Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 04:34 PM

97 posts, read 147,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
One doesn't have to be a member of the so-called 'liberal left' (I sure as heck am not) to either vigorously dislike Mrs Palin, or to call bull**** on constantly being labeled a 'liberal leftie' because one isn't running around with their lips stitched to her fanny...

Newsflash...sorry if you don't like the way this forum leans, but as long as people have breath, brain cells, opinions, and working computers, they can and will post their feelings on this forum...that includes conservatives and liberals alike, as well as Alaskans and non-Alaskans...if that braids the hair in your armpits, tough tomatoes---I am an adult and will not suffer labels placed on me because of my disdain for that shrill-voiced, gramatically-challenged, pseudo-influential political-kingmaker wannabe, or her alleged teen advocate non-dancing offspring...is that direct enough for you?

Liberal left, my suffering a**...that's just an off the cuff way to lump anyone who dares not to kneel and fawn at her feet into one handy little pigeonhole, or anyone else that has the stones to open their mouths and say 'wait a minute---you don't speak for me!'

And as an afterthought, Alaska is one of the most breathtakingly beautiful places in America, if not the world...if she were serving as a travel guide of sorts, giving us insight into how Alaskans work, play, and generally live life, then I could table my dislike and give her a 'mulligan', so to speak...

But I'm sorry, she spoils the whole shooting match as soon as I hear that roofing-nails on a blackboard voice of hers, and also subjects us, Jon and Kate style, to the comings and goings of her family...I'd like to see and hear more about Alaska, not hear her whinily lecture her daughter about 'no boys upstairs'...

And this is the sourdough outlook that I love. Truly.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:54 PM

437 posts, read 816,205 times
Yeah, I watched it but next time it's on I'm going to turn off the volume. Scenery was great, her voice, not so much.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:12 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettjr View Post
What does being a liberal or a conservative have to do with anything? She quit her last three jobs and four colleges. She was elected to public service and quit as soon as she was able to get lucrative book deals, TV appearances, and speaking fees. In her bizarre rambling exit speech she never said anything about "I have to leave this job because legal fees are piling up and they are too much to bare". It sounds like something she is making up after the fact.

She quit on the people to cash in and do reality TV shows, and I can't believe that doesn't anger you. Ask yourself if a liberal governor had done that would it have made you mad; if the answer is yes I think you should be mad here too.
What angers me were the anti-American communists who filed all those frivolous ethics complaints, knowing that they were frivolous, that prevented her from doing the job that she was elected to do. Had she stayed, you would be complaining that for two years she did nothing but defend herself. So quit or stay, there is no making the anti-American communists happy. They want to see her destroyed, period, and they don't care what they do to the state or others in order to accomplish their anti-American communist agenda.

Liberals have no honor, dignity, or character. So there would never be a liberal who resigns for the State's best interests in mind. Liberals are only interested in their own selfish interests, to hell with everyone else.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:15 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,886,698 times
Replace the word "liberal" with "Palin" and you will have it right.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:17 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamtbell View Post
And this is the sourdough outlook that I love. Truly.
A sourdough from Middleton, Ohio? Okay, yea sure you-betcha.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:17 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,740,416 times
hopefully this link works..here ya go girlfriend who could not post this....

Stephen Colbert's Report - The Colbert Report - 11/16/10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Old 11-18-2010, 05:39 PM

97 posts, read 147,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
A sourdough from Middleton, Ohio? Okay, yea sure you-betcha.
Haha nada. Alaskan Sourdough.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:46 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times
Quote:
What angers me were the anti-American communists who filed all those frivolous ethics complaints, knowing that they were frivolous, that prevented her from doing the job that she was elected to do. Had she stayed, you would be complaining that for two years she did nothing but defend herself. So quit or stay, there is no making the anti-American communists happy. They want to see her destroyed, period, and they don't care what they do to the state or others in order to accomplish their anti-American communist agenda.
Holy smokes. I don't believe I'll ever be able to apply antiperspirant again w/o feeling like I'm the son of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg.

And eating any foods that contain antioxidants is certainly out of the question.

And putting antifreeze in my cars radiator will never happen again. I'm boycotting anything and everything anti.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:37 PM

941 posts, read 1,793,109 times
Quote:
Okay, yea sure you-betcha.
Glitch Is there any chance your previous names might happen to be Joseph McCarthy or did you just happen along as an illegitimate offspring of that rabble rouser? Your accusations are worse than any I recall from that Senator who was the only possibility for the Senate to have been worse that the recently defeated Joe MULE; (the illegitimate offspring of of a donkey and a failed female horse(A**).) which of course doesn't excuse your aberrant behavior.

You are so far away from being rationale in your statements that at times I find my self ROTFLMAO because your premise doesn't even exist in the same universe as your conclusion.

Last edited by Rance; 11-19-2010 at 01:17 AM..

Old 11-18-2010, 09:18 PM

313 posts, read 324,813 times
Glitch,
Keep it up you are starting to wear them down. All your post have been rational and to the point. Unlike your opponents who have been babbling like someone unhooked their telepromter. I am starting to think there is something in the tea that they drink and not their fault for the lack of rational thought. The truth will always defeat mudslinging
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska