Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:48 AM

192 posts, read 687,353 times

Advertisements

I agree we have all the stores we need around here. Pretty soon we'll be able to go over to 521 for many things too. But I would like to see more dollars coming into Ft Mill. I'm hoping for a revamped downtown with a coffee shop (not Starbucks!), Ice-cream shop, a Panera Bread Co, a sushi bar (hey, I can dream can't I!) and a few small specially shops. Some things that will make me WANT to spend some time on the downtown strip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 04:22 PM

4,271 posts, read 6,296,510 times
I keep trying to talk my mom into retiring to Fort Mill to open up a tea shop on old Main Street. She is waffling between our area and Columbia and won't make the decision for another year or two.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:03 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,570,076 times
An organic grocery store ;-) and some good horse boarding stables ;-)

Old 09-04-2007, 10:13 PM

74 posts, read 247,873 times
Well id have to say good places to eat. A local Mall, a indoor play area for kids. Im new the FM so im sure once i go out I will find all those places...even if its 15 min from me. But local does sound good.
Is there a Target? Id lovet that. OH and a real Deli...being from NY we need that as well as pizza and bagels!!!

Old 09-05-2007, 07:01 AM

10 posts, read 52,584 times
Default Girl - Try Marco's in Rock Hill

It's an authentic Jersey-style pizza place. A buddy from Jersey raves about this place. He says it gives his kids a taste of the authentic Italian food served near the City.

Marco's is located off Cherry Rd in a shopping center with Big Lots! - I know doesn't sound great, but it's awesome.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,426,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
Earth Fare in Ballantyne is about 9 minutes from me. Again, plenty close enough for me. Also, they are on eyeing an old Harris Teeter location in Rock Hill.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexasmommy330 View Post
Well id have to say good places to eat. A local Mall, a indoor play area for kids. Im new the FM so im sure once i go out I will find all those places...even if its 15 min from me. But local does sound good.
Is there a Target? Id lovet that. OH and a real Deli...being from NY we need that as well as pizza and bagels!!!

You have two malls near you. Carolina Place in Pineville and Rock Hill Galleria. You have three Targets not all too far away, one is SuperTarget in SW Charlotte at 160 and 49. The other one is on Rea Rd (a little far) and there is also one in Rock Hill.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:26 AM

474 posts, read 1,749,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc4usc View Post
It's an authentic Jersey-style pizza place. A buddy from Jersey raves about this place. He says it gives his kids a taste of the authentic Italian food served near the City.

Marco's is located off Cherry Rd in a shopping center with Big Lots! - I know doesn't sound great, but it's awesome.
We tried Marco's last weekend and thought it was pretty good. Had the pizza and tried some eggplant parm sub and meatball sub. I'd say it was comparable to Luigi's on S. Tryon in the Whitehall area (not the Luigi's on 21 in Rock Hill - I've never eaten there).

Old 09-05-2007, 07:32 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
hey there jenn02674 - aren't you in Baxter Village? The reason I ask is I saw recently a new place that was set to open up across from Beef O' Brady's. This is the information I pulled up from the Fort Mill Times:
Island Breeze Organic Market and Café will also open in August. The café is moving into the vacant corner spot at the front of the Exchange Building. It will feature organic market items including gluten-free foods, Robusto said. It will also be open to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.

There is also:
A & S Natural Health Store (Fort Mill, SC - off Gold Hill Rd)
Lakeview Farms Home Delivery (Fort Mill, SC - off Pleasant Rd)

Oh and for what its worth...there is also Trader Joe's now off Rea Rd (in Charlotte)....it takes me less than 20 minutes to get there from Tega Cay.

In regard to horse boarding stables...I know several that are around here...but I am not sure what you are looking for?

Old 09-05-2007, 07:50 AM

There is also Cupps Cafe near Winthrop which serves local and organic food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties