Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2010, 07:45 PM

2,179 posts, read 7,374,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
^ Well yeah, I kinda figured she wasn't too highly regarded by Alaskans since she walked out on her job as governor. Still, I really don't know anyone who likes her, and yet apparently she has a big fan base. I will say this though: she will never be elected President ::knocks on wood:: because she just doesn't know much about serving in public office. That is why she was a poor choice as VP: sheer lack of experience. Admittedly, Obama had a severe lack of experience himself, but he was a slick enough talker to fool everyone into voting for him. The guy is outrageous. But that's for another thread on another day. I am registered as an unaffiliated voter, and I vote as such. My ballot usually contains at least one vote for each party. That being said, I am no fan of Palin. She is just a bit extreme, and I can't vote for anyone who is extreme to the right or to the left.

So, how often is ole Sarah youbetcha even in Alaska these days? She's a pundit on Fox, according to you guys, so how can she possibly live in Alaska? It's not like Fox has a studio up there. Or do they? How could a person live in the most isolated state in the country (besides possibly Hawaii) and still appear all over the lower 48 on such a regular basis? There's no way she's at home more often than one or two days a week, IF that.
21st century technology, she has a studio in here out building on the second floor, these things called satellites make this possible

Old 11-24-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
What angers me were the anti-American communists who filed all those frivolous ethics complaints, knowing that they were frivolous, that prevented her from doing the job that she was elected to do. Had she stayed, you would be complaining that for two years she did nothing but defend herself. So quit or stay, there is no making the anti-American communists happy. They want to see her destroyed, period, and they don't care what they do to the state or others in order to accomplish their anti-American communist agenda.

Liberals have no honor, dignity, or character. So there would never be a liberal who resigns for the State's best interests in mind. Liberals are only interested in their own selfish interests, to hell with everyone else.
touch'e

Old 11-24-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
You keep servin 'em up, and I'll keep on knockin 'em out of the park...

You can call me or anybody else that doesn't agree with you, any kind of anti-Joe LaFungo names you want, if it puts a smile on your face and a skip in your step...

But know that we will all sleep very well at night, every last American-citizen one of us, knowing that our lives are not adversely impacted by some delusional individual in Alaska, and his quest to yell 'nanny nanny boo-boo, yer a commmmmiiieee!', and advance some warped agenda claiming 'disingenuous canards' on those that don't give a rat's a** and a bag of stale bread about name-calling, labeling, and claims that there is some defective gene in us...

What utter childish, time-wasting nonsense...I would suggest that you find something better to occupy your time, because playing the role of 'internet philosopher' is something you should obviously omit from your resume'

We're Americans, we're going to speak our minds and live our lives as we see fit, and will pay little or no attention to your 'anti-American' rants, no matter how much it makes you screw up your face and frown, so deal with it
whaaaa????????????

Old 11-24-2010, 08:52 PM

693 posts, read 1,605,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yeah I guess....wtf.
Please get better soon...so you can take care of business.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:03 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,018,605 times
I was forced to sit through a few minutes of the show last night and couldn't believe my eyes. In this episode, Sarah and her kids were attempting to "filet" some salmon. It's clear that they were utterly clueless about what they were doing. In fact, they even mentioned a few times that it was their first time ever doing this. The end products also reflected this. The poor salmon "fillets" looked like the had been hacked out with a chainsaw.

As I suspected, these people have been fakers this entire time.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:09 PM

941 posts, read 1,792,019 times
What is happening to CD List? It appears from the rantings of the new comers we have degenerated into a bunch of lost souls. I almost blame our education system when people without any literary ability are given computers, taught to use them after a fashion, and then turned loose in some public wifii pub with no supervision. Maybe we should just boycott their inane posts and hope they go away but that is probably a futile thought.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:13 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,226,296 times
Something about the whole show is 'fake'. I tried to watch it...but it's incredibly boring. I'm done, I tried....I just couldn't take it anymore.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:22 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,401,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
The show is a farce, once was enough.....her squawking makes me wanna puke, as it must others also as the viewers apparently dropped right off after show #1

Her & her crappolla isn't at all representative of Alaska.
Thank-you!!

Old 12-06-2010, 11:20 AM

1,272 posts, read 2,372,297 times
You have to get past the fact it's not a show about Alaska but about Mrs P's political agenda and beliefs.
Then you can sit back, enjoy the scenery of Alaska and just laugh at the things she says.
Just watched the episode where she went hunting and went on and on about how Alaskans hunt to fill their freezers.
She was hunting 600 miles north of her home.
What I was curious about is how many Alaskans actually do this?
Not the hunting I mean but the taking the flight north to camp, hopping another plane to get to where one can hunt?

Old 12-06-2010, 12:06 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,286,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykat View Post
Just watched the episode where she went hunting and went on and on about how Alaskans hunt to fill their freezers.
She was hunting 600 miles north of her home.
What I was curious about is how many Alaskans actually do this?
Not the hunting I mean but the taking the flight north to camp, hopping another plane to get to where one can hunt?
My boss has done that, plus driven way up the Dalton for caribou hunts (probably about 600 miles), gone out on airboats in the Copper River delta to hunt moose, and even gone to Africa on a hunting trip. If you've got the money and that's what you want to do, go for it! People spend gobs of money on all sorts of hobbies, why not one where you can fill up your freezer too?

That said, I happened to see that this was on last night and caught ten minutes or so just out of curiosity (they were on a halibut charter and then at a processing plant in Homer). The thing that really struck me was how wimpy she seemed. Not exactly the intrepid outdoorswoman. She talked about how strange halibut look as if she'd never seen one before.

Last edited by tigre79; 12-06-2010 at 12:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska