Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 05:00 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,780,794 times

Advertisements

I don't "dislike" Obama, he seems like a really nice guy. Of course he isn't as warm and fuzzy as W was and W was the worst US pres in modern US history (he knocked Carter right off that pedestal) I just don't think Obama has the experience or qualifications to be pres......which is becoming obvious. Neither does Palin. Between the two I think Palin is slightly less unqualified
because at least she has experience as an administrator and Obama's only experience is campaigning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 07:09 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
I don't "dislike" Obama, he seems like a really nice guy. Of course he isn't as warm and fuzzy as W was and W was the worst US pres in modern US history (he knocked Carter right off that pedestal) I just don't think Obama has the experience or qualifications to be pres......which is becoming obvious. Neither does Palin. Between the two I think Palin is slightly less unqualified
because at least she has experience as an administrator and Obama's only experience is campaigning.
Having experience at it and being good at it are two different things. There were so many petty squabbles going on when she was administering the state and Wasilla.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:06 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
Why are there two threads on painin? I mean palin.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Having experience at it and being good at it are two different things. There were so many petty squabbles going on when she was administering the state and Wasilla.
This is true but Obama isn't doing so good either. It really depends on the people the pres hires to do his job for him.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:45 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
All he did was to screw-up everything, one by one. For example:

a. Continuing the bail-outs Bush started
b. Bush left behind a $1-trillion deficit, and Obama tripled that amount within 18 months in office
c. Bush left wars taking place, and Obama continued them just the same
d. Obama, with the help of Congress under Pelosi, passed a healthcare bill that a majority of Americans did not want, and still don't to this day
e. Obama decided to process the prisoners in Guantanamo through civilian courts, instead of military courts, and it has turned the whole thing into a big mess
A. I give you that one
B. because of the bailouts
C. at least Obama is winding them down
d. Show me proof the majority didn't want it. Most polls prove the majority
does want it.
e. What mess? you do know that Bush sent more prisoners to federal court
than were prosecuted by the military? And that the military tribunals
have a poor record of prosecutions.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:48 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
I like Palin but I would like to see her move a little closer to the center. I would feel better with her at the helm then Obama. That being said she doesn't have a chance with the media hating her as much as they do. Nixon could have told her that.
Sorry but the media loves her. They show her face everyday. She has screwed everything up hersef. Only her Tea Party subjects like their Queen.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Sorry but the media loves her. They show her face everyday. She has screwed everything up hersef. Only her Tea Party subjects like their Queen.
You are delusional. Even the right wing (Fox) media isn't crazy about her. The left wing (all the rest) media foam at the mouth at the mention of her name. Then you have people like letterman and his peers making jokes about her. No pres can survive that night after night no matter how popular they are with voters. Ask Jerry Ford......well no not him, he's dead.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The media does not love her in the sense that they are pro-Palin, what they love is the attention she gets, positive and negative. It helps their ratings.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
This is true but Obama isn't doing so good either. It really depends on the people the pres hires to do his job for him.
I don't think there is a single thing anyone would be happy about right now due to the state of the economy, short of sending everyone a $1 million dollar check and passing on the cost to a country we don't like.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:31 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Yikes!!!

Are the posters on here from Alaska? Too bad it's such a beautiful state. Just not very friendly I would guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska