Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:13 AM

641 posts, read 2,370,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamChasers8 View Post
I'm not ashamed of her, if they don't win the election I'll be happy to have her here as our governor. Who the hell are you to judge her because of her daughter? We can teach our children right and wrong and support them on anything until we turn blue in the face, but in the end they will do what they want, and we as parents can't do a damn thing about it but hope and pray that they will make the right decisions. To use her daughter's situation against her is rather low...go peck somewhere else!
Lack of sunlight gettin to ya?

Calm down, I thought it was ironic, her family being a conservative in all. It would be really ironic if she told her daughter to get an abortion. I would have LMAO

Old 10-15-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If that isn't one of the dumbest statements I have ever heard? Like you don't know anyone in NH that has had a kid get pregnant before marriage? I assume you think you are really funny with the names, some people never grow up, they remain as 6 and 7 year olds? Isn't the election about issues and not personality???

Nita
Personal attack. Geez calm down people. I actually don't know anybody who has been knocked up before marriage. Then again I've always used a rubber too.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:23 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
Personal attack. Geez calm down people. I actually don't know anybody who has been knocked up before marriage. Then again I've always used a rubber too.
Thank you for sharing....and I thought I didn't get out much...

Old 10-15-2008, 11:40 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,216,962 times
Quote:
Lack of sunlight gettin to ya?

Calm down, I thought it was ironic, her family being a conservative in all. It would be really ironic if she told her daughter to get an abortion. I would have LMAO
Not at all, just ignorant trolls like yourself are what's bothering me.

You would laugh your ass off if someone murdered their child???? What kind of person, democrat or republican would ever feel like that? Her family being conservative has nothing to do with a choice her daughter made. All families have issues with this type of thing, no matter what their political views are.

I'm sure your perfect right?

Old 10-15-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Thank God, I would hate to think of you reproducing.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamChasers8 View Post
Not at all, just ignorant trolls like yourself are what's bothering me.

You would laugh your ass off if someone murdered their child???? What kind of person, democrat or republican would ever feel like that? Her family being conservative has nothing to do with a choice her daughter made. All families have issues with this type of thing, no matter what their political views are.

I'm sure your perfect right?
That post went right over your head. Do you really think Palin would have what it takes to run a whole country if McCasket bit the dust?

Old 10-15-2008, 11:57 AM

Nothing went over my head, you said it would be ironic and funny if her daughter had an abortion.

No one is fully qualified to run a country until they have actually done it. I think she would do better than Bush!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:09 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
If that isn't one of the dumbest statements I have ever heard? Like you don't know anyone in NH that has had a kid get pregnant before marriage? I assume you think you are really funny with the names, some people never grow up, they remain as 6 and 7 year olds? Isn't the election about issues and not personality???
This is almost funny, the way you continually slam people who don't share your worship of your queen.

Too bad about the Palin kid.

Quote:
That post went right over your head. Do you really think Palin would have what it takes to run a whole country if McCasket bit the dust?
Maybe a better question here is whether Todd has what it takes...

We do have something to be proud of about her though. She's doing a great job of making sure that McCain doesn't win the election.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:43 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Glitch, are you a lawyer? Note what it says: "Laws and regulations governing the use or disposal of natural resources shall apply equally to all persons similarly situated with reference to the subject matter and purpose to be served by the law or regulation"

A person in Anchorage is not "similarly situated" to a person in a remote bush area in reference to certain resources, such as fish or game. That wording is there for a reason, or else they would have simply left it at "equal" without inserting some words that entirely change the meaning.
See Section 15 under Article 8 of the Alaska State Constitution:

Quote:
No exclusive right or special privilege of fishery shall be created or authorized in the natural waters of the State.
Whether you agree with the state constitution or not is immaterial. As Governor, Sarah must "support and defend" that document in accordance with her oath of office, even if she disagrees with it.

To claim that she is against Alaskan natives merely because she upholds her oath of office is flat out wrong, and indicative of the spin those who want to deliberately violate the state constitution for their own benefit regularly spew.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:59 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
See Section 15 under Article 8 of the Alaska State Constitution:

Whether you agree with the state constitution or not is immaterial. As Governor, Sarah must "support and defend" that document in accordance with her oath of office, even if she disagrees with it.

To claim that she is against Alaskan natives merely because she upholds her oath of office is flat out wrong, and indicative of the spin those who want to deliberately violate the state constitution for their own benefit regularly spew.
You left some of it out:

"No exclusive right or special privilege of fishery shall be created or authorized in the natural waters of the State. This section does not restrict the power of the State to limit entry into any fishery for purposes of resource conservation, to prevent economic distress among fishermen and those dependent upon them for a livelihood and to promote the efficient development of aquaculture in the State."

Thus a defense of subsistence fishing rules/rights, as people rely on the resource for livelihood (survival in other words) is easily formed, including when read with the other section I pointed out earlier.

And also section 4: "Fish, forests, wildlife, grasslands, and all other replenishable resources belonging to the State shall be utilized, developed, and maintained on the sustained yield principle, subject to preferences among beneficial uses."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska