Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 09:56 AM
SE9

219 posts, read 348,630 times

Advertisements

Being of Atlanta and London, I could discuss trap and grime music all day!

A shame that the OP found London underwhelming. I'm well travelled and I continue to find it dynamic, exhilarating and stimulating. Each person is different though, which of course is a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 10:43 AM

19 posts, read 18,109 times
London is underwhelming, especially when you consider its size, diversity and wealth..... it could be better

Old 06-09-2016, 12:45 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irene-69 View Post
London is underwhelming, especially when you consider its size, diversity and wealth..... it could be better
You keep saying this but fail to tell us WHY its underwhelming? I don't think you can, London has just about anything its possible to have in a city, I fail to see how it can 'underwhelm' exactly?

Old 06-09-2016, 04:09 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,247,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You keep saying this but fail to tell us WHY its underwhelming? I don't think you can, London has just about anything its possible to have in a city, I fail to see how it can 'underwhelm' exactly?
Because she only spend five days in London for work, went to some snobby cocktail bar with her colleagues and visited Brixton for a few hours she deems herself an expert. It's fine if people find London isn't for them but her constant bashing based on such a limited experience is nothing more than trolling or maybe she has some mental issues? How she's able to keep creating accounts is baffling but no matter how many times she attempts to disguise herself on here with a variety of names, she can't disguise the BS she constantly posts. I notice she is now "not a member"!

Last edited by pbobcat; 06-09-2016 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: Noticed she's been banned again!

Old 06-10-2016, 01:03 AM
FBF

601 posts, read 932,944 times
There is more racial diversity in the London tube then NYC subway.....and museums are generally free!

Other than that....meh!

I prefer Paris and Vienna than either of those two hell holes (never had good experiences in NYC or London despite speaking the language).

Old 06-10-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
There is more racial diversity in the London tube then NYC subway.....and museums are generally free!

Other than that....meh!

I prefer Paris and Vienna than either of those two hell holes (never had good experiences in NYC or London despite speaking the language).
Why 'hell holes' exactly? That might be a term I would use for cities in Syria (perhaps) but I am struggling to think what could be so 'hellish' about New York or London? What did Vienna offer that New York didn't?

Old 06-10-2016, 07:15 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Why 'hell holes' exactly? That might be a term I would use for cities in Syria (perhaps) but I am struggling to think what could be so 'hellish' about New York or London? What did Vienna offer that New York didn't?
To be fair Vienna has some nice cake shops.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
To be fair Vienna has some nice cake shops.
I've never been but I imagine that Vienna is a wonderful city, I would like to know why it was preferred over New York though? It must 'have' something New York lacks?

Old 06-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
I've never been but I imagine that Vienna is a wonderful city, I would like to know why it was preferred over New York though? It must 'have' something New York lacks?
80's band Ultravox wrote a song about Vienna but never wrote one about New York, so perhaps that's what's lacking.

Although this means nothing to me.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:37 AM

63 posts, read 61,760 times
You know I find it odd that native NYC residents always talk about how the city is the greatest in the world and "if you can make it here then you can make it anywhere", yet they always compare NYC to other cities (which is a big sign of insecurities about the place you live in, kind of like how an insecure girlfriend will question her boyfriend "are you cheating on me?") and whine like a bunch of babies when they move to other cities because they aren't as "interesting". That toughened persona seems to fade away when they leave their nest, huh.

Anyway London may be underwhelming, but I find NYC to be overwhelming. Which isn't any better than a place being underwhelming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World