Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 11:34 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,177,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Given all that's been done by those who came after Bill Clinton I don't see how you could say this.

The media has strung up several liberal politicians and celebrities alike since the Clinton embarrassment. Anthony Weiner, Eliot Spitzer, Rod Blagojevich, Al Franken, Jon Conyers, John Edwards, Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein, etc. Therefore, 4dog's statement is easily said. Perceived liberals do not get the benefit of the doubt anymore than anyone else. The rightists really need to stop playing the victim because they aren't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 06:39 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
The media has strung up several liberal politicians and celebrities alike since the Clinton embarrassment. Anthony Weiner, Eliot Spitzer, Rod Blagojevich, Al Franken, Jon Conyers, John Edwards, Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein, etc. Therefore, 4dog's statement is easily said. Perceived liberals do not get the benefit of the doubt anymore than anyone else. The rightists really need to stop playing the victim because they aren't.
Barry and Mooch have escaped unscathed by the media as has Hellary. For now. Surely you don't believe they are pure and innocent.

If so, the FNM has succeeded in what their agenda is.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:03 AM

336 posts, read 575,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Wow, your parents renamed you? That's pretty awesome.

I actually like the name my parents gave me so it's a non issue. And I like my husband's last name better than my maiden name and it goes fine with my given name. So I'm good to go. But my husband and I have always agreed that life is too short to go through it with a bad name. And if I had a funky last name I'd change it too. I promise!

Anyway, I have always hated the Palins' names for their kids. I mean, Bristol is the most palatable one to me, but come on - Trig? Track? Piper? (Willow is fine, I guess - but it doesn't seem to "go" with the other names.) Are these pet names? Names of horses? I mean, that's what they sound like to me.

I knew when I heard those names, "These folks ain't got no sense."
I've heard names that some celebrities name their kids. A lot worse than these.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:15 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
[b]The media has strung up several liberal politicians and celebrities alike since the Clinton embarrassment. Anthony Weiner, Eliot Spitzer, Rod Blagojevich, Al Franken, Jon Conyers, John Edwards, Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein, etc. Therefore, 4dog's statement is easily said. Perceived liberals do not get the benefit of the doubt anymore than anyone else. The rightists really need to stop playing the victim because they aren't.

You need to reread both 4dog's post and my reply again (and perhaps read more of 4dog's posts to know where he is coming from).

In actuality, your post above = agrees with me/proves my point, and disagrees with 4dog.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:

Ah, now I see one thing that happened.

4 dog replied to me with a post that had only a couple of key words that were different from mine, and you thought you were replying to me above, but you clicked on 4 dogs 90+% 'word similar' post instead.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Given all that's been done by those who came after Bill Clinton I don't see how you could say this.

A deflection ^^^^^.

You mentioned that leftists could cheat on their spouses and it wouldn't get reported on in the news. I was just pointing out a glaring example that show's you're wrong.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:51 AM

3 posts, read 3,291 times
Default The Internet Breeds Rudeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Wow, the internet does bring out the complete rudeness in people.
Thanks for your comment. I happen to like Sarah Palin and I think she never has received the respect she should have received. It is always a good idea to not wish bad things on others as you may find yourself in the same or worse spot someday. Would you want everyone to look down on you? Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:41 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Barry and Mooch have escaped unscathed by the media as has Hellary. For now. Surely you don't believe they are pure and innocent.

If so, the FNM has succeeded in what their agenda is.
I don't know who Mooch and FNM are, but when did Obama or Hillary have sex scandals? And when were they aligned with moral-majority Falwell types?

Old 09-13-2019, 12:01 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Exclamation Hey NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I don't know who Mooch and FNM are, but when did Obama or Hillary have sex scandals? And when were they aligned with moral-majority Falwell types?
FNM is shorthand (I believe) for 'Fake News Media' which equals anything to the left of Fox News

'Mooch' is an alarmingly unclever nickname for a 2-time former sitting First Lady Of The United States...which means 'Barry' is President Barack Obama, a duly-elected 2-time sitting former POTUS

Note my use of their titles, which no matter how some folk like to use snarky-a** nicknames, can do a dang thing about except crack wise on the flippin' internet...that junk was relevant maybe a few years ago, but it smacks of stunted adolescence now

I'm a lifelong left-of-center Democrat, and I can assure you that during those times when my party wasn't in power, I didn't waste bandwidth and people's time mocking folks from the other party...my dad always told me 'even if you didn't ELECT the candidate, then respect their office'

Old 09-13-2019, 12:05 PM

2,043 posts, read 1,661,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcighummer View Post
I happen to like Sarah Palin and I think she never has received the respect she should have received. It is always a good idea to not wish bad things on others as you may find yourself in the same or worse spot someday.

While I don't wish for bad things to happen to the Palin's, as an Alaskan that's watched her rise in popularity, I don't think she earned respect. I don't live in Wasilla, so didn't participate in her election to mayor of Wasilla. But, I did participate in the election where she became governor of Alaska. Her campaign had nothing of substance and there was no way I was voting for her (and didn't). Then she quits half way through her term because she had stars in her eyes and went after the money. I'm sorry, you made a commitment for four years, you should serve your four years. I could go on but my point is that she doesn't deserve respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska