Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:14 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
No. Just higher taxes, fewer jobs, more companies taking their manufacturing overseas, more government involvement in everyone's llives, fewer freedoms.
I think that's going to happen no matter which candidate is elected,

Old 10-17-2008, 03:44 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You mean, like Obma's long time spiritual advisor and mentor, Rev Wright, does?

Again, this is why AK is Ak, and why McCain's people should have immediately known that Gov. Palin could only appeal to the hardcore.

Once the media blitz was over, of course.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post

Again, this is why AK is Ak, and why McCain's people should have immediately known that Gov. Palin could only appeal to the hardcore.

Once the media blitz was over, of course.
sorry, not true in all cases: I am not hard core anything, leaning to the right, yes, closer to the middle. I have a daughter and granddaughter that are women's libbers to the max, both support Palin through and through....as does our old priest (not catholic) she happens to be a female and very left of the middle thoush she is a republican...

Nita

Old 10-17-2008, 06:36 PM

But you agree (with the exception of the priest) those positions are minority vis-a-vis the current polls.

And nobody has found that Gov. Palin appeals (in a majoritarian sense) to any group but Republicans.

Have you ever read John Dean's "Conservatives Without Conscience"?
Very instructive about what's happened to the GOP.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
But you agree (with the exception of the priest) those positions are minority vis-a-vis the current polls.

And nobody has found that Gov. Palin appeals (in a majoritarian sense) to any group but Republicans.

haven't read it, probably will not. As for who Palin appeals to? She certainly appealed to many living in Alaska when she ran for Governor....I would guess a few democrats voted for her. Right now, I don't think there are many democrats that would support any republican, there are a few. Independants, that remains to be seen. I do know of one, (again from our old church) that is voting republican but I am not sure it has anything to do with Palin. Oh, I do know a couple of others in NM who are, mainly cause they will not support Obama...

Nita

Old 10-17-2008, 08:52 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:

I disagree with you. Even in NYC, Palin brings in the cash. She attended a dinner a week or two ago, and did exactly that. I am not a Republican, but am conservative. The only reason why I am voting for MacCain is because of Palin. She is as conservative as they come, hunts, fishes, and is 100% pro-gun ownership. She brings in a lot of women, conservatives, and the Christian vote.

Just look at what happened during her debate with Biden: that afternoon, this debate attracted more viewers than all other debates. Yes, the Democrats were watching their candidate, but the rest were watching Palin.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:14 PM

Ah, but cash is not an indicator of popularity. And that applies to Sen. Obama, also.

Gov. Palin attracts about 30% of the general population; roughly the same number who call themselves Republican.

And while it can be said that most Evangelicals are Goppers, and therefore Gov. Palin folks, please don't let these 7% speak for the other 70% (rounded off) who also say they are Christians.
I happen to fall into that latter group. In fact I believe that Jesus was indeed God, but that he has zero to do with organized religion, which is just a pile of self-promoting BS.

Religious identification in the U.S.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
haven't read it, probably will not. As for who Palin appeals to? She certainly appealed to many living in Alaska when she ran for Governor....I would guess a few democrats voted for her. Right now, I don't think there are many democrats that would support any republican, there are a few. Independants, that remains to be seen. I do know of one, (again from our old church) that is voting republican but I am not sure it has anything to do with Palin. Oh, I do know a couple of others in NM who are, mainly cause they will not support Obama...

Nita

My point exactly re: Alaska.

But Alaska is as different from mainstream America as the south is. Which is why she was the death knell of the GOP campaign.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:36 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Default Good Humor!

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/2827/34i3fw7qu6.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-18-2008, 08:41 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Very funny. Except...we're ALREADY off track. The issue at hand is how to get back ON track. No one has really explained how to best do that - only what they *think* will be the best way. We don't realy know just how much thinking goes into the voting process in Congress, and the motivations behind the votes. ("Present" we can all understand, it's the Yea and Nay that raise questions.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska