing with today, are direct results of the **** ups of countries like the UK in the past

that is the problem
got a magic wand have you? the past is the past, move on. hell, the first Crusades were in the 11th century, are you going to hold me and my generation responsible for that too? just how long do we have to keep apologising for something that happened hundreds of years ago? over which neither I or you had any control. get a life.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
History is made by the winners. you want to be a winner or a loser?
History is continuous and its constantly written and altered.... there are not any winners or losers; just ups and downs.... you're on top of me today, tomorrow is my turn to be on top of you

that is the cycle of evolution!

Old 03-04-2015, 08:37 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
History is made by the winners. you want to be a winner or a loser?
What is that suppose to mean?

Old 03-04-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
got a magic wand have you? the past is the past, move on.
love is not about moving on

look at the never-ending issue between israel and palestine.... who do you think caused all that mess?

that is the POINT.... we need to learn about the past so we dont continue messing up!

Old 03-04-2015, 08:40 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
And how would you do that?
Well I've joined an activist group and volunteer in a community centre to help people who are subject to Racism, homophobia and other forms of discrimination.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:45 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
History is continuous and its constantly written and altered.... there are not any winners or losers; just ups and downs.... you're on top of me today, tomorrow is my turn to be on top of you

that is the cycle of evolution!
I guess you're not bothered by the terrible history your country has been and is currently writing then?

Tomorrow; which countries do you think will have the RIGHT to be on top of you?

Any at all?

You are not discussing history in an unprejudiced and relevant fashion; you're merely using it as a cudgel while lambasting your favourite victim. Ergo: bullying while berating those you accuse of past bullying.

Last edited by BruSan; 03-04-2015 at 09:12 AM..

Old 03-04-2015, 08:48 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Well I've joined an activist group and volunteer in a community centre to help people who are subject to Racism, homophobia and other forms of discrimination.
Oh; so all of that angst you're accusatorily expressing over other countries and their past behaviour comes down to your portion being absolved through community service?

That's convenient.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:20 AM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
1. Apartheid in South Africa was initially institutionalized by the British.

2. Caused the Irish potato famine.

3. Along with France, Portugal and Spain, one of the nations that participated in slave trade.

4. The destruction of Africa along with the French by creating artificial countries and dividing ethnic groups all over the place, no wonder there is so much civil chaos in Africa!!

5. The creation of Israel

6. Partition of India creating the diplomatic tension of today between India and Pakistan

7. Funding genocide in Australia

8. Funding genocide in the Americas

9. even today crying foul because the world cup went to Russia, asking everyone to boycott it because of russian invasion of Crimea trying to politicize FIFA, the nerve the Uk has when they have troops in the middle east as we speak!!!

10. Funding wars all over the world in order to sell arms

etc. etc. etc.

Britain today is turning irrelevant and its only hope to have a say in world affairs is to hang onto the tail of America... being america's minion , that doesnt mean in their day they were good doers!
Hon, it's called "G.O.D."
He is the one who gives lands and priorities to certain groups of people over the other ones.
He is the one who gives ( and takes away) lands. ( Oh, and he is by the way the one who decides to wipe out certain groups of people as well, using the hand of other people.)
You can stomp your feet in indignation, scream all you want, but that's his decisions and he has his own reasons for that.) Read the Old testament. That's basically what it's all about. A system of things set in place, whether we like it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World