Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:15 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,266,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
I lived in Buffalo for a while. When you arrive at Regent Park, you must try the new Carmella's pizza. They even have chicken finger subs but they call them "fried buffalo chicken subs." They are almost as good as the ones in wny.
Your dreaming, there is nothing like Buffalo food even here. I lived and raise there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 04:34 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,431,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Your dreaming, there is nothing like Buffalo food even here. I lived and raise there.
And their schools are as good as their food. There is good food everywhere. Seriously, what does Buffalo have? Fried chicken byproducts soaked in hot sauce and pizza. It is not a culinary mecca by any means. Sorry you had to grow up in that dump. Please move back if you miss the food and the infrastructure sucks here so bad. You will fit in better there.

Buffalo is a cess pool anyway. People up there are so dumb they rip on Canada, but they worship Tim Horton's, Labatt's, hockey, and the Tragically Hip. Maybe it's cuz all Buffalo has is the chicken wing, snow, closed down steel plants, and rude people. City of good neighbors me arse.

Last edited by groove1; 10-17-2007 at 04:47 PM..

Old 10-17-2007, 06:54 PM

Oh what Charlotte is much better with the crime, ever watch the news here. What snow. Better do your research there.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:31 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,431,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Oh what Charlotte is much better with the crime, ever watch the news here. What snow. Better do your research there.
There's plenty of crime in Buffalo too. I was robbed working at a pizza place in North Buffalo on Hertel, a few off our drivers were robbed, a few people were murdered near there. If you do the per capita is about the same. There were just as many murders in the city of Buffalo last year with a population of 200k as there were in Charlotte last year with a population of 600k. I was never all too good at math, but I can figure out which one has the higher murder rate. Buffalo has plenty of snow and I don't miss it. One year the national gaurd had to come in and remove all the snow. Last year a couple of feet of snow fell in October! I'll take 80 degrees in Octtober over two feet of snow any day. That crippled the whole city, as did the instance ith the national guard. So is Buffalo really equiped to handle the snow? Nope, The city government there doesn't give a crap about people in the city. You're okay if you live in the burbs like Grand Island or Williamsville. How long did it take those idiots to find the bike path rapist when they already had the evidence against him but "misplaced" it? 30 YEARS! Buffalo is also officially the 2nd poorest city in the nation with a median income of 27k and one of the highest rates of heart disease in the country (due to all of that wonderful Buffalo food, lack of sunshine, etc). I lived over 10 years in that dump.

Last edited by groove1; 10-18-2007 at 08:25 AM..

Old 11-29-2007, 06:14 PM

74 posts, read 247,963 times
We are from NY.....Long Island. We are now in Fort Mill. Id love to meet some ppl from back "home"

Old 12-08-2007, 08:25 AM

29 posts, read 71,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1667604
(In reference to Carmella's in Fort Mill)Be sure and hold your breath and look up while walking from you car to the door. They fail to clean up after their BIKE patron's trash the parking area with garbage and cigarette butts. The food is mediocre at best. The banners add a nice trashy flair to our area as well.
I have to post the good with the bad. They have hired a sweeping service to come in twice per week. The parking lot is much cleaner now.
They were also asked to remove the banners. It really looks much nicer.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:03 PM

Charlotte Crime stats

Personal crime risk
(100 is national average, lower is better)198

Property crime risk
(100 is national average, lower is better)190

Last edited by bmd69; 12-08-2007 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: numbers

Old 12-08-2007, 03:32 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,285,041 times
Left NY a year ago, spent a year in Charlotte, and 4 weeks ago moved into a new home in York. LOVE it here, will go back to NY to visit, but this is now home!!

I am from Long Island and retiring in June. I'll be moving (I definitely want to leave Long Island ) , but I am not sure where. Can you tell me what there is in SC (and your part of SC) that makes it a good place to live? Thanks for any help.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:44 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,035,466 times
Please, if you are moving to SC secure a job first if you are not a retiree. Do not make a blind jump and hope to find a job, or you will be making the biggest mistake of your life. I'd just like to throw that out there to any NYers that are moving down as friendly advice.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:53 PM

64 posts, read 209,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
At one point I was from Oswego. My cousin and her Bf just moved here from Oswego about a year ago.
Oswego....you guys get a TON of snow there! I've been up there to the lake alot when I lived back home NY/NEPA. It was beautiful in the summers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties