Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 07:21 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times

Advertisements

The Alaska opinion. Would be good to know from the folks who live in the Great State of Alaska Since we in the lower 48 only get jibberish news.
What do Alaskan's think?
We will value your opinion.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:22 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
I am voting for Palin. Ah, yes! And for that old man, too.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago Borges View Post
What do you think about her ideas that mix god with war, and pipelines, and politics...

Here in Europe she is beeig ridicularized

Cheers
Too bad! In here lots of us ridicule the Europeans.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:25 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
One issue alone swung my vote. McCain and Palin's support of the Second Amendment. When they start talking about restriciting your 2nd Amendment rights and they have the track record to prove it, watch out. First they take your guns, then your gold and finally your girls. I'm not giving up any of my 3G's....

Old 09-17-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I'm confused. Palin responded to the question re. 'under God' with it was 'good enough for our founding fathers...'. The woman obviously believes that our 'founding fathers' developed the Pledge of Allegiance. Geeze!!

Regarding the question of this thread, I am not going to vote for McCain because of his choice of VP. I am not voting for McCain because he chose Palin for VP.

I know this board is made up of mainly Palin supporters. Sorry, much as I tried, I can't see this woman as any more than the joke protrayed by Fey on SLN.

How can anyone who has listened to her interview believe she is qualified to be VP?!? Without a teleprompter or a speech writer she comes off as a joke! She'll be a good VP because she can see Russia from Alaska? She knows nothing about foreign policy. She is embroiled in an ethics investigation. She wanted information on censoring books in her community. She has, if not out and out lied, twisted the truth regarding the 'Bridge to Nowhere'. She has denied supporting 'earmarks' when her record clearly shows she was a huge proponent of same. Her oil pipeline is mainly going to be in Canada and Canada will benefit because if Alaska doesn't meet its predetermined quota, penalties will be paid to Canada. How is this going to benefit America's economy? Oh, gawd, it just keeps getting worse everytime she speaks off the cuff!

I have been reading this board for a while and keep reading about the great things Palin has done for Alaska but no one has posted what those things are. All negative things stated/written/video tapped about Palin are poo-pooed as the 'liberal's spin'. Sorry folks, you can't 'spin' FACTS.
Lets say that she is not qualified for VP. In that case, tell me how Obama is qualified for P? What has he done that qualifies him for "P" ?

Old 09-17-2008, 07:30 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Does your state print its ballots in Zwahili, Portuguese, or Chinese? No? Then I guess your state governor must HATE those people and their languages. That's the kind of moronic stupidity I see being posted here. Get a clue.
English is not native to Alaska. Yup'ik is.

Which language should our ballots be printed in????

Old 09-17-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago Borges View Post
Well, in my humble opinion, and for the world sake, i really hope that Maccain doesn´t win.
i´m portuguese living in Lisbon and from here i think that the Democrats don´t think so much about war or oil.... probably this is a cliché, but that´s how i feel. Democrat´s can take the US out of economic depression you are getting into

Go Obama
Democrats don't think too much about war and oil? You better look at how Democrats, including Al Gore owe their fortunes to oil, and how former Democrat Presidents, just like Republicans, waged war. haven't you heard that the Democrats in Congress just passed an offshore oil bill? Oil money helps both the Democrats and the Republicans alike, and so wars such as the one in Iraq. Some of the relatives of some prominent Democrats in Congress are making a lot of money from the war in Iraq. Even Bill Clinton has his little war.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:36 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
We're screwed either way...

Old 09-17-2008, 07:40 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,232,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Lets say that she is not qualified for VP. In that case, tell me how Obama is qualified for P? What has he done that qualifies him for "P" ?
If Oprah says he's ready then it must be true.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:43 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,224,415 times
I lean toward McCain, but less so after his nomination of Palin. It is pandering to the worst of my party, the ultra-conservative and the religious right. I like Palin as my Governor, but am not thrilled with the thought of her possibly leading my nation in the unhoped for event that McCain dies in office. Having her in the position of nominating a Supreme Court justice gives me chills.

JMO of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska