Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 04:09 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,189,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
I have no issue with candidates running for higher office resigning if elected. Our system of tiered offices makes common and acceptable, as far as I am concerned. So the resignations of offices by those such as Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, JFK, FDR, and so forth, to say nothing of those who would have had to resign if elected - Paul Ryan, McCain and Palin, Reagan (the first time he sought the GOP nomination in 1968 when he was still Governor, etc.).

I have a massive issue, however, with those who can't be bothered to complete their terms because they get bored or don't like it or scored some cushy job - K Street, talking head, whatever. In the case of Palin, it was cashing in with a book of ghosts-written banalities (serving as Governor would have prevented her 11-week book tour) and a reality TV show ().

Yep!!!! She just quit and left us hanging!!! I will never forget that and wonder if she got into another government job if she would probably quit because she had a hair appointment conflict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 11:03 PM

10,557 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
She quit after her and McCain lost. She was still governor while running for VP.

Regardless of the reasons she gave for quitting, it was plainly obvious that she quit because she could make a lot more money doing something else.
Right, for some reason I was thinking she quit earlier.
In hindsight she should have quit earlier because her obsession with falling poll numbers in Alaska seemed to be a distraction from running for VP.

She could have easily cashed in while remaining as governor. I don’t think it was about the money.

She quit the job and now Todd has quit on her.

Old 09-15-2019, 11:16 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,189,020 times
Or she quit on Todd?

Old 09-16-2019, 10:14 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music_Man View Post
Or she quit on Todd?
Which, statistically, is FAR more likely. In America 75% of divorces are initiated by the woman. In the socio-economic subset of Americans the Palin's inhabit 90% of divorces are initiated by the woman.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:58 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,809,001 times
As far as I know, the Palins are doing something that was once quite common - declining to comment publicly about their private lives while their marriage collapses. I hope it stays that way. Not even Fox News has talked much about it. I know some people would love for this to turn into a Jon versus Kate-style tabloid-enabled smear campaign, but I don’t. I’ve known a few people who have divorced as their marriages approach the 25th anniversary, and I’m not happy about it.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:50 PM

885 posts, read 624,546 times
In the Palin family, you will now have a divorce, along with an out of wedlock mother who physically attacked a guest (Bristol), and domestic violence arrests and drunken bar brawls (Track).

Sarah Palin once stated that the Obamas were not fit to occupy the White House?!

Old 09-16-2019, 07:11 PM

10,557 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearwest View Post
In the Palin family, you will now have a divorce, along with an out of wedlock mother who physically attacked a guest (Bristol), and domestic violence arrests and drunken bar brawls (Track).

Sarah Palin once stated that the Obamas were not fit to occupy the White House?!
Track assaulted both his father and his wife.

Maybe divorce was Sarah’s idea-who knows-but Todd was the one to file and get a lawyer involved, apparently.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:07 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
The fact that she resigned halfway through her term as governor is why I refuse to take her seriously as a politician and why I will never ever vote for her. People wanted her to be president. Sorry honey, if you can't handle Juneau you don't deserve to be in DC.
Same. It doesn't help that she adopted this public persona that was almost a caricature of her previous public self around that same time. I don't know whether she lost her marbles, or if it was just playing to the crowds, but before the national attention she always seemed basically reasonable to me, even if her accomplishments and positions were rather insubstantial.

Seemed like the more time she spent away from home the MORE exaggerated her accent became, lol.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:53 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Same. It doesn't help that she adopted this public persona that was almost a caricature of her previous public self around that same time. I don't know whether she lost her marbles, or if it was just playing to the crowds, but before the national attention she always seemed basically reasonable to me, even if her accomplishments and positions were rather insubstantial.

Seemed like the more time she spent away from home the MORE exaggerated her accent became, lol.
McCain only chose her because he was running against a black guy. What better way to fight that then some folksy woman? I actually remember people saying they would vote for McCain because they liked Palin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearwest View Post

Bristol attacked a guest? I didn't know that. I remember Track (what is with these moronic names?) getting in trouble for assault and his mommy tried to blame Obama somehow. Their stupidity knows no bounds. If you just heard these stories without knowing who they are you would picture a scene from Cops and Todd would be arrested in the front yard without a shirt and Sarah would be telling them not to take him away.

I mean who gives a **** about their politics how does anyone think these people deserve to be in public office?

Old 09-16-2019, 11:00 PM

2,043 posts, read 1,659,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
McCain only chose her because he was running against a black guy. What better way to fight that then some folksy woman? I actually remember people saying they would vote for McCain because they liked Palin.

Bristol attacked a guest? I didn't know that. I remember Track (what is with these moronic names?) getting in trouble for assault and his mommy tried to blame Obama somehow. Their stupidity knows no bounds. If you just heard these stories without knowing who they are you would picture a scene from Cops and Todd would be arrested in the front yard without a shirt and Sarah would be telling them not to take him away.

I mean who gives a **** about their politics how does anyone think these people deserve to be in public office?

Ha! It was more than just Bristol attacking a guest. She attacked the host of a birthday party and the whole family was involved in a ruckus.

You can't make this stuff up!

https://www.adn.com/politics/article...ed/2014/10/22/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska