Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 02:50 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,025,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv0621 View Post
I have read some articles saying that Publix asked for a rezoning of an area in Fort Mill for a new store. I work for Publix in the Florida Panhandle and would love to relocate to the Fort Mill area. Can anyone enlighten me on the progress of this deal. Everyone here at Publix in Florida is keeping Mum . I would like to get a heads up so I can put in my transfer asap.
Thanks in Advance for any info.

Curious now that they have approval, how long do you think it would take before the store would open?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 03:50 PM

14,477 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Curious now that they have approval, how long do you think it would take before the store would open?
here is a story that says Indian Land may get a Publix too, south 521.
Is Publix Grocery Coming To Fort Mill SC? | Homes Fort Mill SC

Old 10-25-2010, 03:52 PM

40 posts, read 114,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Probably by next summer.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
here is a story that says Indian Land may get a Publix too, south 521.
I have heard that also. The rumor going on down here in Florida is that we may be taking over some other Company's stores. We recently bought about 90 Albertson stores in Florida and Alabama. The rumor that is circulating is that we are going to acquire some Ingles stores. But this is strictly rumor. The Buzz is, that they (Publix) are finally ready to move into the Charlotte N.C. market.
Again.....as of right now, its just rumor.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:27 AM

I have been searching by ways of Craigslist, local papers, etc and have not been able to find a room for rent. I am probably going to just rent a room (loft, studio, or a bedroom in a dwelling) until I can get settled and learn the area. Can anyone help in finding such a rental. I want to get an idea of how much it will cost and how available they are. Craigslist has plenty here in florida but I don't really see a section for Fort Mill. Thanks.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:51 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,025,322 times
Quote:
I have been searching by ways of Craigslist, local papers, etc and have not been able to find a room for rent. I am probably going to just rent a room (loft, studio, or a bedroom in a dwelling) until I can get settled and learn the area. Can anyone help in finding such a rental. I want to get an idea of how much it will cost and how available they are. Craigslist has plenty here in florida but I don't really see a section for Fort Mill. Thanks.
Was wondering what sort of budget are you looking at?

People here tend to rent apartments, the actual room in house's rents are a lot less common up here than in Florida.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:11 AM

564 posts, read 1,454,604 times
Another poster in the Charlotte forum mentioned that Publix had a spot at Dobys bridge and 521. Should be interesting to see exactly where.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:22 AM

Well, that seems to be all the chatter down here... but also there is a lot of chatter about moving into North Carolina also. At this point it is just talk though, about purchasing some Ingles stores.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday30 View Post
Another poster in the Charlotte forum mentioned that Publix had a spot at Dobys bridge and 521. Should be interesting to see exactly where.
this does not say the exact location but gives a general idea.

here is the story that says Indian Land may get a Publix too, south 521.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I have heard that also. The rumor going on down here in Florida is that we may be taking over some other Company's stores. We recently bought about 90 Albertson stores in Florida and Alabama. The rumor that is circulating is that we are going to acquire some Ingles stores. But this is strictly rumor. The Buzz is, that they (Publix) are finally ready to move into the Charlotte N.C. market.
Again.....as of right now, its just rumor.
no Ingles around here that I know of....if any chain might sell off stores it could be Bi-Lo who is in bankruptcy and trying to come out of it and might have to slim down by selling stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties