Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 06:44 AM

1,147 posts, read 718,489 times

Advertisements

Who are the world's best and worst dressers?

There are stylish and fashionable people in most countries, but the average in some is higher than in others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 10:29 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,663 times
It's really a matter of economic conditions.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:04 PM

412 posts, read 509,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
It's really a matter of economic conditions.
Not really. So for the sake of argument I am only going to include people from first world countries.

I would say the best dressed people include:

Japan
South Korea
Sweden
Italy

Worst dressed:

USA
Canada
Denmark

Old 11-28-2016, 01:23 AM

1,147 posts, read 718,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVanderbilt View Post
Not really. So for the sake of argument I am only going to include people from first world countries.

I would say the best dressed people include:

Japan
South Korea
Sweden
Italy

Worst dressed:

USA
Canada
Denmark
Interesting because Sweden and Denmark are both Scandinavian countries. How (and why) do Danes dress worse, in your opinion?

Old 11-28-2016, 07:15 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
Overdressed : the French, Germans, British, Belgians, Swiss, Austrians, Poles and Italians
Just about right : the Spanish, Russians, the rest of Eastern Europe, and Scandinaians
Underdressed (sloppy) : USA, CND

Old 11-28-2016, 08:12 AM

412 posts, read 509,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
Interesting because Sweden and Denmark are both Scandinavian countries. How (and why) do Danes dress worse, in your opinion?
You'll notice a huge difference when entering/leaving either country for the other. I don't know why but Danes are (and have always been) very sloppy dressers. Maybe that's changing though. But you will also see them wearing a lot of different styles, where as the Swedes usually conform to one or two single styles. You won't ever see people wearing an Adidas track suit or something in Sweden, but you'll see it in Denmark.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:54 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
You won't ever see people wearing an Adidas track suit or something in Sweden, but you'll see it in Denmark.
to Denmark!

Old 11-28-2016, 10:09 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,331,625 times
Quote:
You won't ever see people wearing an Adidas track suit or something in Sweden, but you'll see it in Denmark.
You have apparently never visited the swedish countryside.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:21 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,293,418 times
Italians are usually flashier than French people.

I would not say either is better dressed than the other, but in France people are usually a lot tamer-looking and it is kinda considered immature to wear a hoodie and sneakers (for guys) if you are past, say, 27 years old, whereas you should wear derby shoes with a leather jacket and a scarf, complete with a button-up shirt like every normal adult should do once they're finished with grad school.

In Italy, it is much more common to see older guys dressed as younger men with brand new sneakers and suchlike.

In France things are more formal and a lot of people also do not really care and try not to look like anything (especially men).

In France I look like a punk, with the same clothes here I look completely random and uninteresting.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:42 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Finns aren't particularly good dressers, but I've heard that different subculture and 'flashy' clothing are more prevalent than in Sweden, where the style is more conformist.
Especially during summer weekends some people dress like they would be homeless.

The worst dressers are obviously Saudis and other peoples from the Arabian peninsula.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World