Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 03:12 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,886,698 times

Advertisements

I heard she has her own studio next to her house. I was actually tickled that she quit, she hadn't been doing her job since she got back.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:17 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo700 View Post
Sarah is like a momma grizzly running around the world protecting us like we are her baby cubs. She is like an eagle flying high above the rest of us and we can rest assured that when evil prevails she will swoop down and protect us.
More likely we'd be like a little rat in that eagles talons! Uggg, to even equate SaRAH RAH with a grizzly or an eagle should be illegal!

Old 11-17-2010, 03:26 PM

325 posts, read 706,240 times
I don't live in Alaska, but.......

Sarah Palin comes across as an immensely likeable person. Her actions, however, have left little doubt she is out for #1, and only that. There was no earthly reason for her to quit being Governor of Alaska, except to make money, which she has certainly done. In some ways, I can't blame her, but she should have served out her term and then not run for re election.

Transfer this scenario to the one that could happen if she(God forbid)becomes President. She has already proven herself to be a quitter, so what if she decides the Presidency is too much for her(which it surely will be)? Is that kind of temperament one this country deserves in it's leadership?

Think about it.

As for her TV show, it is a wonderful advertisement for the state of Alaska.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:46 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
^ Well yeah, I kinda figured she wasn't too highly regarded by Alaskans since she walked out on her job as governor.
Mostly because most people just watch the news and take it for face value. The National news outlets just said "Palin Quits", they didn't say why and most people don't know why, they just go along with the rest of the sheep and chant "Quitter".

Same as I hear people claiming she said "I can see Russia from my house", she didn't say that, Tina Fey did on a Saturday Night Live skit. But most people don't really pay attention to facts, because they aren't nearly that interesting or basically smart enough to know reality from fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psyo4JDbJJ4

Old 11-17-2010, 06:52 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
I just read where Bristol has once again been voted to continue on. I guess this has turned into a popularity contest and is no longer a dancing competition. So be it.

BUT, a guy here in WI found his own way to express his feelings on Bristol and DWTS.

Bristol Palin's dancing prompts man to shoot his TV - JSOnline
It always was a popularity contest, that is why it is on TV.... It is called "Ratings"

Old 11-17-2010, 07:51 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_Lanctot View Post
There was no earthly reason for her to quit being Governor of Alaska
Actually, there were two "earthly reasons" why she quit her job: 1) The frivolous ethics complaints prevented her from doing her job as Governor of Alaska; and 2) In a six month period she accumulated over $500,000 in legal fees.

How long would you stay at a job that: 1) you weren't allowed to perform because of other frivolous distractions; and 2) cost you eight times more than you made from the job? Not long I would imagine.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:03 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
More likely we'd be like a little rat in that eagles talons! Uggg, to even equate SaRAH RAH with a grizzly or an eagle should be illegal!
It should. And she should be the one being hunted. Mother grizzly? Please. More like a pitbull with lipstick

As a Californian, I am offended that she dared use our state mascot to promote her vile agenda

Old 11-17-2010, 09:30 PM

313 posts, read 324,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
It should. And she should be the one being hunted. Mother grizzly? Please. More like a pitbull with lipstick

As a Californian, I am offended that she dared use our state mascot to promote her vile agenda
Lune, you guys killed all your Grizzly bears, now all you have are trespassers from down below. Embrace the momma grizzly.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:10 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
One doesn't have to be a member of the so-called 'liberal left' (I sure as heck am not) to either vigorously dislike Mrs Palin, or to call bull**** on constantly being labeled a 'liberal leftie' because one isn't running around with their lips stitched to her fanny...

Newsflash...sorry if you don't like the way this forum leans, but as long as people have breath, brain cells, opinions, and working computers, they can and will post their feelings on this forum...that includes conservatives and liberals alike, as well as Alaskans and non-Alaskans...if that braids the hair in your armpits, tough tomatoes---I am an adult and will not suffer labels placed on me because of my disdain for that shrill-voiced, gramatically-challenged, pseudo-influential political-kingmaker wannabe, or her alleged teen advocate non-dancing offspring...is that direct enough for you?

Liberal left, my suffering a**...that's just an off the cuff way to lump anyone who dares not to kneel and fawn at her feet into one handy little pigeonhole, or anyone else that has the stones to open their mouths and say 'wait a minute---you don't speak for me!'

And as an afterthought, Alaska is one of the most breathtakingly beautiful places in America, if not the world...if she were serving as a travel guide of sorts, giving us insight into how Alaskans work, play, and generally live life, then I could table my dislike and give her a 'mulligan', so to speak...

But I'm sorry, she spoils the whole shooting match as soon as I hear that roofing-nails on a blackboard voice of hers, and also subjects us, Jon and Kate style, to the comings and goings of her family...I'd like to see and hear more about Alaska, not hear her whinily lecture her daughter about 'no boys upstairs'...
But one thing that's quite nice about the US is that one does not have to watch nor listen to anything one does not want to.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:17 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
She is working on creating and maintaining a "brand" which has no substance and says what she thinks you want to hear. Spouts off a lot of nonsense that triggers good feelings in those who don't know they are being manipulated.
Something like "snake oil"? How about a car dealer trying to sell you a car, or CNN presenting its viewership with their version of the news, or FOX presenting its viewership with their version of the same news?

Palin is not doing anything more than trying to persuade you or sell you her points of view, and so everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska