Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2007, 09:21 AM

54 posts, read 189,453 times

Advertisements

When we were up last weekend we ate at JADE in Ballantyne - I definetely found my nice lounge feel restaurant / Sushi spot when we move up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 09:32 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,427,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
Groove, we tried Carmella's this weekend and thought the pizza was great. Thick crust, a ton of cheese and a good flavored sauce. Had meatballs as the topping and they were good too.

My wife had the eggplant parm sub and thought it was pretty good. About the same as Marco's.

We'll make it a regular place for the pizza.
I LOVE that cheese. We went this past Friday and got a couple of pasta dishes which were very good, baked manicotti for me and angel hair pasta for her. I like that thicker crust, reminds me of pizza in Buffalo.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
When we were up last weekend we ate at JADE in Ballantyne - I definetely found my nice lounge feel restaurant / Sushi spot when we move up.
We were going to go after a movie one night, but the kitchen was closed. Nikko on the other side of 521 in Ballanyne Commons East has good sushi too. Also, in the former Daily Chef location at BV, Salara's is opening a European dessert bar. There is now alos a place there that makes fudge and ince cream in house over by Villa and Taable.

Last edited by groove1; 09-25-2007 at 09:45 AM..

Old 09-25-2007, 11:30 AM

54 posts, read 189,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
We were going to go after a movie one night, but the kitchen was closed. Nikko on the other side of 521 in Ballanyne Commons East has good sushi too. Also, in the former Daily Chef location at BV, Salara's is opening a European dessert bar. There is now alos a place there that makes fudge and ince cream in house over by Villa and Taable.
Nikko was the other place we considered but to me all those eat-while watching them cook places are the same, similar to Bennihanna and Arriang.

I prefer the lounge/club feel and Jade was that, we went on a weeknight not too late but we spoke to the waitress for a while, we also then sat downstairs for coffee and listened to a guy playing the guitar at the other restaurant which was nice...and the weather was cool out so it was good.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:47 PM

Has anybody been tp Sixpence in BV? I got a gc in the mail from one of those welcome wagon type places.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:22 PM

41 posts, read 160,286 times
Since you all know your restaurants so well, maybe you could tell me if there are any restaurants in FM with outdoor dining that we could bring our well-behaved dog?
Shelly

Old 10-02-2007, 02:56 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,297,425 times
groove1 - one of my coworkers went to six pence this past weekend and LOVED IT. She said the food was really good - better than she expected. she said when my DH and I decide to check it out she wants to come with. *lol*

Old 10-03-2007, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4harveys View Post
Since you all know your restaurants so well, maybe you could tell me if there are any restaurants in FM with outdoor dining that we could bring our well-behaved dog?
Shelly
If I remember correctly, I believe I have seen dogs on the patio at Towne Tavern. The patio is basically part of the parking lot, so it is not all too scenice, but it's ok. The food is usually good, especially the fish fry.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
groove1 - one of my coworkers went to six pence this past weekend and LOVED IT. She said the food was really good - better than she expected. she said when my DH and I decide to check it out she wants to come with. *lol*
Cool. I like that rooftop dining thay have there. I'm half British (1/4 English and 1/4 Scottish) and work for a British company, so I think I can be a good judge of the food.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:24 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Cool. I like that rooftop dining thay have there. I'm half British (1/4 English and 1/4 Scottish) and work for a British company, so I think I can be a good judge of the food.
you are so funny groove1...

.....I myself happen to be of Indian/German decent, and use to work at a Japanese firm...where do you think I would be a good judge of food? (sorry..I just couldn't resist)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties