Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:28 PM

6 posts, read 18,330 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to let the people of sheridan, wyoming know that i am finally moving to sheridan on august 10, 2009. I have waited four long years to get this chance. I am transfering from the veterans administration in texas, to the sheridan va. I am married with a wonderful wife and two very disciplined and wonderful children. I have been on a quest to find the best place to live in america, and i believe that sheridan is that place. I have lived in north and south carolina, and texas. I am quite different from most parents, as i am willing to do whatever it takes to give my children the best environment to grow up in. I want my kids to grow up with other kids that believe in the same things that i teach my children. This quest is very important to me because i believe without a doubt that america is no longer what it use to be. It is filled with greed and selfishness and god is just a made up fictional story. Well, i believe in god, country, family, truth, morality and that sheridan is that kind of town. Don't you remember when you were a kid and how wonderful it was just to be a kid. I want to live around real god fearing people that i can trust and be friends with, is that too much to ask? I visited sheridan last summer in hopes that one day i could move to such a beautiful and real place that also cares about their childrens education. I served my country for four years in the army and believe that i have earned the right to live in the best town in america, sheridan wyoming. Please let me know if sheridan is the kind of town that i am looking for. See ya in heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmobaseball View Post
I just wanted to let the people of sheridan, wyoming know that i am finally moving to sheridan on august 10, 2009. I have waited four long years to get this chance. I am transfering from the veterans administration in texas, to the sheridan va. I am married with a wonderful wife and two very disciplined and wonderful children. I have been on a quest to find the best place to live in america, and i believe that sheridan is that place. I have lived in north and south carolina, and texas. I am quite different from most parents, as i am willing to do whatever it takes to give my children the best environment to grow up in. I want my kids to grow up with other kids that believe in the same things that i teach my children. This quest is very important to me because i believe without a doubt that america is no longer what it use to be. It is filled with greed and selfishness and god is just a made up fictional story. Well, i believe in god, country, family, truth, morality and that sheridan is that kind of town. Don't you remember when you were a kid and how wonderful it was just to be a kid. I want to live around real god fearing people that i can trust and be friends with, is that too much to ask? I visited sheridan last summer in hopes that one day i could move to such a beautiful and real place that also cares about their childrens education. I served my country for four years in the army and believe that i have earned the right to live in the best town in america, sheridan wyoming. Please let me know if sheridan is the kind of town that i am looking for. See ya in heaven.
Good call. First off, let me thank you for your service. I too, am a vet. The Sheridan VA is outstanding. It's funny, it's number 666 on the VA list. But that don't make no never mind. We have some great doctors there along with some outstanding staff. I just spent a year in the VA and I can't brag enough about the care I got.

Do you hunt? Fish? just hang out? give us a clue.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:05 AM

692 posts, read 1,707,258 times
I currently live in N.C. and will possibly be moving back to Wyo. after a 22 year absence. My parents live in Sheridan and it is an absolutely wonderful place.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:53 PM

Hey Elkhunter, I love to fish, but I haven't done much hunting. Fishing is my big thing, Bass fishing is my favorite type of fishing. Baseball is also a passion of mine. I hope that I can coach one of the little league baseball teams in the area, I have a lot of knowledge that I'd like offer. I coached a high school team in South Carolina and won the state championship. I played for the New York Yankee great, Bobby Richardson. I feel like I'm moving to another world because I have never experienced snow and cold like you have in Sheridan. One of my biggest worries is my wife finding a teaching job in the area. I have only seen one math teacher opening in the area and that was in Dayton. I sure hope they need a math teacher before the beginning of the school year. It looks like the home rentals are going down a little, is that right? Hey eiafjam, I just moved from Troy, N.C. last year to here in Texas. Why would did you move away from Wyoming? Well, I feel really blessed to have an opportunity to live in this beautiful area. I'll see ya'll later and thanks for the responses.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:47 AM

692 posts, read 1,707,258 times
i moved 22 years ago to NC because my ex wanted to. i am ready to go back home

Old 07-12-2009, 09:36 AM

3 posts, read 10,198 times
I currently live in Florida, and have for my entire life. I really love mountains and countryside. I was looking into moving to Wyoming maybe in the next couple of years. I also have two daughters that are almost grown. What I am looking for is a small town, with nice people, close knit. Someplace that I feel like I can belong, because that is not the case here. Any information would be much appreciated

Old 07-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela37 View Post
I currently live in Florida, and have for my entire life. I really love mountains and countryside. I was looking into moving to Wyoming maybe in the next couple of years. I also have two daughters that are almost grown. What I am looking for is a small town, with nice people, close knit. Someplace that I feel like I can belong, because that is not the case here. Any information would be much appreciated
Well, all the towns here are small. Our biggest "City" only has about 60,000.

Schools are outstanding. I think the people here are nice. I certainly can't complain about my neighbors. Good folks.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:35 PM

540 posts, read 1,910,746 times
Hey Irmobaseball, sounds like you are the kind of person I would want to be my neighbor and the type I want my kids to be friends with. I'm waiting for an opportunity to come my way so I can call Sheridan my home also. I want to be associated with people like you. I believe in the same things you do and also try to teach my kids that also. I hope the VA gives me a call for the job I applied for there. I know I can be of great service to the VA, I'm just hoping they give me the opportunity to be a part of the wonderful staff there. I know I would be a perfect fit there at the VA. I'd be on top of Cloud 9 working there. I'd love to be a great service to those Veterans who served America so proudly. It would be an honor to one day call Sheridan my home also.
Any advice on how to land a job at the VA? I just need one interview to convince them that I belong there. I'm not being arrogant. I just believe in myself and I believe in my skills.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:25 PM

Well, probably the best way to get on at the VA is to apply for the lowest GS graded job, if you can afford to. This is the best approach because after your in the position for three months you can then apply for other jobs. If you try to get in at a higher grade it will be much more difficult to land your first job. The key is to get into the system, then you will be on a more level playing field. A GS-5 is probably a good target job for you to shoot for. I don't know what your experience or education is, so its hard for me to give you much more guidance than this. Are you a veteran, that will definitely help and disabled veterans like myself can get on even easier. What is your background and education? Thanks for the wonderful response to my post. I just feel that as parents we owe it to our children to give them the best chance to succeed in life. I believe that Sheridan will provide my children the environment that is needed to become successful in every facet of life. Sheridan will make my life easier because the Sheridan kids will have a better influence on my kids. If you want to ask me anymore questions about the VA, I would be happy to answer them.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmobaseball View Post
Hey Elkhunter, I love to fish, but I haven't done much hunting. Fishing is my big thing, Bass fishing is my favorite type of fishing. Baseball is also a passion of mine. I hope that I can coach one of the little league baseball teams in the area, I have a lot of knowledge that I'd like offer. I coached a high school team in South Carolina and won the state championship. I played for the New York Yankee great, Bobby Richardson. I feel like I'm moving to another world because I have never experienced snow and cold like you have in Sheridan. One of my biggest worries is my wife finding a teaching job in the area. I have only seen one math teacher opening in the area and that was in Dayton. I sure hope they need a math teacher before the beginning of the school year. It looks like the home rentals are going down a little, is that right? Hey eiafjam, I just moved from Troy, N.C. last year to here in Texas. Why would did you move away from Wyoming? Well, I feel really blessed to have an opportunity to live in this beautiful area. I'll see ya'll later and thanks for the responses.
I went bass fishing day before yesterday. Caught about 15 bass an hour. But I catch and release. Trout is my favorite. Acme pits are about 8 or 9 miles out of Sheridan, for bass. Trout has places all over you can go to.

My grandkids are very active in the local baseball scene. Went to a game last night and it got rained out.

Keep watching www.wyomingatwork.com they'll list the teaching jobs. We can always use more teachers. Not sure if you're aware of how the schools here are set up, dm me for more details. I think we have the finest schools in the country. I was in Curriculum developement for years and when I come back to Wyoming I found they was doing all the things right by my book.

Teaching job in Dayton wouldn't be bad. Commute could be rough in the winter but then again, if roads are nasty, school is probably closed. We don't get the winters that we used to. Least I don't think we do. They seem to close the roads a little more easily then they used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming