Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:58 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:

The problem with McCain, unlike Palin, is that he is not fighting, and at times it seems that Palin is the only one doing all the work.
Yes, she's doing the dirty work all right, which is her forte. What a shame that it's backfiring on the Republican party and that her only appeal anymore is to the reactionary, uneducated base. Their chant of "Kill him" at her rallies are nothing short of an embarrassment to the true conservatives, not to mention the people of Alaska.

Quote:
The truth is that most Alaskans have an opposite view than yours in relation to Palin. Another reality is that because of Palin MacCain is still hanging on. McCain is not much different than Obama relating to liberalism, and Palin has added a little balance conservatives can clearly identify with.
Then explain why so many conservatives have come out against her. All the way from Lyda Green to Kathleen Parker. The only people who identify her with her anymore are trailer trash who still believe that Obama is a Muslim.

That's okay, Ray. After she's sent back to Alaska with her tail between her legs, you'll still have that disgusting photoshop that you posted here (and was deleted due to TOS violations) to **** over.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:03 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yes, she's doing the dirty work all right, which is her forte. What a shame that it's backfiring on the Republican party and that her only appeal anymore is to the reactionary, uneducated base. Their chant of "Kill him" at her rallies are nothing short of an embarrassment to the true conservatives, not to mention the people of Alaska.

Then explain why so many conservatives have come out against her. All the way from Lyda Green to Kathleen Parker. The only people who identify her with her anymore are trailer trash who still believe that Obama is a Muslim.

That's okay, Ray. After she's sent back to Alaska with her tail between her legs, you'll still have that disgusting photoshop that you posted here (and was deleted due to TOS violations) to **** over.
Well, I was very serious and informative. I don't see Palin doing the dirty work, and have as much rights as you do for having an opposite view of yours. I see Palin working hard to win this elections, and so a lot of other people.

By the way, the dirty work is being done by ACORN and groups like that.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
The truth is that most Alaskans have an opposite view than yours in relation to Palin.
And it's such a crying shame that Alaska's three piddly little electoral votes don't count for a hill of beans in this election. Someone pass me a tissue.

And again, I am not sure what qualifies you to speak for most people in Alaska. It's rather clear from recent editorials and commentary in both the ADN and the Miner that her credibility has taken quite a flush lately.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
By the way, the dirty work is being done by ACORN and groups like that.
By the way, the real dirty work is being done by the brain dead extremists such as Governor Palin. Even McCain's own campaign advisers are appalled by this woman.

The ACORN issue has been debunkded many times. It's rather pathetic that you neo-cons keep holding onto it.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
And it's such a crying shame that Alaska's three piddly little electoral votes don't count for a hill of beans in this election. Someone pass me a tissue.

And again, I am not sure what qualifies you to speak for most people in Alaska. It's rather clear from recent editorials and commentary in both the ADN and the Miner that her credibility has taken quite a flush lately.
I agree with you about the three "piddly" votes, but that's not my fault nor the fault of any other Alaskan. besides, there are other States in the same situation as Alaska (small number of electoral votes).

Still, Palin is the most popular governor of all the States. After the extreme Democrats have trashed her day and night, she still survives. Do you know what company owns the ADN and the Miner? They aren't from Alaska, but from the "left" coast. However, the News Miner still publishes a lot of pro-Palin editorials. The last one was published on October 12th.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
By the way, the real dirty work is being done by the brain dead extremists such as Governor Palin. Even McCain's own campaign advisers are appalled by this woman.

The ACORN issue has been debunkded many times. It's rather pathetic that you neo-cons keep holding onto it.
ACORN is being investigated in 15 States for voter fraud. In Ohio alone, all the early votes are going to be inspected and recounted.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Old 10-15-2008, 10:40 PM

When was the last poll on the governor's approval rating taken, Ray? Her rating have taken quite a dive in the last month, by the way. Even I would have given her a "fair" rating not so long ago. And don't forget that the Murkowski factor is largely at play here.

The Juneau Empire is also owned by a "company" and they've reported basically the same things as the ADN and the Miner....

Nonetheless, blaming the press is an easy out, and because she's got nothing else, Palin keeps shrilling on it. But don't forget how adoring the press was just a few short weeks ago...until she opened her mouth.

It's such a shame that she can't conduct her campaign with anything resembling integrity. She knows nothing about the issues so instead focuses on her crumbing family values platform that she is clearly unable to live in her own life.

Like I have said before ....I really must commend her for being an ignorant blowhard.

She's the best thing that has happened to the Democrats in years.

;

Old 10-15-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
When was the last poll on the governor's approval rating taken, Ray? Her rating have taken quite a dive in the last month, by the way. Even I would have given her a "fair" rating not so long ago. And don't forget that the Murkowski factor is largely at play here.

The Juneau Empire is also owned by a "company" and they've reported basically the same things as the ADN and the Miner....

Nonetheless, blaming the press is an easy out, and because she's got nothing else, Palin keeps shrilling on it. But don't forget how adoring the press was just a few short weeks ago...until she opened her mouth.

It's such a shame that she can't conduct her campaign with anything resembling integrity. She knows nothing about the issues so instead focuses on her crumbing family values platform that she is clearly unable to live in her own life.

Like I have said before ....I really must commend her for being an ignorant blowhard.

She's the best thing that has happened to the Democrats in years.

;
Well, you certainly have the right to feel that way and say so in this forum, but not once have you backed what you have said with proof, just emotional stuff. If she is that bad, why do the Democrats continue whining?

ACORN and BHO are as tight as a finger and nail, and that's the truth.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Well, you certainly have the right to feel that way and say so in this forum, but not once have you backed what you have said with proof, just emotional stuff.
Not quite. I've posted quite a few pdf files here that have backed up what I have posted.

Quote:
ACORN and BHO are as tight as a finger and nail, and that's the truth.
That has been debunked over and over. Get a grip.

Quote:
If she is that bad, why do the Democrats continue whining?
A better question might be why do the Republicans keep "whining". Quite a few Prominent Republicans have asked her to step down for the good of the party.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:13 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,216,962 times
Quote:
The only people who identify her with her anymore are trailer trash who still believe that Obama is a Muslim.
C'mon Met people are entitled to their opinions same as you. That doesn't make them trailer trash. I personally like her and I don't believe Obama to be a muslim. I think only the white trash who want to dis him because of his race think of him as muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska