Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 06:36 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,488,806 times

Advertisements

Pick any of the 2nd tier cities in China. That is, any of the largest cities in the country besides Shanghai, Beijing, or Hong Kong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 01:51 PM

3 posts, read 7,034 times
A Latin Am. country where a person can live a resonably comfortable lifestyle and still be able to save a little for future trips back to the US. and all this on a mere $1200 a mo. Maybe I dreaming here but this is why I on this blog. Any advice would be most helpful. I coming down from California in three mo. . If I don't get more info on other country's I am going to Costa Rico as a starting place. It would be just great to know someone when I arrive.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:32 AM

212 posts, read 400,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
South Korea - low crime
Lower than US, but much higher than Japan though. Check this out.

Quote:
Rape per 100,000.
1. United States 34.20
2. England and Wales 14.69
3. France 13.38
Taiwan 8.82
South Korea 4.38
Spain 3.23
Japan 1.48

Robbery/Violent Theft per 100,000.
1. Spain 169.85
2. United States 169.02
3. France 144.10
Taiwan 14.35
South Korea 11.74
Japan 2.71

Old 01-03-2011, 10:19 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Why is Obama or American healthcare on the World Forum?

If we're going to tie the World Forum to US government massive spending sprees...the War in Iraq is the big elephant in the room...I've always wondered why Tea Partiers hate poor Americans having health insurance, yet are usually gung-ho supportive about massive, massive, massive American spending done in foreign countries.
When you look at the dollars spent, we spend far more on health care in any given year than on the war. You don't have to be in favor of the war to see that America spends a lot of money on health care but is not getting good results for it (EG--We spend more as a % of GDP on health care than any developed country but have the lowest life expectancy). That includes both private and public spending. Our public spending alone is almost 9% of GDP and is what most other developed countries spend to guarantee universal coverage. We are running up huge and unsustainable deficits and many of us believe throwing even more money at health care will add a lot to our debts without doing anything to make the system more effective.

And by the way, most poor people in American get their health care paid for. It's whe working class and portions of the middle class who have to pay out of pocket, do without, pay very high premiums, or use the emergency room.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:29 PM

4 posts, read 6,879 times
I taught in the Gulf for 5 yrs. I made $50,000 a yr, they gave me free housing, 6 bedrooms 4 bathrooms, airfare to the states every summer for my family(me 3 kids), they paid school fees for 2 children, and no taxes!!!!!

I lived better than I ever have in the states. I had a live in maid and new car with in 2 month of getting there. The crime rate is low. The only real crime is domestic and petty things. I guess the only draw back to most people would be the heat and being around Muslims. It didnt bother me at all. I enjoyed every moment. I am dreaming of going back.......

Old 10-28-2011, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 15,480 times
Low cost and low crime don't go together, low cost means that salaries are low as well and not much work is around = higher crime. If you make your money in high salary place and save a lot and then move to low cost places some safe choices are Uruguay, Panama, Costa Rica and former eastern European countries that are poor now. Asia offers Thailand and you can live well cheaply in China without much crime. I would look for place where I know some language and have some friends at minimum. If you need to earn a living, go to USA, many states are cheap to live and pay can be quite good (depending on your profession).

Old 10-29-2011, 04:48 AM

142 posts, read 443,021 times
I've always found the cities/countries that have the tag of being the 'place with the highest quality of life' and are world renowned for incredibly low crime are also often incredibly dull.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:04 AM

100 posts, read 195,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
US has the best health care so we should have affordable health care for everyone too. Preventive care should be free.
You do realize that we have the best health care because of the free market system and that the recent changes made will diminish our great health care innovation by killing incentive to create new medicines, for excellent candidates to enter the medical field (b/c who wants to do all that schooling to get paid a nominal wage), etc. Why do you think the rest of the world does not have good health care? The best your idea will do is bring us down with the rest of the world.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:01 PM

30,383 posts, read 19,184,321 times
The Middle East has areas with high income, low crime, and low cost of living such as in Saudi....but I have zero interest in returning. Maybe Dubai would be okay. As someone else mentioned, you get what you pay for....you can't get high salaries, low crime and low cost of living...I guess maybe Minneapolis?

Old 06-16-2015, 08:29 PM

8,867 posts, read 8,452,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
Lower than US, but much higher than Japan though. Check this out.
Oh geez Taiwan is so dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World