Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 01:11 PM

10,558 posts, read 7,758,541 times

Advertisements

I fault her for plenty, but not for answering the call from McCain to serve her party.
Of course, it did have the unfortunate consequence of unleashing the oil industry toady Sean Parnell upon the state.
If she had worked hard to prepare herself for media appearances, who knows?
They were players for awhile, toe to toe with Obama.
A female dingbat was just too much for the public to accept back then in such a position, I guess.
Now we have a male dingbat as President-whodathunkit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 01:40 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
I thought they were Christian? Divorce is not acceptable, if one is to remain a Christian in good faith.
That is the Catholics, not "Christians" per se.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:46 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
FNM is shorthand (I believe) for 'Fake News Media' which equals anything to the left of Fox News

'Mooch' is an alarmingly unclever nickname for a 2-time former sitting First Lady Of The United States...which means 'Barry' is President Barack Obama, a duly-elected 2-time sitting former POTUS

Note my use of their titles, which no matter how some folk like to use snarky-a** nicknames, can do a dang thing about except crack wise on the flippin' internet...that junk was relevant maybe a few years ago, but it smacks of stunted adolescence now

I'm a lifelong left-of-center Democrat, and I can assure you that during those times when my party wasn't in power, I didn't waste bandwidth and people's time mocking folks from the other party...my dad always told me 'even if you didn't ELECT the candidate, then respect their office'
I am a further leftist Democrat. I don't wish bad things on her, Todd or their special-needs son. But I have a real problem with the smug, sanctimonious hypocrisy of the social conservatives. Before pontificating they should think "there but for the grace of G-d go I".

Old 09-13-2019, 02:34 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
The "sanctimonious hypocrisy of the social conservatives" is the same as all other sides of the political spectrum. In reality such things are self-serving human emotions (each one of us does the same). But one seldom sees oneself of being that way. Instead, one sees another as being the bad guy.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:04 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,897 times
Catholics do not consider divorce a sin IIRC; they just do not recognize it. If you divorce and have a sexual encounter with someone other than your living former spouse, you have committed adultery and must confess this sin and obtain forgiveness before receiving any of the sacraments. You may ask the Church for an annulment though, which requires a determination by the Church that a true marriage never existed. These determinations are not that easy to obtain as I recall.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:51 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
That is the Catholics, not "Christians" per se.
The doctrine is the same.

...Oh, that’s right! As long as they’re not homosexual it’s all good ��

Old 09-13-2019, 06:13 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Well, given the fact that he spent several years during the Obama years being part of that realm as Mr. Birther, I'd say what comes around goes around. Also, in case you've been asleep for the past 2 years, you might want to go read his Twitter feed for about 30 seconds. He not only earns it, he actually invites it.

Then there really is no reason to defend Mr. Trump now. Is there?
Who's defending him? Not me. Go fuss at someone else.

Old 09-13-2019, 06:14 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCB View Post
I've heard names that some celebrities name their kids. A lot worse than these.
Don't even get me started.

But still - these Palins. They've always been sort of a sideshow to me. A cheap one but hey, it's not like I was paying anything to watch their drama unfold.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:15 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,324,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
If you think they few minor quips in this thread are bad, how did you tolerate the pure vitriol and venom spewed forth in the conservative media realm during the Obama years?
Guess regular people tolerate “the pure vitriol and venom spewed ... during Obama years” the same way as we do in Trump years...
How did you even connect Palin’s divorce to Obama? And why does it matter today?

Old 09-13-2019, 10:30 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,643,640 times
I feel bad for the guy. He was an 80s teen like me. Back then, early marriages were more common. Divorce was a known risk, but a lot of young adults in the 80s went into marriage thinking it only happens to someone else. Unfortunately, that wasn't the outcome for many of them. Todd Palin is now another statistic of marital dreams that died by late middle age. It made me think of this classic 80s song where the lyrics reflect the tone of a disappointment and hardship - like a failed marriage. I am glad I never got married. I feel like I avoided a hurricane when news like this breaks out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTW99Qhs6Kg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska