Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 10:42 PM

9 posts, read 68,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
That's not an easy question to answer! I lived in Indonesia for two years and loved it, it's also a very beautiful place.

But if I could afford it, I'd live in New Zealand 4-6 months of the year and the rest here in the US.
That's exactly what I'd like to do: live in NZ 4-6 months and the rest of the year in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 03:19 AM

103 posts, read 392,225 times
I like Italy.Beautiful women.Excellent soccer.And special food.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:26 AM

753 posts, read 759,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet1986 View Post
If you are American and believe otherwise feel free to visit the DDay beaches in Normandy or the Somme, visit warzones in Vietnam. Spend a year abroad and feel how happy you are to see the American flag and meet some fellow Americans.

Yeah I love America.

I visit Vietnam 3-4 times a year, and the only impression I'm left with regarding my home country is the utter generosity of the Vietnamese people for not hating our guts.

And you know, after 7 years abroad every time I return home the first feeling I get is: "could they possibly build another g*ddamned Home Depot?"

Oh, and Finland is my favorite place.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:22 PM

718 posts, read 2,361,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tineka6 View Post
New Zealand is the best country out there,

- What ever you think of aussies they're the same but nicer, cleaner, better accent
- Everyone basically lives within 1 hour of a beach and 2 hours of a ski-field
- Beautiful scenery
- Very out-doorsey and rural yet has a big city if your into nightlife or jumping off the biggest building in the southern hemispherr
- Climate is great not too hot in the summer (unlike aussie) and not too cold in the winter
- The people are very beautiful and healthy
New Zealand is without a doubt the best country out there! My husband spent much of our summer 2005 (their winter) working over there, the we went back as a family in Nov and Dec. The company he worked for basically adopted us, entertained us every weekend and invited us into their homes.

You will never meet any people in the world who are as nice. We said on the southern island, mostly in Christchurch. The city is big, but you never feel like it. Crime almost does not exist. The beach is right there where you can whale watch or swim with the dolphins. Only a few hours away is Queenstown, surrounded by the Remarkables mountain range (famous from The Lord of the Rings), nestled along a beautiful lake. Then Milford Sound is another few hours from there. Just google it, words cannot describe how beautiful it is!

The people, the food and wine, and the country itself, make NZ the best country in the world! Not to mention the guys with the accent, it makes you melt.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:41 PM

49 posts, read 288,621 times
Jamaica. It's home, I'd never pick anywhere else as my favourite.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:25 PM

85 posts, read 628,090 times
United States

Israel

Britain

Not really in any order.

I love them all.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:59 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,939,614 times
3 nations I most want to visit:

Australia - The greatest country on Earth other than the US of course (and this is cause I'm biased!) Never heard a single bad word from anyone whose ever lived in or visited Australia. Friendly people, wonderful natural as well as manmade landscapes, Ayers Rock, Great Barrier Reef, tropical beaches, the Sydney Opera House, beautiful coastal cities, the unique Outback experience and the cutest animals on Earth of course. Australia is basically the clean, utopian version of America...all the good stuff we have with fewer enemies, less crime, less illegal immigrants and less drugs. And its not cold like Canada. Aussie girls are also hott.

Italy - Obviously, eh? Has dozens of places you should visit at least once in your lifetime....Venice's canals, the Leaning Tower, Colisseum, the lakes in the Alps, all of Rome's other landmarks, Florence's Renaissance architecture and of course the best food in the world. Lots of beautiful women too.

Mexico - Yes, I'm angry about illegal aliens and drugs but there's a lot more to our southern neighbors. Mexico can be a beautiful country away from the border towns and some of the big cities. Know this sounds cliched but no place names are as synomonous with paradise as Cancun, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, Cozumel.....I've heard Mexico has the lovliest beaches anywhere in the world. People who've been to Hawaii, the Greek islands, and southern France still say Mexican beaches, especially Cancun are better. Also would love to see those Mayan ruins and Spanish colonial buildings.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
Israel and the USA
What's so special with Israel? I dont' see anything special about there unless you are Jewish and it has religious significance to you. My friend spent a year in Tel Aviv and showed me pictures....beautiful place, yes, but not much different than San Diego or Hononlulu.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:05 PM

As for the U.S. itself....yes our nation is a wonderful place to travel. I live near DC and Baltimore and I've been to NY, PHilly, Miami, Orlando, Vegas, San Francisco, the Grand Canyon, North Carolina, Shenendoah, Yellowstone, New Orleans, Utah, Idaho, and the Tetons.

But there's so much I haven't seen yet like the Smokies, Crater Lake, Lake Tahoe, the Colorado Rockies, Niagara Falls, New England, Hawaii, and Alaska. Also I have this urge to take this road trip from DC to St. Louis up to Chicago and then back as a way of experiencing the real America, staying off the Interstates and eating in only local places and visiting farmers markets and county fairs and all that nice stuff.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:46 AM

1 posts, read 4,338 times
Default marrying an english women

my brother maried an english women . i never thought that english are so good looking and smart. thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World