Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:09 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,570,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
English is not native to Alaska. Yup'ik is.

Which language should our ballots be printed in????
Well then you would know that they didn't have a "Written" language until the evil White Guys showed up and taught them about the written language....

English is what bonds all of American's together. What happened in the past is just that, the past, it's not you fault, mine or anyone else that is mainly alive today.

If we all spoke a different language, there would be a lot of hate that is seen in other countries that have no common bond. Having a "Mother" language is fine for a region, but a country needs to have a common one that all can understand.

Even in Alaska's history, the Indians here fought each other over different languages, The North Coast, Aleutians, Interior, South central and Southeast all spoke different from each other. Yup'ik is one of many spoken.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:12 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Just an aside...I would venture to bet that most (not all) people who have criticized Palin's comment about the Pledge had no idea when or how it was worded, created, or by whom, before they saw some blog or tidbit lambasting her about it.
You would be very wrong there, in my case.

About the bridge to Gravina...in the first place, that bridge would have had to have been built ridiculously high in order for the cruise ships to pass under it. Can you imagine, lol? It's also been my understanding that the people of Gravina did not want the bridge; they moved out to Gravina for a reason I guess.

So she killed that. The money that was earmarked for that nonetheless went into Alaska's General Fund. Now if she'd sent the money back to the feds she's actually have something to brag about.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:15 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Whomever started this thread has taken off to his/her more childish activities...Why would this be posted in Alaska, other than the fact that Sarah Palin is running for VP...Maybe all the dumb Alaskans with say "Hey man, yeah we'll vote for what his face to get our gov...we are not capable of making up our minds on our own, we will go for what we know, we can barely read,much more think for ourselves.." Right, the population of Alaska has been well advertised, even if we all went with the obvious, wouldn't make too much of an impact when all is said and done... Think my question would be is to ask this in the -48,and see how many answer it, then we'll see who is informed and who isn't???
Fortunately, this is NOT the lesser-48. Sarah wasn't my first choice for Governor. I only voted for her because John Binkley lost the GOP Primary in 2006. While I do like Sarah, even though I disagree with her on some issues, and would seriously consider voting for her again as Governor, I can't get past McCain.

I don't vote for liberals, which means I can't vote for McCain, and that means I won't be voting for Sarah this November.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:40 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You knew before coming onto this thread that your position on Palin was based entirely on lies. Now that you've been slapped with those lies you want to whine.
Whinning? Not my style.
So, where have my 'sources' been shown to be lies? You said they are, so that makes them so? Just cite your sources. I will read them and discuss them, civily.
I go on call in a few hours and won't get off call until Monday 7am, so I may be a little behind in my responses. Please don't assume my nonresponses for awhile mean I'm avoiding the discussion.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:41 PM

Asking for a handout? You're confusing me with Sarah. LOL Do you even know what earmarks are? ROTFLMAO

Old 09-17-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
....but you don't have the first clue about Governor Palin or Alaskan issues, and to pretend that you do only underscores your hubris.
I came here to discuss Palin. As a -48er, you're right, I only know about Palin from the media. I have yet to read anything that makes me believe she is the right candidate for VP. You throw insults, call me names, and tell me what I don't know. Yet, you have done nothing to prove the sources are wrong except say they are. Prove them wrong. Cite your sources.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:06 PM

Breaking news. Palin's Yahoo email account has been hacked into and pages are posted on line. The campaign has confirmed this.

Don't condon hacking at all but if she has been using her yahoo account to conduct business could this be interpreted by some to have been a ploy to avoid freedom of information disclosures.....

Old 09-17-2008, 09:14 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Or maybe...like me...she has a work e-mail and a personal e-mail. Who ever posted any of her e-mail publicly should be delt with a severe manner.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:17 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,106,591 times
Just on the news it stated her personal email account was hacked.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,236,156 times
Heaven forbid that Sarah Palin has a Yahoo email account, what has this world come to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska