Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:31 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,796 times
Palin is a pretty face and a good speaker....not much more

Most of her sound-bites have been shown to be false or inaccurate

She hasn't finished too many things in Alaska that she ran on.....she is a republican politician, they all talk a good story til they are on the job

Even ole Carl Rove said today her big splash was short lived...

Old 09-19-2008, 11:16 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Palin is a pretty face and a good speaker....not much more

Most of her sound-bites have been shown to be false or inaccurate

She hasn't finished too many things in Alaska that she ran on.....she is a republican politician, they all talk a good story til they are on the job

Even ole Carl Rove said today her big splash was short lived...
Kind of like every other VP this country has had? It's not like she's running for prez. I don't see what all the hoopla is about. Everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. And now the hollywood celebs are making a big deal out of it. Like any of them are any better. It's sickening.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:19 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,105,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Kind of like every other VP this country has had? It's not like she's running for prez. I don't see what all the hoopla is about. Everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. And now the hollywood celebs are making a big deal out of it. Like any of them are any better. It's sickening.
I agree, Rance..."you must spread around...etc"

Old 09-19-2008, 11:24 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I cannot stand that woman and her friggin up do hair. If I see one more paper or tv show with her on it I will scream. She is the epitome of all that is awful and Republican!
I think she's cute. Has that librarian look about her. Cute.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:33 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Some informative reading about Alaskan history, language, natives, non-natives, etc....

Alaska Natives at the Time of the Invasions

That is a very good description of Alaskan history in a short version. UAF has all sorts of neat stuff in their archives you can access on the web.

Thanks for posting that!

Old 09-19-2008, 11:34 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,235,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I cannot stand that woman and her friggin up do hair. If I see one more paper or tv show with her on it I will scream. She is the epitome of all that is awful and Republican!
I can look at her all day, she is very easy on the eyes. The person I'm sick of seeing is Obama, I change the channel whenever he's on.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:38 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
There may be many illegals in the Southwest but not all whose first language is Spanish are illegals. I'm a fourth generation American of Mexican descent (born and raised in Chicago) but my ancesters had lived in Southern Texas for several generations before it became the United States of America. Because Mexican-Americans choose to speak Spanish doesn't make them illegals.

Because of the 'melting pot' of American, I don't look like any specific nationality except, I don't look Caucasian. Years ago when I was a student and working as a nurse's aide, a patient with a strong accent, asked me 'What are you?'. I knew what he meant but answered, 'I'm a woman.' He said, 'No! What are you.' I told him I was Mexican-American. He told me "You talk real good for a Mexican.' I asked what he was and he said Norwegian. I told him he spoke very well for a Norwegian. He was insulted.

I agree we should all speak a common language. What bothers me, is the assumption that because some of us aren't Caucasian and some of us have a first language that isn't English, we're considered 'illegals'. I have ancesters who helped the first Europeans off their boats but I'm considered more un-American than a second generation European.

Hmmm, go figure!
Pretty well said!

I don't care is someone speaks a second language as a first. Just speaking one common language is what unites a country as one.

Not being able to comunicate is what starts wars.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:46 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Default AZ Loves Palin!

Yeah, we kinda like Sen. McCain...'cept for that illegal immigration thing...but we absolutlely adore your Guvna'!

Conservative values and ideals in that camp for sure....

Bring it on!

Sincerely,

Your "buddy" from Arizona.

Stay warm.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:56 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I swear I heard the name Anne Kilkenny before this, was she maybe in the contact list from the yahoo email??? If so would make it more propaganda
Not!
snopes.com: Alaskans' Opinions on Sarah Palin

Old 09-19-2008, 11:57 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
That is a very good description of Alaskan history in a short version. UAF has all sorts of neat stuff in their archives you can access on the web.

Thanks for posting that!
Welcome, and I am still working on reading - is very informative and starts out with just the verbage we take for granted and how it is used wrong...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska