Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 05:37 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,818,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
This doesn't surprise me about Italy. Last time I was there visiting friends we were talking about public versus private programs. I said that I thought private industry is generally more efficient, not necessarily better, but more efficient than government. I was looked at like I was a crazy person.
Public industry can be just as efficient. If several think differently from you chances are you may be the one who is wrong. I think it was only clash of two cultures and different ways of making politics

We can't find an agreement for that very same reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
It is interesting, but not surprising, that Obama is well liked in Europe since from a distance he is quite agreeable and even charismatic. Spend some time closer up and he is an arrogant narccisist who is a failure of a president. Really just a marginal student coasting on acting cool.

And this is coming from someone who supported him at one time and thinks the Republicans are a band of contemptible ass-clowns.

Trump is absolutely unreasonable and has a borderline personality even worse than Obama. Hillary is no better and maybe even worse. She has the temprement of a serial killer. At least you will hear Trump panting and raving as he comes to kill you in the dark. Hillary will just put a little rat poison in your coffee every day until you die. Her dead smile immovable.

I don't see the world's view of American government improving over the next 5 years minimum.

Then again, most European governments and politicians are nothing to crow about either.
I still view Obama's internal policies positively. He tried to move towards more of a welfare state but kept being blocked by the Republican held congress lately

I don't have the best impression of Hillary. Your hyperbole to describe her seems spot on.
As for European politicians which ones do you admire the most?

Old 12-08-2015, 05:57 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,818,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I am a Democrat who would vote Trump over Hillary. I hope Trump and Hillary both lose their nominations. I want a Rubio vs Bernie Sanders election. Bernie will not get past Hillary but he would have my vote.
Same here but with Bush instead of Rubio. Jeb is the only half serious Republican candidate. Probably the only one who has a decent chance of winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
once again he is gaining international support from even Denmark (super liberal peace loving capital)
The Danish freedom Party recently endorsed him
It's worth zilch when the Freedom Party represents a really small population. Even most far right parties all over Europe haven't supported Trump and his policies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcasey98 View Post
To be honest, if I was him, I would've taken it a step further and banned all these arrogant Europeans and Australians, just so I could finally stop hearing about how much better they are than us.

Everyone knows Europeans love to pretend America is the worst at everything. Yet we mysteriously land at #3 on standard of living rankings, #1 in overall wealth, and even rank high in immaterial, subjective polls. You Brits consistently vote us the most attractive people on earth.

Americans are 'most attractive' people in the world, poll finds - Telegraph

We're also the 2nd most technologically advanced society in the world, with an army advanced and powerful enough to wipe that dirt filled, arrogant continent off the face of the planet. And yet we're just the worst country ever.

The hateful "the rest of the world + Mars does every. single. thing better than the USA" rhetoric just shows how loud you guys in Europe must scream to even be acknowledged by us. You obviously really care what we think of you guys. We don't.

With terrorist attacks in Paris, an uncontrolled immigrant population, and a violent crime rate higher than the USA, (not to mention horrendously ugly people,) Europe seems like a poverty-ridden hellhole that I do not want to be a part of. Britain alone seems like a dystopian cesspool.
Yeah blah blah blah whatever

Too bad your country wouldn't be the one you if it wasn't for those filthy wannabe Brits and Continental European. I'm sure we would all love to watch Fox News, own a gun just fir the sake of it, have no healthcare if we lose our job, have Trump, Bush and Reagan as our presidents, ecc.

Old 12-08-2015, 06:33 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,479,261 times
I find people falling for Trump's crap hilarious yet scary, Trump is not even serious and does not even believe the things he says, he is just trying to stay in the news. Trump is like the Kim Kardashian of politics, you can only stay relevant by doing outrageous things these days.

Old 12-08-2015, 06:56 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,562,463 times
hmm

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/s...82560184201216

Old 12-08-2015, 07:53 PM

367 posts, read 409,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryever View Post
He's entertaining and that's why many Americans like him. Everything in the US is about entertainment, even politics. Trump is fun to listen to, no doubt.

Now I think he is a very dangerous man for the US and the world. He could be responsible for the next world war, and I'm not kidding. He always tries to find simple and extreme solutions to issues and that kind of mindset leads eventually to war.

I don't know how likely he is to be elected. Probably too soon to tell. I understand why certain Americans like him, he gives simple solutions to everything. But that's how you recognize a dangerous man. Hitler also had simple solutions to Germans' problems in the 30s.

Trump is egocentric and despises the media. He's trying to appeal to the most simple-minded Americans.
His propositions against muslims are against the US constitution and he will not be able to pass such laws anyway.
Danger Will Robinson. Careful what you say here.

A number of people are pointing out that there is a lot more going on with Teflon Don than is immediately evident.

Last edited by MarineBlue; 12-08-2015 at 08:30 PM..

Old 12-08-2015, 08:34 PM

439 posts, read 522,691 times
Oh lord. If Trump wins all hell is going to break loose. I don´t even want to imagine it. Trump is a bigot, selfish, arrogant SOB, who cares for nobody, but himself. On the other hand, Obama is not bad at all, I don´t think he is hated around the world.

Old 12-09-2015, 01:20 AM

1,890 posts, read 1,326,579 times
I think he'll make a good president. He loves his country, is business savvy, competent, understands the salient issues and offers practical solutions.

The furore around him is a reflection of a deluded culture that has, for all intents and purposes, become disconnected from reality, in which the fringe mentality has become the norm and the norm is being slowly displaced to the periphery.

To a degree this is understandable when all the freaks, misfits, hippies and druggies who were questioning all authority and wasting oxygen in the 1960s and 1970s are the ones in the corridors of power today.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:54 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,030,536 times
Quote:
To be honest, if I was him, I would've taken it a step further and banned all these arrogant Europeans and Australians, just so I could finally stop hearing about how much better they are than us.

Everyone knows Europeans love to pretend America is the worst at everything. Yet we mysteriously land at #3 on standard of living rankings, #1 in overall wealth, and even rank high in immaterial, subjective polls. You Brits consistently vote us the most attractive people on earth.

We're also the 2nd most technologically advanced society in the world, with an army advanced and powerful enough to wipe that dirt filled, arrogant continent off the face of the planet. And yet we're just the worst country ever.

The hateful "the rest of the world + Mars does every. single. thing better than the USA" rhetoric just shows how loud you guys in Europe must scream to even be acknowledged by us. You obviously really care what we think of you guys. We don't.

With terrorist attacks in Paris, an uncontrolled immigrant population, and a violent crime rate higher than the USA, (not to mention horrendously ugly people,) Europe seems like a poverty-ridden hellhole that I do not want to be a part of. Britain alone seems like a dystopian cesspool.
Lol what? I am not British/Australian but that's just a hateful message 0_0. Yes, I'm from a small "eastern european hellhole" the way you would describe my country but tell me why should I have respect for your "great country" if hateful trolls like yourself live there?

Old 12-09-2015, 05:23 AM

182 posts, read 165,700 times
Quote:

Firstly the US ranks high in many sectors obesity, inequality and how corrupt your government is. The US is one of the worst criminals in the world; invading Countries and then pretending like nothing happened.

Everyone knows how Americans idealise Europe lets me honest here most Americans are obsessed with France, England, Ireland and probably Germany, too. Everyone knows Europe is sophisticated with its history, different languages cramped into one space and lets not forget the great city of London"

That poll is rubbish and subjective people are probably basing attractiveness on what they see on American TV programmes that's shown in the UK, everyone knows Brazilians are the most sexist people in the world.

If you want to know what dystopia looks like you should go to the many ''ghettoes'' you have there in the good old US of A. Infact you could just look outside your American window!

Old 12-09-2015, 06:23 AM

8,871 posts, read 8,461,053 times
Quote:

Lol @ the bitterness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World