Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times

Advertisements

Yahoo is a piece of cake to hack into. I doubt that she used it as her work e-mail.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:31 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
I voted were doomed. Only because there was no option for " I won't be voting for anyone". I'm livin on the edge man.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:35 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I came here to discuss Palin. As a -48er, you're right, I only know about Palin from the media. I have yet to read anything that makes me believe she is the right candidate for VP. You throw insults, call me names, and tell me what I don't know. Yet, you have done nothing to prove the sources are wrong except say they are. Prove them wrong. Cite your sources.
The way I see it, Palin (when compared to Obama), would be more qualified to be a president than Obama. There is not one thing in Obama's resume that even gets close to what Palin has accomplished already.

Obama is nothing more than an air bubble made into a messiah by Oprah and the news media.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Breaking news. Palin's Yahoo email account has been hacked into and pages are posted on line. The campaign has confirmed this.

Don't condon hacking at all but if she has been using her yahoo account to conduct business could this be interpreted by some to have been a ploy to avoid freedom of information disclosures.....
To conduct what business. Her personal business, or official business?

Old 09-17-2008, 09:47 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,137,109 times
State business! Ok, this proves she's a moron...

adn.com | Alaska Politics Blog : Palin e-mail hacked

Old 09-17-2008, 09:48 PM

185 posts, read 404,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Or maybe...like me...she has a work e-mail and a personal e-mail. Who ever posted any of her e-mail publicly should be delt with a severe manner.

Or, perhaps, as the previous poster commented "a ploy to avoid freedom of information disclosures....., or she is just stupid. From the "leaks", it is apparent that she was conducting official business on those accounts. So, the questions are: Is she stupid, or trying to hide something?

I was undecided as to who to vote for, but her pick as VP convinced me to vote, either Dem, or Libertarian.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It's a matter of public record, as I've stated before. How are you, anyway? I just spoke with my mother on the telephone and she says that the general feeling around the island isn't positive at all about Palin.

You could look up the bill, but I'm trying to think of who you could ask to give you an idea of what some of the people believe that it would mean specifically to them---Bobby J or Jerry M? Personally I don't see it as affecting my life; I don't do subsistence and boosting commercial fishing would just boost my bank account. Good think money doesn't mean **** to me.

I don't think it's a circulating e-mail---similar things are all over the Native American media. And the bills were listed and can all be found on the Alaska.gov website.
Still, since only one side of the issue is presented, how can anybody tell what palin decided on each issue? Was she following the AK Constitution, or the mandates by the Federal Government in relation to the control of fish and game in Alaska? Should a governor renounce the State Constitution and let the Federal Government take over?

Those are some of the issues I am referring to, and the ones that are not mentioned in your post. All we see is one side accusing the other, with no defense from the other side. Palin seems to be very popular in the rural areas. At least that's what has been seen in resent elections by the number of votes coming from those areas. The same can be said about Stevens and Don Young, since the rural vote always push their vote count up. We just saw that recently when Parnell was winning early in the night, and then Young pulling ahead with the rural vote.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Is she stupid, or trying to hide something?
Is that an either/or question? Or do we have the option of "both of the above"?

Old 09-17-2008, 10:00 PM

I don't know, Ray. She isn't popular in my rural part of Alaska. According the the ancestor I spoke with tonight, she's referred to there as the mayor of the meth capital of Alaska.

The other side of the issue can be seen in court documents. As I said before, they are readily available to the public. People can and should make of them what they will. But I do have to say that as far as some of these being leftovers from previous administrations, Palin had the choice of whether to continue with litigation...or not.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sman View Post
Or, perhaps, as the previous poster commented "a ploy to avoid freedom of information disclosures....., or she is just stupid. From the "leaks", it is apparent that she was conducting official business on those accounts. So, the questions are: Is she stupid, or trying to hide something?

I was undecided as to who to vote for, but her pick as VP convinced me to vote, either Dem, or Libertarian.
According to the news:
Quote:
revealing as evidence a few inconsequential personal messages she has received since John McCain selected her as his running mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska