Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:37 AM

14,461 posts, read 20,637,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaskies View Post
Are you serious, OMG. We are still paying over 100 no irrigation on obviously and I stop using the dishwasher and cut the laundry. Is it too late for us to register? We bought the home from a builder 5 years ago.
thanks for the eye opener.
my father's bill was $69 + about $5.00 usage. It's only about $2 for 1000 gallons.

Contact Utilities, Inc.
They serve Fort Mill and Tega Cay, a public water system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 09:00 PM

126 posts, read 289,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
my father's bill was $69 + about $5.00 usage. It's only about $2 for 1000 gallons.

Contact Utilities, Inc.
They serve Fort Mill and Tega Cay, a public water system.
Thanks howard555.
Are you saying that we can switch from York County Water to Utilities Inc?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:33 AM

14,461 posts, read 20,637,389 times
Quote:
Thanks howard555.
Are you saying that we can switch from York County Water to Utilities Inc?
They serve 15 states.
Toll free number:
Phone: 800-272-1919
customerservice@uiwater.com

My father built his house in Carowoods in 1980.
1/2 the people in there are on a well.
The other 1/2 including his house, is on Utilities, Inc.
Utilities, Inc. has expanded their water system and serve Tega Cay.

I do not think you can switch from York CO-OP for gas service, to York County Natural Gas, but if Utilities Inc. is in your area, I would think you could switch.
I'm not aware of any other water company in the Carowoods area, unless you are actual in downtown Fort Mill, and use the city water system.

Call the toll free number and give them your address.
They have water lines all over Fort Mill and Tega Cay.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:49 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,544,898 times
2 bdroom townhome, my water bill is 30 to 40 a month, and in the summer I water EXTENSIVELY though it's a small yard.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:37 PM

10 posts, read 21,264 times
Quote:
Are you serious, OMG. We are still paying over 100 no irrigation on obviously and I stop using the dishwasher and cut the laundry. Is it too late for us to register? We bought the home from a builder 5 years ago.
thanks for the eye opener.
Any word yet on what is meant by "register on the county rolls"?

Old 02-23-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingToWhere? View Post
Any word yet on what is meant by "register on the county rolls"?
Unfortunately when my husband spoke to someone at York county Water they were baffled when my husband mentioned "county rolls". She replied sorry sir I am not familiar with that terminology". Our new bill this month is 65 water 56 sewer.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
They serve 15 states.
Toll free number:
Phone: 800-272-1919
customerservice@uiwater.com

My father built his house in Carowoods in 1980.
1/2 the people in there are on a well.
The other 1/2 including his house, is on Utilities, Inc.
Utilities, Inc. has expanded their water system and serve Tega Cay.

I do not think you can switch from York CO-OP for gas service, to York County Natural Gas, but if Utilities Inc. is in your area, I would think you could switch.
I'm not aware of any other water company in the Carowoods area, unless you are actual in downtown Fort Mill, and use the city water system.

Call the toll free number and give them your address.
They have water lines all over Fort Mill and Tega Cay.

thanks i will call tomorrow.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:12 PM

10 posts, read 21,264 times
Quote:
Unfortunately when my husband spoke to someone at York county Water they were baffled when my husband mentioned "county rolls". She replied sorry sir I am not familiar with that terminology". Our new bill this month is 65 water 56 sewer.
That was my concern as well...

Old 02-26-2011, 04:58 PM

6 posts, read 12,852 times
UPDATE: My sincerest apologies to all who I seem to have given wrong info to. My wife told me it wasn't the water/sewer that was the issue but something else. Again, so very sorry for the bad info!!

Old 02-27-2011, 04:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,484 times
Default Water bills in Fort Mill, S.C.

We moved to Fort Mill 5 years + ago, coming from Florida where the water is paid every two or three months and is very cheap I went through a real shock with our monthly, expensive, first few water bills. We decided to install the irrigation meter and although the bills are still pretty high in comparison to florida, the cost has been definitively reduced. I keep encouraging neighbours and friends to do the same.

Quote:
[FONT=Arial Black]irrigation on twice a week and we get a huge bill. Our neighbors is 250. Of course we turned it completely off. Is this normal for york county? We live in fort mill and was told by the water company to install a irrigation meter or pump.[/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties