Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 10:25 AM

1,960 posts, read 4,663,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rntim View Post
All this crap talk! Who cares, really?! Its their personal stuff and has nothing to do with politics.
But it does though. Social conservative politics are replete with hypocrisy by the peddlers of such Gilead wet dreams, and the orthodox followers of such repressive politics think it's par for the course as long as it pushes forth their agenda (aka willing to look the other way). But the second the hypocrisy of the mouthpieces is called out in public it's all of a sudden blasphemy? Nah, good for the goose, good for the gander.

Now, for be more nuanced, the Palins are just another for-rent figure heads. They never actually subscribed to the social conservative gargabe they fronted under. It's all machinations for the sake of personal enrichment, which is a different criticism altogether than merely having a difference of opinion on the political agenda front. In short, these are not honest actors even in the context of the political debate. It's all a personal enrichment scheme, the politics are just a trojan horse of little personal consequence to them as private grifters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 12:50 PM

10,557 posts, read 7,758,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rntim View Post
All this crap talk! Who cares, really?! Its their personal stuff and has nothing to do with politics.
It may have something to do with politics. Sarah said last year that “we’re not going to be holed up in Wasilla for the rest of our lives”. She still has political aspirations, and perhaps Todd wants nothing to do with it.

Besides, what’s wrong with a little gossip? Good grief, this is social media!

Old 09-27-2019, 05:43 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
But it does though. Social conservative politics are replete with hypocrisy by the peddlers of such Gilead wet dreams, and the orthodox followers of such repressive politics think it's par for the course as long as it pushes forth their agenda (aka willing to look the other way). But the second the hypocrisy of the mouthpieces is called out in public it's all of a sudden blasphemy? Nah, good for the goose, good for the gander.

Now, for be more nuanced, the Palins are just another for-rent figure heads. They never actually subscribed to the social conservative gargabe they fronted under. It's all machinations for the sake of personal enrichment, which is a different criticism altogether than merely having a difference of opinion on the political agenda front. In short, these are not honest actors even in the context of the political debate. It's all a personal enrichment scheme, the politics are just a trojan horse of little personal consequence to them as private grifters.
I don’t think Todd enjoyed the spotlight so much.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:12 AM

8,484 posts, read 6,891,592 times
And I think perhaps the family finances took a nose dive once Palin’s talk show and appearance bookings dried up. What did hubby do anyway in the way of a job?

Old 09-27-2019, 10:21 AM

10,557 posts, read 7,758,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
And I think perhaps the family finances took a nose dive once Palin’s talk show and appearance bookings dried up. What did hubby do anyway in the way of a job?
He probably makes a good wage-Oil field worker.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:53 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
It may have something to do with politics. Sarah said last year that “we’re not going to be holed up in Wasilla for the rest of our lives”. She still has political aspirations, and perhaps Todd wants nothing to do with it.

Besides, what’s wrong with a little gossip? Good grief, this is social media!
I don’t think she has political aspirations. Maybe she wants to get back in the spotlight. McCain never should have chosen here as his running mate. It went to her head.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:06 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,897 times
I think some of you like to gossip and use vulgar phrases and make political posts.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:53 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
I think some of you like to gossip and use vulgar phrases and make political posts.
Correct. I love all three of these things. What else is social media for?

Old 09-27-2019, 09:46 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
Good Gawd! I thought my thread would produce a couple of responses, but apparently there are a lot of opinions on the former Governor and VP candidate. Didn't mean to open such a large can of worms. But have at it!

Old 09-28-2019, 02:57 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,189,207 times
They are a "Can Of Worms"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska