Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 08:46 PM

8 posts, read 8,473 times

Advertisements

There is a good possibility that the family (14, 7, 6 year old kids) will be moving to the Fill Mill area. We're a little hesitant, but both my wife and I will be able to keep our same jobs so employment is not an issue. Ideally we'd send out kids to a private school in Rock Hill (St. Anne) so school is not a huge concern either (unless we find out that school is not very good). We are weather snobs.

Saying that, from online research it seems like Lake Ridge or Baxter Village are two of the areas that we should consider. Kids are very much into sports (baseball, basketball and soccer) and we're looking for a family orientated neighborhood with lots of young children. Our house budget is around $500k give or take.

Any advise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 11:24 PM

135 posts, read 196,218 times
You're on the right track with Lakeridge and Baxter Village, I'd also consider Springfield. Tega Cay has a fantastic sports program so that won't be an issue at all. I live in Baxter Village and have many friends whose kids go to St. Anne's and they're very happy with it. Good luck!

Old 08-25-2015, 04:40 AM

110 posts, read 160,797 times
Springfield and Baxter are hands down the most attractive neighborhoods in the area - in my humble opinion, of course. That said, your budget isn't going to go too far in Springfield. Baxter is great and that amount should go a little further.

I'm out on Lake Ridge. The location is not that attractive and the style is way too cookie cutter.

With all that said, it comes down to your commute and the issue of getting your kids to Rock Hill for school. Where are your jobs?

As for the weather, nothing beats San Diego. It gets hot here. It gets cold here. That's just life .

Old 08-25-2015, 05:28 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,324,214 times
If you are sending your kids to school in Rock Hill, why not look into living in Rock Hill? Your commute into Charlotte won't be that much longer.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:30 AM

547 posts, read 777,484 times
Look at the Fairway Point neighborhood within the Lake Shore development of Tega Cay. There's currently 2 or 3 homes available. The Lake Shore development is on the peninsula with easy access to golf and lake activities. It's also walking distance to the newest elementary school in the top rated Fort Mill/Tega Cay school district.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMorrell View Post
You're on the right track with Lakeridge and Baxter Village, I'd also consider Springfield. Tega Cay has a fantastic sports program so that won't be an issue at all. I live in Baxter Village and have many friends whose kids go to St. Anne's and they're very happy with it. Good luck!

Thanks. I know I could probably look this up quickly, but is Baxter Village a new community? Are they still building there or is it a more established area?

Old 08-25-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
If you are sending your kids to school in Rock Hill, why not look into living in Rock Hill? Your commute into Charlotte won't be that much longer.

No plans on commuting to Charlotte, work will be in Fort Mill.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:11 PM

135 posts, read 196,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTony View Post
Thanks. I know I could probably look this up quickly, but is Baxter Village a new community? Are they still building there or is it a more established area?
They're just finishing up the last few homes in Baxter Village, construction started in 1999 (affectionately referred to as "the historic district." There are about 1600 homes as well as an elementary school, public library, YMCA, several doctors, dentists, a attorney's offices as well as shops and restaurants.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:56 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,324,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTony View Post
No plans on commuting to Charlotte, work will be in Fort Mill.
Then for sure also consider Rock Hill since you are sending your kids to school down there - there are plenty of good neighborhoods down there, and the commute to FM would be nothing. I can't even imagine driving my kids to a private school in Rock Hill every day.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:14 AM

547 posts, read 777,484 times
I'm not sure why you're hesitant about moving. I've lived in San Diego and the only thing I miss is the weather. A $500k budget there doesn't even get you out of the ghetto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties