Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 11:03 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,483,470 times

Advertisements

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/4...ahpalinla4.png

Daily Kos: Sarah Palin Is NOT The Mother [Photos+Video]

Daily Kos: BabyGate: Explosive New Details [Photos+Video]

Do any of you Alaskans care to comment on this? My initial impressions of her are good and I like her a whole lot better than McSame.

At the same time, I would never vote for her because of her conservative policies. That's a different debate.

I've seen this story in numerous blogs. It will be interesting to see if any of the majors pick this up at all.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:02 AM

391 posts, read 1,029,879 times
Okay, why are there so many non Alaskans on the Alaska board??? Isn't there a POLITICS forum....https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...tial-election/??

A bunch of gnats spewing political tripe around here. Maybe I'm the only one, but it puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:47 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,540,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post

Do any of you Alaskans care to comment on this? My initial impressions of her are good and I like her a whole lot better than McSame.

At the same time, I would never vote for her because of her conservative policies. That's a different debate.

I've seen this story in numerous blogs. It will be interesting to see if any of the majors pick this up at all.
I think we went through all of this in May-June.

Some things to consider. First, if there was a conspiracy to cover up a teen pregnancy, many people would have had to be involved. How come nobody who would have had to been directly involved leaked something? You're talking doctors, nurses, hospital staff, her staff and governmental workers. Some who do have a vested interest in keeping a secret and others who do not. Most rumors were from second and third hand sources.

When my wife saw Sarah Palin on TV after her announced pregnancy, she said that yes, she was pregnant. My wife said that she breathed and talked like someone who was pregnant and that it was something you couldn't fake or would even think to fake.

As to why she flew home to have a baby. Who knows? Obviously there was enough time to make it back. Maybe she wanted to be close to family and familiar doctors. Maybe she wanted her baby to have an Alaskan birth certificate. It doesn't really matter though.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:05 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,846,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarian View Post
Okay, why are there so many non Alaskans on the Alaska board??? Isn't there a POLITICS forum....https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...tial-election/??

A bunch of gnats spewing political tripe around here. Maybe I'm the only one, but it puts a bad taste in my mouth.

I agree Icarian - this is more like blood-sucking leeches, but I don't think we have them here - maybe giant mosquito's, this ? is she the mother? just went over the edge with me - put that someplace else - Enquirer news, not Alaska - or politics, maybe she is an alien.....time to get a life if anyone believes that kind of crap

Last edited by Grannysroost; 09-01-2008 at 01:15 AM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 09-01-2008, 01:10 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,926,861 times
What, you've never visited a state forum other than Alaska? Don't answer, I checked, you haven't. Well, you need to get out more (just kidding). But, seriously, your governor just put your state on the map, expect even more visitors. I kind of like the fact that you guys have real discussions up here besides the lack of sunlight in winter. And we did not start this thread we are just bringing outside perspective. Peace.

H

Old 09-01-2008, 01:21 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,031,543 times
Yep...there were a lot of other boring choices. He made a choice that wasn't boring. That shakes things up. All the other ones would have been, "ho hum, what's on the other channell".

Old 09-01-2008, 09:18 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
Frankly, since I've been privy to the opinions of a number of Alaskans through this forum I am, I have to say, shocked and appalled and the number of anti-environmentalist, SUV loving, drill ANWR types that call Alaska home.
Alaska is the reddest of the red states; the deep south of the far north.

Quote:
No. I don't care to comment on the contents of the Weekly World News, either.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:10 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Depends on who you ask. Exxon-Mobil or Chevron shareholders would probably beg to differ. Numerous defense contractors, ditto. Small and medium sized homeland security outfits have never had it better. No matter how bad it is for everyone its always good for someone. Knowing how close to the point of death to bring the patient is what Republicans IMO don't know how to do. They screw the economy to hell and gone and have a good time doing it and then let a Democrat come in and fix things then say "thanks we'll take it from here" and do the same thing over again. There won't be any "fixing" a 2 Trillion dollar war debt and the money to be made (saved) outsourcing white collar jobs and insourcing illegal labor for local manufacturing and construction will see that the fight to repatriate the American worker will be just that, a fight.
You touch on a point that has been long forgotten as it happened in Spring of 2001. Our current energy policy was written by Dick Cheney and a room full of energy industry "officals", representatives of oil and gas companies. The task force made national energy policy reccomendations, which would seem as a conflict of interest since all those present had a vested interest in keeping the national policy based upon the consumption of the very products they sell, oil and gas. Cheney claimed that there were no lobbyist at the meeting and the President sought confidential advice from inside and outside of the government. A court agreed. If they over ruled, he was going to claim executive privledge - meaning that the American people had no right to know who was making energy policy for the country. It was the first action he personally took in claiming more power for the president, taking it from Congress and the courts. Frontline on PBS had an excellent program on this.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:14 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,819,676 times
I just hope she builds that bridge! If they won't let us drill, at least they could put in bridges and shorten driving distances!

Old 09-01-2008, 11:17 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post

Are you contending that no one knows, not even McCain that Palin's daughter is the mother? If this was true, why would she accept the nomination and knowingly put the campaign of McCain in jeopardy? And if McCain knew, why would he knowingly put his own campaign in jeopardy?

I serioulsy doubt that they would get a sympathy vote or the "any other mother would have done the same thing" reaction. It would more be to tell your children to take responsibility for their actions. I also doubt either would jeopardize their careers by taking a chance on this.

Last edited by Redd Jedd; 09-01-2008 at 11:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska