Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:45 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Bristol and Willow on Facebook going back and forth with some other kids about their moms show -- and other stuff that's only relevant to kids. Nothings private on the internet. You want privacy? There's always Dear Diary.

Willow Palin Facebook Posts: Homophobic Slurs, Curse Words & More (PHOTOS)

LOL, use to be words that were used when I was a kid are now describing something very different, so a bunch of 16 years olds screaming them may be a much different narrative nowadays than when I first heard them used.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:46 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamtbell View Post
Funny thing is here so many people remark when they see my "Alaska Girls kick (expletive removed)" bumper sticker "Wow, I love your Governor! Does everyone love her there in Alaska that much!
I usually mumble under my breath something generic and walk away.
LOL
Again, she is not loved very much in this forum. But you have to take into consideration that a lot of people in Alaska do like Palin, specially the Republicans and a lot of "undeclared" voters (independent). The Democrats and a lot of Liberals don't like her at all. And some Republicans, don't like her either.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I would think the lower-48 was responsible for ratings, people already in AK should know better...Personally, I didn't see it, but after the commercials I couldn't go there....It appeared to sensationalism for her, not AK...Since when is it Sarah Palin's Alaska, except her interpretation...I wish they would have picked a real resident (without the media history) of AK to do this....
It's her show. Isn't it? How can you separate the two (Alaska/Palin)?

Old 11-16-2010, 08:50 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post

The kids don't fish, it was clear they didn't know how to cast or reel in the line to get a hit. Todd clearly did, but that seemed to be about it.
I agree that Todd seemed to be the only one who knew what he was doing.

What some of us object to is the constant hype making the entire Palin family out to be commercial fishermen....more of that "real American" bs they spoon fed to the lower 48. That was a big deal during the election and it's an insult to those of us who really do live that lifestyle.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
It's her show. Isn't it? How can you separate the two (Alaska/Palin)?
I can separate the two quite easily. My life in Alaska has nothing to do with the former gov. and never did. She's a curiosity piece and nothing else.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
That's kind of wimpy, to quit because someone was "makin' stuff up". What kind of a person rolls over like that? If I was innocent I'd go to the grave to prove it.
It's not wimpy if your legals fees for your defense has already reached the $45K mark... in just four or five out of 19 ethical complains made This about it

Old 11-16-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I can separate the two quite easily. My life in Alaska has nothing to do with the former gov. and never did. She's a curiosity piece and nothing else.
But it's her show.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
It's not wimpy if your legals fees for your defense has already reached the $45K mark... in just four or five out of 19 ethical complains made This about it

Her legal defense bills were at about $500,000.00+-, had heard the amount once, but forgot it, regardless it was huge by my standards. After a legal defense fund was set up, it was decided by "Whomever" that she couldn't use it as Govenor, so she resigned under the debt. It was also costing the State Millions more to investigate the bogus claims as well, all of which were shown to be false.

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/032209/sta_413174352.shtml

Palin's legal fees exceed $500,000
Governor's legal fees stack up as she fights ethics complaints

The Associated Press

ANCHORAGE - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin may create a legal fund to pay off more than $500,000 in legal fees she has run up defending herself against ethics complaints.
Palin owes more that half a million dollars to an Anchorage law firm for fighting complaints that the governor called partisan, false and frivolous, starting with "the politically motivated Troopergate probe." In a written response to questions from the Anchorage Daily News, Palin said the legal bills all stem from her actions as governor.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
But it's her show.
I didn't watch her show. I chose to spend my time in other ways.

I won't go into her legal bills and I'm quite sure that Van Flein sharked her out of some serious cash, but that isn't uncommon at all among public figures. But her PAC fund covered most of them.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I agree that Todd seemed to be the only one who knew what he was doing.

What some of us object to is the constant hype making the entire Palin family out to be commercial fishermen....more of that "real American" bs they spoon fed to the lower 48. That was a big deal during the election and it's an insult to those of us who really do live that lifestyle.
Well that was sport fishing, not the gillnet that they use when they fish as a family at the fish camp. So they "May" be good at doing that, but is a horse of a different color. They may show them doing that in a later show... or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska