Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 08:47 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why wasn't this thread started 4 months (or more) ago?
I mean, this is the AK thread and these matter impact Alaskans.
So, what changed to bring these issues to the forefront now?

lol.
Well I received the email a few days ago. As I was reading the various stories I noticed one about Alaskans & decided that it was interesting & that other members might find it interesting as well. Even if Palin wasn't running for office I would've posted it.

Politicaly I'm registered as a Republican but I vote Libertarian.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:08 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
could you explain what is the official language?
There is no "official language" of the United States.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:14 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
I'm about as "not" an elected official as anyone on this planet can be. I despise politics in every shape, size and form. I wish we had a king and queen. Then there wouldn't be all this turmoil and bickering every 4 years. Plus...maybe some heads would roll a little more often.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:16 AM

734 posts, read 2,616,641 times
I had decided on McCain when he was running in the primaries. This decision only solidified my choice.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:19 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you are entitled to your views, but what bothers me, is you or anyone else seem to question her at every turn in the road, but forget about Biden and plaguerism (I have no idea how to spell it) but I am sure you know what I am talking about.

NIta
As I have pointed out, this thread is about Palin. Start a thread to discuss Biden and I'm there. I have been faithful in citing my sources of information. I wish others would as well. It's easy to throw around allegations but they mean nothing without verification. I have been accused of posting only the negative. And you know why? Because those are the things I'm concerned about. Members who are attacking my posts have yet to post any citations to negate the sources I have posted.

Just because I have concerns about Palin doesn't mean I'm an Obama supporter. I wanted to vote for McCain until he picked Palin. I only know what I read about her. I became a member of this forum because I'm moving to SE Alaska in November and wanted information on the two places that were recruiting me. Turns out I'm going to Angoon instead. I saw the threads and thought it would be a good place to discuss the Republican choice for VP.

Why the defensiveness? I thought this forum would be a great place to discuss Palin. You don't like what I post, prove me wrong. Sorry, I don't know any of the posters and as you haven't accepted my public published sources as fact, I can't accept your anecdotal statements as fact.

I've been called names, insulted and basically called a liar on this forum; just because I post opposing views. I haven't and won't stoop to the same. I'm also not going to run away from the discussion.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:25 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
[vent]Thats exactly why there is a political forum. So the others don't get trashed much like this Ak forum has been with the never ending posts by outsiders about Palin. I'm so sick of hearing and reading her name I could just scream. I think we had one thread started when it was first announced she was chosen. But for a week straight we were getting folks posting threads here asking about her. Like any of us even know her. It wold be like us locals going to where ever the heck that other VP guy is from and asking how many of them have met "whats his face" personally. It's getting really old. This is the Ak forum not the Palin forum.[/vent]

Last edited by Rance; 09-18-2008 at 08:47 PM..

Old 09-18-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I can't get over the irony in this statement.
It's a ridiculous statement.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:30 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Rance, you have a good point. I went to the Delaware forum and didn't see anything about Biden at all, so I posted this:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/delaw...ml#post5319184

Old 09-18-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metlakatla View Post
rance, you have a good point. I went to the delaware forum and didn't see anything about biden at all, so i posted this:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/delaw...ml#post5319184
lol

Old 09-18-2008, 09:35 AM

12 posts, read 28,920 times
In the race between McCain and Obama I was already a McCain supporter ... despite the fact I cringe to the idea of another republican president .. but the Democrats have failed to present a viable option at this time.

As for Palin .. I am indifferent .. not sure if she was the right or wrong choice, but it's because I dont know her at all, in case somethign happens to the President, the VP needs to be somebody capable of running the country on it's own .. is she capable ? thats the question I dont have an answer to ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska