Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 01:25 PM

56 posts, read 238,839 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
Is there lot sof shopping in the Fort MIll Area? OR do you have to go to South Charlotte for the shopping?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 02:08 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Mostly to Pineville, NC, SW Charlotte (which is 1 mile away to the big Rivergate shopping center), or to Rock Hill, SC. It all really depends on what part of Fort Mill you are in for what's closest. We are closer to the Ballantyne area of Charlotte than anyhting else. The Harris Teeter they are building in Charlotte at Ardrey Kell and 521 is the same distance (but an easier drive) as the one in Fort Mill. Charlotte and Fort Mill are right next to each other, so there is a lot close by.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:42 AM

285 posts, read 1,020,300 times
There's plenty of grocery and drug stores throughout Fort Mill, and Wal-Mart soon in Tega Cay.

You will need to travel a little to get to malls such as Carolina Place in Pineville (10-15 min drive probably). Also, everything shopping is available in Rock Hill, about the same amount of time depending on where you live in Fort Mill. I find a better selection of shopping, within shorter distances, than I had living in a Virginia/Washington DC suburb. I found Garden Ridge (Pineville) and Hobby Lobby (Rock Hill) that I desperately missed in DC!

Also Ballantyne and South Park are shopping meccas that are less than 30 minutes drive.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:00 AM

If you end up on the east end of Fort Mill, Ballantyne is only 10 minutes. South Park Mall can be reached w/o interstate in 20 minutes from the east area. I used to work near there and that's how long it would take me to get home. Without traffic at 11pm of course. There are also a lot of nice shopping centers just off of Ballantyne Commons Pkwy.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:02 AM

8,046 posts, read 10,638,176 times
My mother lives in Fort Mill/Indian Land area. Strip Malls Abound (and they can't get them up quick enough)! You will have plenty of shopping options.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:20 PM

392 posts, read 1,184,024 times
If you need gifts or things for the home and such... There are a couple of well-merchandised shops I LOVE over in Fort Mill and Tega Cay...the very tasteful Olde Mill shop in Baxter Village (esp. love their furniture that is handcrafted in the USA) and A Southern Touch in the Lowe's food center up at the corner of 160 and Gold Hill in Tega Cay. Right now I'm burning a yummy Tyler candle I picked up at Southern Touch. This dang candle smells so good I just want to eat it. Nice stuff at both of those places. Nice owners, too. Enjoy!

Old 02-29-2008, 06:52 AM

I like the Old Mill Shoppe too. Wags of Baxter is good if you have dogs too. Chirp n Chatter is also nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties