Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 PM

4 posts, read 7,091 times

Advertisements

I am trying to learn more about an area of Fort Mill called Riverview. I have looked everywhere for information and am not having any luck. I have heard that this area has been annexed into Fort Mill. If you look at the zoning map, the only land in Riverview that has been annexed is where the loves sits. I am talking more about the area in between sutton road and the river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 11:57 PM

That was a mis-type. The area between I-77 and the river, below baxter village.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:30 PM

how is it that no one knows anything about this area? I have noticed that this area is completely different than any other area in Fort Mill. Why is that? Anyone know anything about the history of it?

Old 07-01-2011, 06:01 AM

564 posts, read 1,454,604 times
I honestly dont think there is much over there to even comment on. I know there is nothing along the actual river & I do not think there is that many homes between N Sutton and the river. There is homes between Sutton and 77. I know someone who lives over there and they have a nice home and have never had any issues.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:17 AM

850 posts, read 2,651,415 times
The area has a few homes/trailers off Suttonview road, I think a sex offender lives out there also.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:44 AM

The area I'm thinking of are between sutton and 77. And bellow harris. Things like their interactions within the Riverview community as well as the communities interactions with the larger Fort Mill community. If you look at the Fort Mill zoning map, the Loves is in Fort Mill but the houses are not. Also, compare the upkeep of that area to a little further north but still below Baxter. That whole area is outside Fort Mill so that land is county land right? So why would the county invest in those areas more so than Riverview? The Riverview Presbyterian church was created back in the 50's after "seeing a need" within that community. So what needs and why are they localized to that area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties