Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:16 PM

58 posts, read 180,431 times

Advertisements

I've just had another thought on this one..With absolutely no experience she'd still do better than George Bush.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:22 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,321,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlym View Post
I've just had another thought on this one..With absolutely no experience she'd still do better than George Bush.
So would any of my dogs. At least they understand what it means to stop at a gas station.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:27 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,164,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I agree. I wasn't going to vote for either of those two clowns this year, but I definitely approve of Palin.
I feel the same way. I was having a hard time choosing for the lesser of two losers this time. I had decided that I could not vote for Hussein, so I would have to drag my feet to the ballot box and vote for Macain even if I didn't want to. Palin is a very needed breath of fresh air, and I will vote because of her.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:31 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,164,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlym View Post
It scares me to think Palin could be our President anytime after McCain's elected (if). How do we know she could handle it? I believe this is a very dangerous time for our country and not the time to think "Oh, she's a woman, I'll vote for her". I think he chose her to get Hillary's votes regardless of her experience and I don't think he was thinking of the security of our country in doing so.
The same way Carter handled it when he became president, the same way Reagan handled it when he became president, the same way Bill Clinton handled it, the same way Obama will handle it if he becomes president, the same way Hillary could have, and so forth...The President is just a figurehead who does nothing without consulting his of her cabinet. The fact is the governors have a lot more experience than senators. That's a well known fact.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:02 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,321,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Funny you eluded all she has done for Alaska in just two short years. Attacking her from this stand point will simply not work, I promise you that. The woman is sharp, aggressive and does what she thinks is right at all times.

As for the man behind the curtain? Again, you obviously do not know John McCain, this move is classic McCain and his style. I had a gut feeling he would pull one out of his hat, but admit I did not think it would be Palin. McCain does things his way, he is no puppet. That is what people like about him. He stands on his own two feet.
You totally missed his point. What he said was that most people in the Lower 48 don't know anything about her, and that by choosing her, McClain just made the election a lot more interesting. It's pathetic to say someone eluded what she's done for Alaska, when they've already said they don't know anything about her -yet. Nowhere did he attack her, just said most people in the Lower 48 don't know anything about her. How and why should they? Alaska isn't the center of everything in most people's minds, and it certainly isn't very high on the media's list, unless they're complaining about something.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:26 PM

13 posts, read 58,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'm a woman. I don't think abortion as a means of general birth control is right (yes, yes, incest/rape/threatened life of mother different).

I figure my right to choose is whether I choose to have sex or not.

I'm excited about Sarah Palin.
Go girl....you took the words right out of my mouth. When I read this on CNN....it excited me too. I visit Alaska every summer and I know more and hear more about this lady than the governor of my own state and much of it is good. This should make this election interesting and worth following. It sounds like she is a lady with some values.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:56 PM

126 posts, read 299,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
A woman's right to choose what? Murder? Please. that's not a choice
I think any WOMAN w/any self respect wouldn't vote for some Moron(Obama/Osama). It's ridiculous that alot of people only vote Dem.becuase of that 1thing"murder".They don't even care about the other issues,just so long as women can legally murder, thats all that matters! I'm voting 4 McCain/Palin,I think they will B a great team!By the way I luv McCains choice 4 VP,now that's a self respecting women!

Old 08-29-2008, 10:59 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
What is Palin's take on BC?

Most republicans seem to be very much against it. Though I am pro life myself, I would respect their stance on abortion if they had a even a somewhat reasonable platform regarding birth control.

Quote:
It's ridiculous that alot of people only vote Dem.becuase of that 1thing"murder".
That's pretty far from the truth. Most Democrats aren't one-issue voters.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:00 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
Palin is a political neophyte. Please command your brain cells to process this fact.

Let me judge who's a class act and who's not a class act. Linking lamp throwing and morality is total folly. My light bulb has more wattage than you think.

The great, and the not so great, all have degrees of ROTTENITIS. We live on a planet where greed, sex, power, and money rule.
Well you're right about the last paragraph. But don't come here and tell me that Palin is a political neophyte and Obama isn't. It doesn't matter how much wattage your light bulb has if you don't have a reliable supply of electrical current--or if you've just had a lamp hurled at you!

Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 PM

395 posts, read 1,716,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
What I envision is a Palin-Clinton race in 2016. Wow! You go, girls.
Surely, U jest. Those 2 are day and nite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska