Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 06:43 AM

602 posts, read 496,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Seems like we won't have WW3 now as the softheaded supporters of Hillary had wished for.
Nope, but your country might become a suburb of St. Petersburg. The new Secretary of State 'Newt Gingrich' pretty much just gave Putin the greenlight to take Estonia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 06:43 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Americans chose their President in a Democratic Election, as for my opinion in terms of US Domestic Policy that's an American issue, as for Foreign Policy he has stated that he is willing to form a workable relationship with Putin, and will now hopefully force all NATO Countries to meet the required 2% GDP minimum Defence Spending.

I wish Trump and the US well.

I was never a Clinton fan, and fully accept the democratic decision of the American people.

Last edited by Brave New World; 11-09-2016 at 08:06 AM..

Old 11-09-2016, 06:46 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I think it's time to start our own nuclear programme.
A Nordic nuclear program sounds like good idea.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:49 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
But now when the Mexicans and other low-wage workers are thrown out, who is gonna build that wall? Stock brokers, journalists and firemen?

A job opportunity for Estonians?
More like a chance for the Finnish social parasite freeloaders to get some hand-on working experience while Estonians keep the state of Finland running.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:56 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,497 times
I think it's hilarious. I don't think it will have much of a negative effect upon me as I am a British citizen.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:16 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,660 times
It's a surreal feeling, and I'm unsure what to expect out of a US lead by President Trump. The campaign as a whole was a farce and the fact that this system churned out such deeply flawed candidates is a sign of a country in decline. I know it is only a hypothetical but a candidate like Bernie Sanders would probably have won this election and provided a more positive and constructive direction for the US to head towards.

It seems to me that Trumps's election is a reflection of an arrogant political establishment, almost completely detached from a large part of the electorate that is desperate for anything other than the status quo.

The US, and many other countries, should ban private donations to electoral campaigns. It is a corrupting influence on government that leads to situations such as the current election. Additionally rather than deriding people as "rednecks" or "deplorables" or some other put down people need to start listening to each other and working together to lift all people and put a stop to this need to divert to divisive politics.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:00 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
It's a surreal feeling, and I'm unsure what to expect out of a US lead by President Trump. The campaign as a whole was a farce and the fact that this system churned out such deeply flawed candidates is a sign of a country in decline. I know it is only a hypothetical but a candidate like Bernie Sanders would probably have won this election and provided a more positive and constructive direction for the US to head towards.

It seems to me that Trumps's election is a reflection of an arrogant political establishment, almost completely detached from a large part of the electorate that is desperate for anything other than the status quo.

The US, and many other countries, should ban private donations to electoral campaigns. It is a corrupting influence on government that leads to situations such as the current election. Additionally rather than deriding people as "rednecks" or "deplorables" or some other put down people need to start listening to each other and working together to lift all people and put a stop to this need to divert to divisive politics.
Trump is many things, but he is not part of the political establishment or a product of large campaign contributions. His rise was one of anger toward the status quo and the political elites. I'm not a supporter of his nor do I think he will be successful, but make no mistake about how he got to where he is; people are PO'ed at the system.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:00 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
I live in the USA currently but I am NOT a us citizen. I am on L2 visa as my husband is an expatriate. I don't care if Trump wins but I DO care that That Hillary DOES NOT win.

Reason? I am an Asian. I know how hard Asian students work on their academics. The SCA 5 is totally a racial quota. Our kids no matter Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Indian, were not born to be good at academics but they, with the help of their parents, work their tail off to get what they want.

If you can not get what you want, it simply means you are not working hard enough!
I am surprised at your attitude after all of Donald Trump's racist comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I live in Australia and happy with the result. Examples are while she was in government, Obama was opposed to the intervention in Libya but HIlary was firmly supportive of it, and now the country is a failed state with ISIS opperating there. Also under HIlary, under her proposal Syria will have no fly zone and that will cause much more confrontation with Russia. Also trade was greatly expanded with Saudi Arabia under Hilary permission even though Saudi Arabia and Qatar was discretely funding ISIS. There are other examples and this shows that she is not to be trusted as commander in chief.
I assume you know that Donald Trump does have business ties with Saudi Arabia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post

Yes, I don't think anyone knows really what to expect of the future President Trump. He is like a wild card and we just have to wait and see!

Old 11-09-2016, 08:15 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Trump is many things, but he is not part of the political establishment or a product of large campaign contributions. His rise was one of anger toward the status quo and the political elites. I'm not a supporter of his nor do I think he will be successful, but make no mistake about how he got to where he is; people are PO'ed at the system.
I agree with this and that's what I intended to get across with my post. I'm not suggesting he is or was part of the establishment politically, rather his election was more by default as the anti-establishment candidate.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:21 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times
I think this election (not just the winning of Trump, but the whole run) has proved that more than 200 years of democratic practice gets you absolutely nowhere and that the quality of American democracy is about as laughable as ex-dictatorships, probably even worse.

Along with Brexit, it has also proved how true the quote "the only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history" is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World