Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 05:24 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
SO you have no clue about current events. Got it.
if you even think that Palin's reality show is "current events" you really need to get a grip and/or get a life....drivel, mindless garbage when so much more important issue should be being covered in the news.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:27 PM

97 posts, read 147,650 times
Funny thing is here so many people remark when they see my "Alaska Girls kick (expletive removed)" bumper sticker "Wow, I love your Governor! Does everyone love her there in Alaska that much!
I usually mumble under my breath something generic and walk away.
LOL

Old 11-16-2010, 05:30 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
Gag, sorry you have to go through that tamtbell!

Old 11-16-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamtbell View Post
Funny thing is here so many people remark when they see my "Alaska Girls kick (expletive removed)" bumper sticker "Wow, I love your Governor! Does everyone love her there in Alaska that much!
I usually mumble under my breath something generic and walk away.
LOL
ummm you live in Aberdeen MD and are sporting a bumper sticker of Palin??? WTH?!
edited: got it...Alaskan girls do kick butt but unfortunately that idjit is becoming the icon for Alaska in a bad way.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:52 PM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
ummm you live in Aberdeen MD and are sporting a bumper sticker of Palin??? WTH?!
edited: got it...Alaskan girls do kick butt but unfortunately that idjit is becoming the icon for Alaska in a bad way.
We here in MD are removed enough from Palin to love her (or pretend to) and get away with it. MD is blue as blue can be. But Sarah Palin is hot as hot can be (for a politician at least).

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
I would suspect that "ALASKA" was responsible for the ratings, Those who have been to Alaska know that descriptions are futile and photos, however nice, are, in reality, two dimensional representations that can not capture the beauty that is Alaska, even the air has a distinct flavor. The ex-governor is the political equivalent of Roberto Duran, she got tired of the job, did the "No Mas" thing in so many words, and went out looking for other things she could do halfway. Alaska is the draw, Palin was just there, gettin' in the way.
I would think the lower-48 was responsible for ratings, people already in AK should know better...Personally, I didn't see it, but after the commercials I couldn't go there....It appeared to sensationalism for her, not AK...Since when is it Sarah Palin's Alaska, except her interpretation...I wish they would have picked a real resident (without the media history) of AK to do this....

Last edited by Grannysroost; 11-16-2010 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: had to fix it, since she is a resident....

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Good point, gobrien!

Old 11-16-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I would think the lower-48 was responsible for ratings, people already in AK should know better...Personally, I didn't see it, but after the commercials I couldn't go there....It appeared to sensationalism for her, not AK...Since when is it Sarah Palin's Alaska, except her interpretation...I wish they would have picked a resident of AK to do this....
As hubby wanted to watch it we did...but turned it off not even 1/2 way into it....wish they had chosen someone who actually has raised their children to hunt, fish and contribute to Alaska and that Alaska is truly "their home Alaska" and not this bimbo who is more addicted to her blackberry and uses and intercom to tell her daughter that "boys" aren't allowed upstairs...granted a photo set up but she is far from the "wonderful Alaskan mother" that she is trying to portray....there are sooo many "real" alaskan families that this documentary could use...but again it is the bimbo mentality of the media that dictates what is on the boobtube these days.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:02 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
I watched the show because I like anything about Alaska. Although I like Palin in "general", I didn't care for the parts in reference to the writer that rented the house next door to do a trash book on the Palin's. Personally, I think not even talking about him would have made for a much better show. Plenty of time for the trash talk/book later, just not on a show that was suppose to be about Alaska per say.

As it was, it cheapened the show. Should have had nothing about politics in it, the "Alaska" part was the drawing card, and I think she may have hurt the shows ratings with it as the series goes on. If the intent was to sell politics, then I am disappointed and the title should reflect that instead.

The fake sneaking up the stairs by the daughter's boyfriend in front of the cameras was a bit much as well.

She does fine when doing her spots on Fox News and holds her own, but that could have been left out as well. It is kinda like the difference between eating a hot dog and going to the slaughter house to watch one being made... Not good.

Otherwise, I loved the flying, fishing, bears and other Alaska stuff.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:02 PM

860 posts, read 2,056,317 times
Didn't watch it. Won't watch it. She's a disgusting piece of trailer trash, Granny's right, this is not HER Alaska. She cares so much for Alaska she friggin quit, more money to be had from the -48 sheeple. What an embarrassment she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska