Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 01:23 PM

284 posts, read 405,133 times

Advertisements

I caught part of the Alaska Bush Family or whatever its called last week. They portrayed them coming up on a brownie--the one guy pulled his rifle up to scope him and didn't have his scope caps opened and in the next frame, the same guy had a rifle in hand with no scope on it! That program is total crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 01:43 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Watched this weeks Alaska the last frontier and it was exceptionally good, enjoyed what they did with the show....

The Bush People sucks....and so do a lot of others, however, I watch them, except for the Bush people.....

Old 01-19-2015, 05:43 PM

18 posts, read 26,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rntim View Post
I caught part of the Alaska Bush Family or whatever its called last week. They portrayed them coming up on a brownie--the one guy pulled his rifle up to scope him and didn't have his scope caps opened and in the next frame, the same guy had a rifle in hand with no scope on it! That program is total crap.
I kept seeing the commercial for Alaskan Bush people and they kept saying they were building “Brown town”…. I say if it’s brown flush it down….

Old 01-20-2015, 10:56 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,574,734 times
I love the Kilchers and the show, even if it's hyped. They do a good job directing and producing it and I love all the characters' personalities, the warm helpful community they create with neighbors, and their integrity and values without being preachy. The cinematography is really well done -- sometimes I pause it just to capture the amazing landscapes.
I'm a big gardener, so love to see how Eve grows their food there with all those growing challenges.

The Alaskan Bush People are just plain creepy. Can't watch the show.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:02 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I love the Kilchers and the show, even if it's hyped. They do a good job directing and producing it and I love all the characters' personalities, the warm helpful community they create with neighbors, and their integrity and values without being preachy. The cinematography is really well done -- sometimes I pause it just to capture the amazing landscapes.
I'm a big gardener, so love to see how Eve grows their food there with all those growing challenges.

The Alaskan Bush People are just plain creepy. Can't watch the show.
can't agree more....

Eve is such a nice woman...well, they all are....I love them.....

yanno when Atz is riding out on the range, he oft times has a paint horse by his side, and I'm wondering if it helps to train them that way, if that horse, is the son or daughter of the horse he is riding....and he is simply training it?

Old 01-20-2015, 11:15 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,671,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad28 View Post
I kept seeing the commercial for Alaskan Bush people and they kept saying they were building “Brown town”…. I say if it’s brown flush it down….
Ha Ha Ha, you must be from California when durning the last drought the theme was:

If it is yellow - let it mellow, if it is brown - flush it down.

I also enjoy the Last Frontier as the people do apear real with honest values. I'm more used to dairy farming and my DH is totally vegetarian so killing animals makes me turn away. On the Christmas segment where they were making the canned soup I wanted to grab my cookbooks and send them recipes to share, but they do just fine without me. Love watching the horses on the range as it reminds me of riding in the Superstion Mtns. in my younger and more flexible days. Those old guys (now my age range) really make feel like a whimp!

Wish them all the very best health and happiness in the future.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:42 PM

77 posts, read 104,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
can't agree more....

Eve is such a nice woman...well, they all are....I love them.....

yanno when Atz is riding out on the range, he oft times has a paint horse by his side, and I'm wondering if it helps to train them that way, if that horse, is the son or daughter of the horse he is riding....and he is simply training it?

I believe in one of the kilcher revealed episodes he says he likes to take a younger horse to ride next to him to get it used to range riding and train exactly how you were wondering.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:15 PM

18 posts, read 26,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Ha Ha Ha, you must be from California when durning the last drought the theme was:

If it is yellow - let it mellow, if it is brown - flush it down.
Currently I’m in Colorado and we often refer to that as mountain rules…

Old 01-20-2015, 07:48 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,137,109 times
The brown family seems to all be on a drugs....strange bunch.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:57 PM

35 posts, read 57,311 times
I can't be the only one who finds it strange that the grown sons in the Brown family do not want to go out on their own and make their own lives and families. That whole bunch is extremely weird!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska