Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 03:50 AM

570 posts, read 605,064 times

Advertisements

Italy and Spain are the only 2 countries with more cities that are historical Heritage of humanity according to UNESCO.-
There are countries that concentrate almost all their wonders as France in Paris and some few cities more.

Italy and Spain they have dozens of wonderful cities .-Unique cities of the World as Venice or Granada with your Alhambra.Cities as Florence or Seville ,cities as Bologna and Salamanca with the oldest Universities in the World,Imperial cities as Rome and and (Madrid Toledo)the New, and the old, capitals of Spain to a half hour of distance,cities as Naples and Barcelona queens of Mediterranean Sea.

Walled cities as Avila and Luca.

Cities as end of tour of way of Europe Pilgrimage Santiago de Compostela o Siena and your Palio.and Marbella in the Coast of Sun and Portofino in the Riviera,,Genova and Valencia,cities with leyend as Verona and Cordoba and more more more.-

Is there any country that can compare to Spain and Italy in cities wonderful in number and quality ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 07:07 AM

1,212 posts, read 1,435,057 times
Spain.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:24 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Belgium:

Antwerp
http://cabinflooresoterica.com/image...antwerp-07.jpg

Bruges (the Venice of the north)
https://www.st-christophers.co.uk/__...628/bruges.jpg

Ghent
http://www.worldwanderista.com/wp-co..._bewerkt-2.jpg

Brussels
http://www.husapresidentpark.com/d/h...brussels_1.jpg

Old 01-25-2017, 02:44 PM

Gentoo.
Thank you very much for your support and input to this theread.

These cities that he exhibits and many others are very beautiful.But there are not look a Country that can show dozens and dozens , of wonderful cities full of treasures, that only exist in Italy and Spain

I could continue citing wonderful spanish and Italy cities, for example Segovia or Padua
or Milano and Bilbao 2 cities very rich.Milano with a magnificent Gothic Cathedral aand Bilbao with a unique Museum of architecture modern the Guggenhein,.

City Perugia, in the top of wonderful Byzantine architecture and a Spanish city San Sebastian with more stars Michelin ,that Paris and when much people says that is the best city for eat in the World and a exquisit city for holidays , where he passed summer ,the Spanish Royal Family during part of the centuries XIX and XX.

Cities like the italian Spoleto and, the leon city in Spain .

Magnificent cities of Spain for vacation like Mallorca and Ibiza.(the 22 de mar 2015 in the TIMES)Put to Mallorca as best city of the world for live.

A Great and beautiful city very rich of Italy as Turin( my favorit city of Italy for to live).And others equivalent as Zaragoza ,la Coruña or Oviedo and Santander in Spain .

Cities like in Italy Spoleto, and in Spain as Leon.with a wonderful old architecture .

Magnificent cities for fun in Spain like Mallorca , Ibiza, and in Italy as Palermo and Cagliari, etc etc

That is why this year Spain received 75 miilons of Tourists and Italy that has half of territory is full of Tourists also,-

Old 01-26-2017, 08:22 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,643 times
UNESCO is flawed because countries have to apply for each site in order to get designation. Countries that apply for more designations get more world heritage sites.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:43 AM

Iaskwhy.-

I agree with you .
UNESCO has been very generous sometimes specially with cities outside Europe.-

But look at the relationship of cities that I expose in my previous posts and some of their
merits and , if is possible the attack to the excellence of some of these cities.-

I had the hoped that many foristas lovers of their cities that they defended the merits of many of their cities but until now they have not appeared opponents.-

In part It was logical because that in a only country many wonderful cities as in Italy and Spain is practically impossible that they exist, and there are millions of tourists that the confirm .-

Old 01-27-2017, 12:55 PM

It seems that there is no discussion and no one doubts that Italy and Spain have the largest number, of beautiful cities

At least you could say the cities that prefer to visit and to live that are 2 very different things,-

In my case I prefer the following,-

In Italy to visit I prefer like most tourists Rome,Florence and venice,3 cities of a unique
beauty and history incomparable.-But also Pisa Siena and Verona are wonderful.-

To live I prefer Turin a magnificent and complete and rich city not satured of Tourists with the very close Alps and several beautiful lakes next with beautiful Palaces on its banks .a place of the most exclusive in the World.-

In Spain I prefer for visit, the city most romantic that I know,Granada in Spring
with the Alhambra ,dozens of wonderful baroque churches ,its Carmenes that imitate the wonderful Generalife and the incomparable views and red sunsets.

And Sevilla in holy week,and Fair of andalusian horses.-

To live those who want in big cities,I recomment Madrid a city of joy overflowing with the night , and also surrounded by castles and historic towns to less than one hour away as Toledos,segovia Avila etc .-

I prefer for to live the cities in the Northern of Spain, very rich with little tourism,surrounded of mountains and of Sea .
Cities very clean with style and ideal medium climate with few sun much less that in the South of Spain .
A natural Paradise with green valleys such as the austrian tyrolean but also with many dozens of semi-desert, beaches and temperate climate all year although it rains most that in the rest of Spain .- .
Cities of this zone are San sebastian Bilbao Santander or Oviedo.-

Old 01-27-2017, 01:25 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,382,164 times
The Netherlands
Maastricht
Utrecht
Haarlem
Amsterdam
The Hague
Rotterdam
So many great cities in such a small country

Old 01-27-2017, 01:31 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
It seems that there is no discussion and no one doubts that Italy and Spain have the largest number, of beautiful cities
Or maybe people are tired of talking about Spanish and Italian cities? Or maybe it's the google translate "Spanglish" that is keeping people out?

Every country has beautiful and ugly cities. Including Italy and Spain.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:36 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,382,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Or maybe people are tired of talking about Spanish and Italian cities? Or maybe it's the google translate "Spanglish" that is keeping people out?

Every country has beautiful and ugly cities. Including Italy and Spain.
Some countries have only ugly cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World